Canon 7D Mark I

Started by Pelican, December 20, 2013, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpjpandone

Thank You for explaining this to me. I had a feeling that if it was that simple it would have been done already.

bischofftep

Quote from: Rainmanwalking on May 29, 2014, 03:44:56 AM
I would like to make sure that when recording raw video the hdmi output is functional with the 7D?

My experimentation with that setup has been NO, it will NOT work RAW + HDMI output. There will be significant tearing of the recorded image. That said, I've been pretty aggressive with the frame sizes I'm working with, so it may be that it works at lower resolutions than what I'm trying to do. But at anything approaching 1080 it does NOT work with HDMI output. Unplug the monitor and you're fine. (Which for me, as I suspect it is for you, is a deal-breaker, sadly.)

I'm still trying to understand how to "bang on the code" to try and fix this, but alas it seems out of my skill range for now.
Douglas E. Bischoff
Audio/Video Production & Scoring

feureau

Btw, the nightly build for the 7D 2.0.3 has failed for 3 consecutive builds, does anyone know what's up with that?

Pelican

I've added the missing stubs and made a PR.
Next time if something is missing please send an email or PM to me.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

pemu

Quote from: Pelican on June 01, 2014, 01:20:36 PM
I've added the missing stubs and made a PR.
Next time if something is missing please send an email or PM to me.

Hallo iam sorry for my english, i am senior from czech republic ;-)  Please help me, where is stabil ML for 7D 2.0.3. download? I did not find, only nightly and not kompletly (dual iso...). Please send me on my email [email protected]   Thank you!

Walter Schulz

There is no stable, only nighties and Dual ISO module is included there. To find out what is covered or not, refer to
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features

Ciao
Walter

BennisHahn

I'm currently trying to jump into ML and having a problem just getting the firmware onto my camera.

My camera allows me to select the option for loading a new firmware, the firmware update screen flashes for a moment and then I just get black. Top screen still works and responds to inputs but the rest of the camera is unresponsive. I have to remove the battery to get it back to normal - once I do the camera functions fine on the standard Canon firmware.

I have never had ML on this camera. I have spent the last couple days reading what I can here but the information is so scattered around I guess I must have missed something. Anyone have any advice? And once this is installed, will I be able to record raw or do I have to install some other module separately?

Walter Schulz

You installed Canon's firmware 2.0.3: Link found in step 2?
If not: Redo

Format card in cardreader, insert into cam, format here again, reinsert into cardreader again, copy expanded nightly contents there (AUTOEXEC.BIN, ML directory, FIR-file) and reinsert into cam and run firmware update.
If it doesn't work, reset cam to factory defaults including Fn settings, switch to M, redo firmware update with ML's FIR file.

BennisHahn

Quote from: Walter Schulz on June 03, 2014, 06:39:43 PM
You installed Canon's firmware 2.0.3: Link found in step 2?
If not: Redo

Format card in cardreader, insert into cam, format here again, reinsert into cardreader again, copy expanded nightly contents there (AUTOEXEC.BIN, ML directory, FIR-file) and reinsert into cam and run firmware update.
If it doesn't work, reset cam to factory defaults including Fn settings, switch to M, redo firmware update with ML's FIR file.

Thank you Walter. Once I formatted the CF card on my computer (and not a quick format) it worked just fine.

Rainmanwalking

Quote from: ted ramasola on March 21, 2014, 07:09:28 AM
Testing Mar 18 Nightly.

At 1728x 972 I notice the image would tear when there is HDMI monitor attached. With no HDMI attached the image is ok.

Link to a sample frame with tearing.
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t31.0-8/1115948_454560808008042_1036050560_o.jpg

Have these issues been resolved?   

bischofftep

Douglas E. Bischoff
Audio/Video Production & Scoring

pemu

Quote from: Pelican on December 20, 2013, 02:57:02 PM
Thank you!

Installation:
1) Format the card from the camera.
2) Make sure you are running Canon firmware 2.0.3.
3) Copy ML files on the card and run Firmware Update.

Uninstallation:
1) Run Firmware Update from your ML card.
2) Follow the instructions.

Hallo iam sorry for my english, i am senior from czech republic ;-)  Please help me, where is stabil ML for 7D 2.0.3. download??? I did not find, only nightly and it is not kompletly (dual iso...).   Thank you! pemu

I tried re-installing and the same: dual iso - will load (?)

ted ramasola

Quote from: Walter Schulz on June 03, 2014, 06:20:04 PM
There is no stable, only nighties and Dual ISO module is included there. To find out what is covered or not, refer to
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features

Ciao
Walter
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Rainmanwalking

Ted,  On your website you say that it's possible to record at 3X Crop mode
up to 2048 x 930 at 23.976fps.  Your video "Textures of Winter" which is superb was recorded in that format as well.    I don't have that option, I can only record at 29.99 fps.  I'm using the June 1 nightly on my new Lexar 32gb 1066x card.  What am I missing?   

ted ramasola

Rainmanwalking,

It was done using features only found in TL which is not yet ported back into ML nightlies.

vyskocil, already submitted a pull request as stated here;
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9848.msg116516#msg116516

hopefully it will be reviewed and ported into ML soon.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Rainmanwalking

I see..... I can shoot at 1920x872 30fps continuous and it looks great.  Would just rather save the frames and shoot at 24fps.  I'll try to get some video posted soon.  I'm converting using raw2dng opening in  Lightroom Making adjustment as needed and than exporting to tiff's and pulling into Vegas.  I'm than using Magic Lantern to color grade.    Any suggestions?   

onlypapai

Hi, I am new to the forum. I am a 600D user. I want to upgrade to 7D only for ML RAW. Since 5D Mark iii is too expensive I have the only choice of 7D. Can anyone say at what maximum resolution 7D can shoot continuous RAW with a LEXAR 1000X CF?

arrinkiiii

Yes, would be nice if someone have the time to review the pull request.  Hope soon we can have FPS override  in the 7D =))

Rainmanwalking

Quote from: onlypapai on June 04, 2014, 05:44:40 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum. I am a 600D user. I want to upgrade to 7D only for ML RAW. Since 5D Mark iii is too expensive I have the only choice of 7D. Can anyone say at what maximum resolution 7D can shoot continuous RAW with a LEXAR 1000X CF?

I would start at 1920x872 in crop mode.  In standard mode I was shooting at 1600x900 with similar card with no problems.  You might get a step better than that.   

blackjack102

Quote from: onlypapai on June 04, 2014, 05:44:40 PM

Maybe you would want to wait for 7D mark II. Many developers don't like to work on 7D.

Braga

Making Magic 550D
EFP/ENG Photog/Editor

onlypapai

Thank you all for your replies.

handbanana

The 50D does close to 1600 x 900 and it upscales really well. The 7D does a bit higher resolution but it doesn't seem as stable, although I've been debating getting one if the resolution makes any noticeable difference in quality.

vyskocil

The 7D has "5x" (about 3x) crop mode which is essentially free of aliasing artifacts and can reach fullHD resolution and above (not necessarily continuously...), I don't know if 50D also has this feature ?