Canon 7D Mark I

Started by Pelican, December 20, 2013, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homeros

Quote from: Walter Schulz on July 26, 2014, 09:56:51 PM
I'm not sure if your question is answered because the post you just answered wasn't intended as an answer to your post.

Oww :) I thought it was for me. I noticed a line;

"You cannot shoot full-HD (1920x1080) RAW in non-crop mode, it's a limit of the way the sensor is read"

Then I remember that document. And I thought 7D allowing only 1726 lines vertical and 1156 lines horizontal most. Is it wrong? I mean can I record 2048x820 px continuous 24p in no crop at least in theory? Or these are the limitations, top limits?

Walter Schulz

There are limits. As time of writing "uncropped" mode in 24p is limited to liveview's resolution.
Most recent development is "full resolution silent" mode but 24p is out of reach by far.

If you want Full-HD uncropped you may want try to upscale and decide if quality is sufficient for your needs.

Danialdaneshmand

I was looking at change logs and bumped into this "SRM memory: allow autofocus while allocated, but keep full shutter locked. Test on "don't click me"
i never found a useful explanation about this thing and i always taught maybe it's Voyeur Detector or something :D

a1ex

Hint: go to the SRM memory thread and type "autofocus" in the search box ;)

Danialdaneshmand

Quote from: a1ex on July 27, 2014, 05:22:55 PM
Hint: go to the SRM memory thread and type "autofocus" in the search box ;)
I did and i tried it though i have Big picture question here
The don't click me is freeing access to take pictures while recording and you're using the SRM memory solution to get this done?
i'm just a bit confused but it's nothing new since i heard about ML a year ago  :D

dpjpandone

hey guys,

after an afternoon of more testing to find the best settings for use with hdmi monitor at 1080i, I am happy to report that there is no tearing or pink frames in the recorded image when I set region to PAL so that 1920 25p becomes available in the canon Q menu. Then use fps override method "exact" to get 23.976 

This is currently the only combination of settings that allows reliable performance with hdmi monitor on ML.

Wartburg-Entertainment

Hi there,

since the last builds (28-30.07) formatting does not work in the camera.
It will delete all files except the settings-folder.

greeting

a1ex

Can you record a video of the camera screen, to show the problem?

golem

Quote from: Wartburg-Entertainment on July 30, 2014, 06:35:26 AM
since the last builds (28-30.07) formatting does not work in the camera.
It will delete all files except the settings-folder.

Hi,

same problem here with 60D - after formating, ML files are not written back to sdcard (only settings)

edit: looks like ML files are not copied before formating - sorry cant record a video

last working version is: 2014-07-25 00:15:34 +0200
Canon EOS 60D

a1ex

pSicadeLium

Hi guys,
first of all, thank you so much for all the features that Magic Lantern offer,
it's a few months that I'm using it, and always I found something new :)

This time I was trying the Digital Dolly feature,
but when I enable it ML seem to slow down, and the crop on live view it's "locked",
I can't switch from 5x to 10x, or viceversa,
and also the joystick is stuck in the live view, isn't impossible for me to move it, also if it is not in crop mode.
I need to switch off the live view end turn off the Digital dolly to "enable" the zoom and the joystick again.

Anyone have found this "issue"?

Thank you so much again,
Elia

Nosajo

Hi all,

This is my first post so do forgive me if this is in the wrong place or suchlike......But i have an issue with the audio function settings on my 7D.

I have 2.0.3 on to which the ML version - nightly.2014jul307d203 - successfully installed, so far as i can tell.
Although, the options available to me on the audio page in ML seem somewhat lacking.

I have only these options visible:

Beep, test tones
MLV Sound

I have enabled all the audio modules as far as i can tell but no further options are readily available.

Any ideas....? Is there a later or stable version available. The link i see on ML itself are dated 2012 hence my using the nightly build.

I'm genuinely excited about the prospect of shooting RAW, but it'll only work for me if the sound works too.

Here's hoping.
Thanks
N

dpjpandone

this is correct. To adjust your levels you have to enter the canon menu. The 7D nightlies do not have all the options for sound as the 5D or others. Since the preamps on all these cameras are garbage, most people just use internal sound for reference to sync with external recorder (myself included) so audio on the 7D works well enough for reference sound.

iazz

Hi everyone,

I installed Nightly2014Aug02.7D203 successfully and played around with it.  I noticed that after removing the CF card and putting it back in, the camera won't start when setting the power button to ON.  I need to remove the battery to recover from that situation.  I couldn't find anything about this issue neither in the bug reports nor in this thread, hence this post.

Anyway, great thanks for the fantastic work!

N/A

Quote from: iazz on August 07, 2014, 07:52:27 AM
Hi everyone,

I installed Nightly2014Aug02.7D203 successfully and played around with it.  I noticed that after removing the CF card and putting it back in, the camera won't start when setting the power button to ON.  I need to remove the battery to recover from that situation.  I couldn't find anything about this issue neither in the bug reports nor in this thread, hence this post.

Try some nightly builds from earlier dates and see when that bug started, and if it happens with all of them there may be another problem.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

brihan

Quote from: brihan on July 20, 2014, 08:35:20 AM
First time post. Hope it is ok to report bugs here.

I am using the 2014/July/19th Nightly build for the 7D. I have turned on "Movie Restart" in the Movie tweaks section. It works fine, but manually stopping the recording by pressing the record button isnt actually stopping recording. It seems the only way to stop the camera from continously recording is to go back into the Magic Lantern menu and toggle the "Movie Restart" setting again.

The user guide states that "Movie Restart" can be over-ridden by manually stopping recording, and this is the case with ML on my EOS-M.

Hope this gets fixed.
Thanks

Just want to bump this bug since nobody responded when I first reported it.

ansius

I can confirm the rec bug with magiclantern-Nightly.2014Aug07.7D203.zip build, did clean ML test (I did reset all the preferences to defaults) Movie restart triggers when start / stop button is pressed
Canon EOS 7D & 40D, EF-S 17-85mm IS USM, EF 28-300mm IS USM, Mir-20, Mir-1, Helios 44-5, Zenitar ME1, Industar 50-2, Industar 61L/Z-MC, Jupiter 37A, TAIR-3
http://www.ansius.lv http://ansius.500px.com

homeros

Quote from: iazz on August 07, 2014, 07:52:27 AM
Hi everyone,

After opening the card door, always wait for LED confirmation (or for 5 seconds) before removing the card!!! During that period, Canon firmware accesses the card without turning on the LED, and if you remove the card too early, the camera will freeze and will drain the battery. Exception: 550D users don't have to wait.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/install.html

pSicadeLium

Quote from: dpjpandone on August 07, 2014, 05:43:23 AM

Hi dpjpandone,
sorry for the late reply,
do you know more about the problem I've found?

Kim

Hi,
I have a simple problem. It might sound stupid but I really would appreciate your help. I am trying to make my first MLV Raw video. I use the 2014-08-08 build.
The Start/Stop button starts the recording but I can not stop it. I press it and again and nothing happens. I quit the video mode, the CF card LED remains red forever (I have a Lexar 32Gb 1066x).

Is there another way to stop recording? I don't know where to look. I searched the forum, google, youtube ... no one seem to have this issue. There is 360.1 MB for the MLV_REC.TMP file but nothing in the video folder. 

Thank you for your kind help.

N/A

Kim, what are your settings? 24 or 30 fps? Audio on or off? Does the cam freeze up or continue to record indefinitely?  List your settings under the MLV menu too.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

Kim

Thanks N/A for caring.

My settings:
On Canon menu video PAL 24 fps at the highest resolution.
On ML menu: Beep test on, SoundMLV audio on, Global draw on, Raw video MLV on at the resolution 1728x972, create directory is on. Everything else is off in other menus.

The screen is as if it still recording: it wrote prepare, then something about  creating the MLV_REC.TMP and then it seems like recording. Only the ML menu can be toggled on/off but I can not navigate in it. No other button is responding. That is a bit scary.

I tried changing a few things in the menus. This did not improve. Letting my camera record, as some point the LCD becomes black and the camera freezes.

May be I should try an older build? May be I am doing something wrong in the Canon menu? but, I have reproduced the problem five or six times. I am afraid now this will brick my camera.

Kim

I sometimes get a CRASH00.LOG created but it is empty so I can not find the issue.

If I put the Raw video "off", everything is ok. So the RAW video is not compatible with some other settings.

ocbarrio

Hi KIM!

Select 1280x720 in Canon menu, and test another MLV resolution. Compact Flash needs to write at 55MB/s for 1280x540, check it! Look at Tweaks on ML video menu, and deselect the infinite recording.

Kim

Hi Ocbarrio,

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, it did not help stopping recording (or trying to record? because there is no recorded file, just an empty folder created).

I went to the ML menu, put MLV off but that did not help. When I exited the Movie mode by putting the camera in viewfinder mode, the LED became red and the top lcd was blinking "err". I got a CRASH00.LOG file with the content:

ASSERT: !IS_ERROR( TryPostEvent( this->hTaskClass, this, EV_RESET_PSAVE_LV, NULL, 0 ) )
at LVState.c:608, task ?
lv:1 mode:2

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2014Aug08.7D203
Mercurial changeset   : 3288e152d8ae (unified) tip
Built on 2014-08-08 11:47:40 UTC by [email protected].
Free Memory  : 255K + 2554K