Canon EOS M

Started by jordancolburn, December 30, 2013, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerrykil

Quote from: a1ex on July 28, 2014, 08:56:10 AM
Find out Canon values for this custom function, as returned by cfn_get_af_button_assignment(), then I'll tell you which one to use.
thx for the reply a1ex. so cfn_get_af_button_assignment() is returning appropriate values from the C.Fn menu. Here is a screenie from the menu:

consts.h for af_disable is 2 right now, which does not disable it.
Is there any way to shoot in continuous mode to get handheld bracketing to be a possibility?

dpeete

Sorry for the noob post, but the forum search isn't helping due to minimum search term length constraints and Googling my questions only yields install videos. I have ML running, and I am stumbling through the menus with some luck setting up the intervalometer, which was my primary case. But I could use a bit of help getting to standard aperture and shutter speed settings because I can't seem to do this well from the ML Live View screen.

What is the Q button equivalent for our camera?

Is there an EOS M specific user guide out there?

Any guidance on standard photo shooting so I can quickly make aperture and shutter adjustments from the ML Live View screens?

Is there a better place to post noob questions? (This 14 page thread has so much info, much of it out of date, it really isn't terribly helpful for "getting started" noobs to start on page 1 and read through).

Thanks!

Doug

leicatill

I tried all, but no success. With all Canon lenses ML works perfect, but not with the Tamron E-M 18-200mm. After turning on the camera I had the shutter bug. Then I twisted the lens off, wihout turning the camera off and twisted the lens on and it works. After turning the camera off and on again I had the shutter bug again.

Walter Schulz

Yes, that's why it's called a bug. Use the workaround you described.

tomlai

On the EOS-M, when using HDMI output on an external while shooting, I notice two things.

A) Focus peaks are shifted half a screen upwards

B) Touch screen is disabled ---- so basic camera controls are gone . how to change focus point, access to "Q" etc

Are my observations correct or am missing something here?

--------------------------------------------------
Also how do we access the touch camera functions while in ML mode (direct camera screen and when using the HDMI output)???

jerrykil

another question for the developers.
I noticed PROP_AEB sets the range of EV's taken with built-in HDR. The max value was 10, has anyone tried to set PROP_AEB to get a greater EV spread (> +/- 2 EV)?
Thanks dudes

edit: tried to set PROP_AEB past 16 and it gave me an error sayin it wasnts 2 bytes, oh well...

johangx

whenever I try to burn me video ML raw red dots appear on the images someone been the same

http://es.zimagez.com/zimage/capturadepantalla2014-08-12alas125742.php

tweak

Access to ML menu whilst using an external screen can be done by holding down the Trash Can button for 3 seconds. I usually set my camera up well before plugging it into a screen, but if I need to do anything it's usually only changing shutter speed and iso and this is quite easy to do by simply holding down the trash can button then going into the shortened ML menu (the one you get to if you press the Menu button after holding down the trash can). I'm not sure what other controls you would really need to use quickly on a shoot that aren't easy to get to.

jpaana

Quote from: johangx on August 12, 2014, 07:40:14 PM
whenever I try to burn me video ML raw red dots appear on the images someone been the same

http://es.zimagez.com/zimage/capturadepantalla2014-08-12alas125742.php

These are the "Pink Dots" aka AF pixels that are on the sensors, similar to what 650D and 700D have. There are ways to remove them, search for PinkDotRemover or use chroma smoothing options to mlv_dump (-cs2x2 or 3x3) or similar option in the converter you use.

tweak

Really stoked with the progress so far of ML on the EOSm. I've been using the latest nightlys as they release and I'm never really having a problem with anything I do, really stoked with it!

One question I do have however as I start to muck around a bit more with RAW is this:
What is the easiest way to remove the Pink Dots from MLV footage on Mac OS??? The fact that MLV now records audio on the M is amazing, but I can't for the life of me find information on a simple process (or any) to remove these pink dots from MLV on Mac OS.

Please help me internet gurus!

tweak

To add further to what I'm asking, I am aware of PDR for RAW files but what I want to know if there's something that can do this directly for MLV? It would be awesome if it was integrated into MLRawViewer somehow... surely there's someone who can do that :D .

vixnadi

Hi everyone.

I don't know if this is good place for my problem but I will try...

I tried latest nightly build for eos m and I noticed that shutter locks. I can only check focus on half pressed button and nothing happens when full pressed.

On card without ML all works good.

I tried full reset camera and ML configuration and nothing helps.

Has anyone the same problem? Maybe any solution?

Thanks in advance.

Walter Schulz

Do a search for
Shutter bug twist lens
and try the workaround

vixnadi

Working. Thanks!

But I made some test with different SD cards and I must say is important which one is used...

I have 3 card to test. All of them low level format from canon menu.

1st. Old SanDisk 2GB class 2. ML installed and I'm not noticed any problem with shutter even after longer fun.

2nd. New SanDisk SDHC 8GB class 10. On this card shutter is locked from first use. Helps twist lens but only to power off. Next start camera and shutter is locked again.

3rd. GoodRam microSD with adapter 8GB class 4. This card the same as first works without any problem with shutter even after longer play.

All of them tested in the same way. Always low level format. 2nd card even performed full format from windows, next low level from canon camera and always shutter is locked from firs usage.

Maybe this helps to improve next release.

Walter Schulz

Sounds strange to me. You're sure you didn't change lenses during this test? Which lens was used?

vixnadi

No, lens not touched during test. I have only 18-55mm.

Walter Schulz

Thanks for your input!
Curious about what the devs have to say about this odd thing.

Ciao
Walter

leicatill

Hello,
I tried a lot of cards and I think, it works only with file-system FAT, not with FAT32 or exFAT. I formated a 4GB class4 micro SDHC card on the PC with file-system FAT, copy the file and then installed ML and all works fine including the lens Tamron E-M 18-200 VC.

leicatill

PS.:
by using the tamron E-M 18-200mm, after opening the battery door, you need to twist the lens, but only one time. you can turn the camara on or off and all works till you open the battery door. With Canon lenses are no limits.

vixnadi

I think it is not valid all time. I have two 8GB cards and both FAT32. 1st works but second not...

cpreston

I've been wondering and have been meaning to test it out, but it I haven't had the bug show up in awhile.  Has anybody tried changing the camera menu to allow shutter release without a lens attached to see if it fixes the issue?

leicatill

I tried changing the camera menu to allow shutter release without a lens attached an there was no difference. I only have the problems with the the Tamron lens E-M 18-200mm and ML, All Canon EF-M lenses works finewith ML.

vixnadi

I played another few days with 8GB SD class 4 and no any shutter lock... I'm really interested what developer says for this problem...

And I found intervalometer bug. If used MAKE PICTURE for start the last picture made by intervalometer activates next intervalometer loop. Camera makes photos infinity...

a1ex

Quote from: jerrykil on August 09, 2014, 07:18:09 PM
Is there any way to shoot in continuous mode to get handheld bracketing to be a possibility?

Greg did some research here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8535.0
but I could only get it working on 500D. I should probably revisit it, since others also confirmed it on 550D and 600D.

Another way would be with the full-res silent pictures, once we figure out how to use the rolling shutter.

edit: tried to set PROP_AEB past 16 and it gave me an error sayin it wasnts 2 bytes, oh well...

ML will refuse to change a property if its length does not match the length reported by Canon firmware. If a property is known to have different lengths on different cameras, but if the code is generic enough to cover all cases (usually the data buffer being large enough), you can pass 0 to use the autodetected length.

And I found intervalometer bug. If used MAKE PICTURE for start the last picture made by intervalometer activates next intervalometer loop. Camera makes photos infinity...

Just tried it on 5D2 and 5D3 and it works fine; probably a camera-specific quirk. Report it to the issue tracker, with a video showing the problem.

arcadio

Hi Im new here, but I read whole 14pages. So also I hawe shutter bug with EOS-M +18-55 STM. But fast on/off solve this. I bought the camera at shop and I already have firmware 2.0.2 in it. I tried 2 different cards, but bug still here. maybe it will help.

But my question: did Nightly support ghost images? or is there some other module which help to create panoramas? sorry for maybe dumb question.