Canon 7D Mark I

Started by Pelican, December 20, 2013, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ottoga

Try the following link for an up to date list of supported features on the cameras supported by ML.

http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/features.html
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

Kim

Hi,
I tried to day the August 20 build and went back to August 08. With the "August 20 build ":
- I do not see neither the MLV record nor the MLV sound menu. I re-installed twice.
- It froze my camera on "sensor cleaning" at my last attempt.

Walter Schulz

No problem here. Delete ML dir first before copying downloaded contents to card.

Kim

Thanks Walter. It works now. I had the autoexec of the previous version :-[ .

headroom

I am I in a deadlock,  can not pass the "sensorcleaning" wait for XX sec = nothing is blinking on the Red LED. Switched Firmware  back and forth with Canon 2.03 and 2.0. ML. Low level format different cards /nightly builds...

Walter Schulz

Download Canon's firmware version 2.0.3 and install it. And if 2.0.3 is already installed: Do it anyway!
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11108.msg107864#msg107864
Format card using a cardreader.
Then format card using your cam.
Follow linked instructions.
Post results.

headroom

Still all troll deadlock maybe on the correct term ist is not installing ML
CF CARD KINGSTON 32 GB 133x
First Clean Canon 2.0.3 Firmware and then with MacBoot under Mountain Lion or Mavericks, download this zip file did only "Prepare card" without any checkbox klicked--  no Info wich box need to klick on for ML Firmwire installing.

Situation: Can only Remove the Booflag but not install ML to the Body loaded Canon batt grip removed door closed...

Walter Schulz

Do as described (= Don't use MacBoot) and post results.

headroom

Done this  bevore posting  the same situation...

The camera is dead,  two minutes ago format CF in camera but ML was still there swich on nada new charged Canon Orginal nada...

After cooling down a few minutes with no Bat it is alive trie again...

Walter Schulz

Do as told, please.

Format card inside cardreader. Don't use FAT32.
Insert card into cam. Cam should startup now. Format card again inside your cam.

headroom

I can ExFAT or Free Space,  Windows NT Tuxera on my Mac
TNX for thaaa Help

Made it flat with Freespace Format in Cam in cam but I did not se it on my desktop only in the Harddisk Utilty

Walter Schulz

Sorry, I'm not able to understand your post.
I have no idea if you're telling me your status or asking a question or or or.

headroom

Hi...
I followed the instructions, 1. Format the card in  Computer, not FAT32 then 2. Format the Card in the Camera, 3. Copy ML Files into the card via Computer, put it back in cam und 4. Update ML Firmware in Camera

Now it made it so, but the is not showing on  the desktop after Step 1. + 2. it seems it is unformated
So I go to the Step 1 Card is  now on the Desktop copyed the ML Firmware into it.

4. Updated the Firmware In camera: Dialog Please switch Off your camera ( Bootflag installed) 

THEN Switched ON  Camera No ML Booting over over again...

I am in endless loop please can you help me

Walter Schulz

Quote from: headroom on August 29, 2014, 03:22:49 PM
THEN Switched ON  Camera No ML Booting over over again...

I am in endless loop please can you help me

Please clarify:
Does the camera start or will the camera get stuck during startup?

headroom

It is Starting  but still as a Canon EOS 7D :'(

Walter Schulz

headroom

Upps !!
tankyou! here we go now...
:) or

not really put back the Batterie Grip Camera does  not Switching On

Put the Grip Off, Doors on 1 x Batt only,  back to Grip On,  an now it is working !

Hip Hip Hurra!

Track

Hi guys, I'm looking to install ML. Currently my 7d has 2.0.3 (from factory) but I just read here that I should reinstall it first...anyone have a link to it?

Walter Schulz

You might want to read the first page of this thread ...

dpjpandone

Walter, lately I have watched you support several new users who can't figure out how to install magic lantern on their 7D. I just wanted to tell you that you are a really nice guy for doing this. You are very patient with everyone, even those who refuse to read or follow directions.  Thanks for being so kind and helpful to everyone here.

Walter Schulz

"I sort of enjoy the fact that I'm misunderstood most of the time. That's fine."

Billie Joe Armstrong

Trabimanuk

Hi,
first time posting.  I've got a 7D and I've heard that ML do a 7D version, but on the downloads page it doesn't have a version to download for the 7D - it only lists:
 5D Mark ii 2.1.2
 50D 1.0.9
 60D 1.1.1
 500D 1.1.1
 550D 1.0.9
 600D 1.0.2

Is there a version for the 7D, and if so, how do I get hold of it?

Many thanks  :)

Walter Schulz

You might want to read the first page of this thread, too ...

Trabimanuk

Hi,
thanks.  I wasn't sure if that was a "proper" build, as it wasn't on the downloads page.

I'll give it a go tonight.

Many thanks  :)

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Trabimanuk on September 02, 2014, 11:07:44 AM
I wasn't sure if that was a "proper" build, as it wasn't on the downloads page.

Don't know what "proper" means to you. You will find some reading about "Nightly Builds" on ML's download page.