Canon 7D Mark I

Started by Pelican, December 20, 2013, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vincentparker

Quote from: KevinG on September 15, 2014, 10:49:45 PM
Does anybody have any RAW video footage from the 7D that I can get my hands on?

Do a search of the forums for raw2cdng when they were developing that they shared some raw files to test the software and posted the download links here.

Quote from: Gwarf on September 19, 2014, 01:25:17 AM
Hi everybody, i'm new here   ;D
i try to understand why there's no stable version of ML for 7D and why audio doesn't exist.
I install ML today from the link at the begining of this post, do you know if this is the latest nightly build ?

The latest build is always shown first. There is no stable version because that takes time, Money and skilled developers. You can help accelerate progress by testing, providing feedback and donating.

I'm not sure what you mean by audio doesn't exist, so can't help you there.

walter_schulz

In my not so humble opinion the effect of donations on getting closer to a stable version is vastly overrated.

vincentparker

Quote from: walter_schulz on September 19, 2014, 07:28:12 AM
In my not so humble opinion the effect of donations on getting closer to a stable version is vastly overrated.

Probably true,  although it does help a little. No one like to work for free.. If I had more time, I would jump on trying to develop myself.

John Lyons

I have just installed the latest nightly build and I only get the Beep/Test tones option in the audio menu as well.
What and I missing? Are all the files included here (magiclantern-Nightly.2014Sep12.7D203.zip) or
do I need to combine files from somewhere else?

Thanks

John

Stedda

Read through the thread from the beginning, audio controls are not available.
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

N/A

I feel like the 7d has so much possibility for more Raw features, and more tools in general. I'm extremely hopeful that the developers don't let the recent controversy discourage them from continuing to develop ML for our dear 7d's.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

PanzerMamba

Is finally a possibility to record raw video on 7D without any crop? Becouse on yt or viemo a have found videos only recorderd with crop (x3 or x5).

walter_schulz

Danialdaneshmand

There's a new update for 7D apparently , could someone explain about audio controls , the change log is another language for me :D
https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/job/7D.203/changes

dpjpandone

just install it and page over to the audio menu to see these features.

vyskocil

With the latest sources I could record about 1 mn 40s (2423 frames) of full HD raw video at 1920x1080@24p (FPS override) in 5x crop mode with Canon Liveview, sound and global draw ON with Zebras and Focus Peak !
I think this is outstanding, a great achievement :-)
My CF is a Komputer Bay 64GB 1000x.

dlrpgmsvc

Quote from: vyskocil on September 27, 2014, 03:10:47 PM
With the latest sources I could record about 1 mn 40s (2423 frames) of full HD raw video at 1920x1080@24p (FPS override) in 5x crop mode with Canon Liveview, sound and global draw ON with Zebras and Focus Peak !
I think this is outstanding, a great achievement :-)
My CF is a Komputer Bay 64GB 1000x.
Wow! Magic or tragic lantern? Can you give us the download link? Many thanks!
If you think it's impossible, you have lost beforehand

vyskocil

Quote from: dlrpgmsvc on September 27, 2014, 03:27:59 PM
Wow! Magic or tragic lantern? Can you give us the download link? Many thanks!

Magic Lantern of course ! I built it from source but I suppose that nighty build should be up to date now.

1%

GD :off 23.976
2:00 MLV/Snd
2:40 MLV
4:09 Raw Rec

Both versions should have identical speeds with SRM and the same edmacs being used.

There are questions on 7D concerning edmac flags, break after xGB (this went away and returned), some irregularity in write speed on mlv, not present in raw_rec. Finally looks like we're approaching 50D continuous recording.

Danne

A sidequestion. 1percent. Are you saying mlv and rawrec should get the same rec speeds now under same settings?
I still get longer recordings with rawrec than with mlv with my 5d mark 3.

1%

no, magic/tragic record times should be the same on 7D.

Danne

thefrost

I'm trying to catch up with the 7D developments. What seems like  ages ago, I installed the 2nd alpha release. I liked the fact that everything was only temporary. Is such a setup with the latest version possible too?

Walter Schulz

With "temporary" you mean that ML won't be loaded at startup? No bootflag and ML has to be reloaded each time your cam is turned off?
If that's what you want: No, this one has gone for good.

I don't see exactly which problem this makes apart from slower reaction time at startup and leaving sleep modus.

javyelow

Very nice version!! thanks a lot!

a litle bit sad because i read dual iso in video is impossible in 7d :-( is that right?

what is the future of raw video? what features you will improve??

thanks a lot for your work, thanks thanks thanks

dpjpandone

Quote from: thefrost on September 28, 2014, 12:21:38 PM
I'm trying to catch up with the 7D developments. What seems like  ages ago, I installed the 2nd alpha release. I liked the fact that everything was only temporary. Is such a setup with the latest version possible too?

What walter is saying is that you no longer have to install ML every time you start the camera (and this is a good thing!)
If you want to disable ML, hold Q or Set when you turn the camera on.

Walter Schulz

Won't get rid of delay during startup/recovering from sleep, though.

Danialdaneshmand

Quote from: Walter Schulz on September 28, 2014, 03:15:15 PM
Won't get rid of delay during startup/recovering from sleep, though.
It's a bit annoying , although i did not miss a shot from it but still takes about 3 seconds to run up.

javyelow

Hi!

i notice now we can not use frames override in hs264 mode,

why?

i thinks is very usefull to quickly video timelapses

dpjpandone

camera locks up or crashes when fps override is used on h264 therefore disabled