Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taynkbot

Maybe one of you would be kind enough to enlighten me on a problem I'm having. I can't use the set + scroll dial command, the set + erase in playback, actually none of the arrow hotkeys work for me. So what do you think my problem is? Are the features not yet added, or do I need to do something to fix it?

Also, I don't know if you guys want ideas, but I'll throw mine out there and you can take it or leave it. Would it be possible to add to the FPS Override, increasing the setting to allow a frame rate such as 128 but at a loss of resolution, possible 640X480? If you COULD add it, I would really benefit from it, if not, I'd love to understand what would prevent a mod like that.

Magic Lantern is absolutely delightful and it's been a deep pleasure exploring. I absolutely respect all of your creativity and ingenuity in writing this awesome program.  Have a fantastic week, guys!

Felipe

Quote from: brewerrj on December 04, 2013, 04:40:22 AM
my 32gb cards work fine, no different then 8 or 16.. i believe the trouble starts at 64gb!
Thank you so will buy 32x2
650D-700D

spider

Jokemeister

Except all your eggs are in one basket. Aside from that, make sure you consider the read/write speeds of the card as not all class 10 cards anything near equal. I use Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB which are 95MB/s. Using a half decent card reader on a USB3 port I get read speeds around 75MB/s sustained. Bought a second one recently.

papkee

Quote from: Taynkbot on December 04, 2013, 06:24:44 AM
Also, I don't know if you guys want ideas, but I'll throw mine out there and you can take it or leave it. Would it be possible to add to the FPS Override, increasing the setting to allow a frame rate such as 128 but at a loss of resolution, possible 640X480? If you COULD add it, I would really benefit from it, if not, I'd love to understand what would prevent a mod like that.

If I recall it's because the sensor itself is limited to 60fps max. There've been plenty of requests for this over the years, but I'm pretty sure it's a hardware limitation.
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

red5446

-activate crop mode
-change to picture mode
-it blocks and doesn´t shot
solution: turn off and on the camera.

demetrisag

MLV video is much slower than RAW.

Is it how its suppose to be or its something that will get better with time?

michel

It's been some time since I checked the ML status for the EOS650D and it looks like a lot of progress in the mean time...

However, I'm still missing ETTR?

I've searched this forum post for ETTR, and some posts suggest it should be there. I've tried the latest nightly build from the official ML site, and also tried Satriani's build (as that was suggested in this forum), but in neither I can find ETTR.

Is this not supported on the EOS650D and if not; has this been scrapped for good or is there a good chance it will be coming still?

Thanks, and apologies if I am missing something obvious...

Walter Schulz

lucawen

Guys, you can use the DSLR Controller ML in the 650D? Any app for android ML? I need to have my tablet rooted?
650D + 18-55mm ( KIT ) + 70-300mm Sigma + 70-200 Canon IS II

Philnick

I keep seeing that "ML audio features are not yet working" on the 650D, but never any mention of whether that means ML RAW videos are completely silent or just that they use the standard Canon audio features.

I'd experiment with ML if the Canon audio works in ML RAW video, but it would be a much harder decision if not.

By the way, the site listed at the top of this thread to grab EOSCard is totally unresponsive - at least last night and today. It just times out.

Walter Schulz

_DK_

Quote from: lucawen on December 18, 2013, 06:53:11 PM
Guys, you can use the DSLR Controller ML in the 650D? Any app for android ML? I need to have my tablet rooted?

First of all you won't need root.
I think it depends on what kind of tablet you have. On my x86 device it just won't do anything. However on my ARM based device it sometimes does actually work, but that is a very rare case.
Most of the time it just gives me an error message "No ML found".
I guess if you only have a x86 device you can still emulate it, to get it working. But all in all I think the problem is more likely the 650D, than the device itself.

If I am allowed to make a suggestion here: use Helicon Remote ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.HeliconSoft.HeliconRemote2&hl ), it works on ARM and x86 based phones and tablets and does not depend on ML at all. Some Apps that are not free maybe offer even better service, but I have never tried them, since this is enough for me.
EOS 650D, 17-50 2.8, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 70-300mm
Sorry if my English is a little bad as I am not a native speaker

Frendo

Hi Guys is the problem with the Pink Dots still exists?
54V3 Y0UR 5377!NG5

lucawen

Quote from: _DK_ on December 19, 2013, 05:17:50 PM
First of all you won't need root.
I think it depends on what kind of tablet you have. On my x86 device it just won't do anything. However on my ARM based device it sometimes does actually work, but that is a very rare case.
Most of the time it just gives me an error message "No ML found".
I guess if you only have a x86 device you can still emulate it, to get it working. But all in all I think the problem is more likely the 650D, than the device itself.

If I am allowed to make a suggestion here: use Helicon Remote ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.HeliconSoft.HeliconRemote2&hl ), it works on ARM and x86 based phones and tablets and does not depend on ML at all. Some Apps that are not free maybe offer even better service, but I have never tried them, since this is enough for me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 "and I did root, used all the apps you have on the market and none of them identified my 650D ... Is it the usb cable? For the computer recognizes the camera using the same cable. ..

Philnick

Quote from: Philnick on December 18, 2013, 09:09:32 PM
I keep seeing that "ML audio features are not yet working" on the 650D, but never any mention of whether that means ML RAW videos are completely silent or just that they use the standard Canon audio features.

Would someone who is using ML on a 650D/T4i please answer this question?

a1ex

The answer is in bold, on the very first topic that you should read before shooting raw: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5520

and the forum rules are here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=934

jaegersing

Quote from: lucawen on December 20, 2013, 03:19:14 PM
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 "and I did root, used all the apps you have on the market and none of them identified my 650D ... Is it the usb cable? For the computer recognizes the camera using the same cable. ..

My Samsung Galaxy 8.9 works fine with 650D (ML V2.3) using DSLR Controller.

Richard

Createch

Hi everyone, recently i  have  bought canon 650d. I have found out about the release of Magic lantern Status:alpha for this model of dslr .I have heard many positive feedback about this software However i have few questions in relation to the alpha version.Is this version completely safe to install on my dslr?
Do all the original canon settings stay as they are ? like for example all the touchscreens capabilities like changing the exposure settings by touching the screen ?I just though its very fast and comfortable .I have heard that not everything works in the alpha version like all the audio features? Does that mean i wont be able to see the audio levels while recording sound? What else does not work and is it worth to install this version with missing features or is it better to white for a stabilize release 

Thank everyone waiting for response !

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Createch on December 21, 2013, 03:47:08 PMIs this version completely safe to install on my dslr?

No. http://www.magiclantern.fm/faq.html#q5
And this is meant for "stable" version and ML for 650D has some steps to do to achieve this status. Now it's alpha.

Quote from: Createch on December 21, 2013, 03:47:08 PMDo all the original canon settings stay as they are?

Yes.

Quote from: Createch on December 21, 2013, 03:47:08 PMDoes that mean i wont be able to see the audio levels while recording sound?

No, as of today *no* ML related audio function will work. If you're shooting h.264 (= Canon's video implemantion), you have ... see answer above.
Read http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7473.0

Please read F.A.Q. and some 650D-related threads. If you have questions not already addressed you may ask again.

Ciao
Walter

Frendo

Hello,i have 2 Questions.

1.How can I shoot myself with exactly to Focus to my eyes (Portrait). Wich Settings can i use? As example work Follow Focus or Rack Focus ?

2.Is the Problem with the Pink Dots still exists?
54V3 Y0UR 5377!NG5

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Frendo on December 21, 2013, 05:11:00 PM1.How can I shoot myself with exactly to Focus to my eyes (Portrait). Wich Settings can i use? As example work Follow Focus or Rack Focus ?

I prefer none of them. Liveview, turn the monitor to the front, focus manually with 10x enabled.

Quote from: Frendo on December 21, 2013, 05:11:00 PM2.Is the Problem with the Pink Dots still exists?

Yes.

_DK_

Quote from: lucawen on December 20, 2013, 03:19:14 PM

Well, I can use it on all my unrooted Android 4.0+ devices. (HTC One X+, Nextwolf 7, Asus Memopad FHD 10 the one with the x86 cpu). Root does not change that (checked it).
Only for the ones that don't support OTG Host, you will need root, to "unlock" the USB host function.
Maybe you should try it on a different device? If This does not work, it might be your cable. I use the original cable that came with the Camera, and a 4€ OTG host cable from Amazon.
Maybe there is even something messed up with the host function, if you use custom roms and different kernels.

However I still wonder why the ML app does not recognize the 650D. Maybe it has something to do with the 650D beeing in a alpha state. Or simply you need to adjust the App. I don't know for sure...
I am not even sure who develops the ML app.

@Frendo:
1: Are you talking about pictures? Flip the touchscreen and touch your eyes to focus. That should be all you need.
2: Yes, but you can easily remove it, with a few simple steps.
EOS 650D, 17-50 2.8, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 70-300mm
Sorry if my English is a little bad as I am not a native speaker

Frendo

@_DK_

Hi DK

1: Are you talking about pictures? Flip the touchscreen and touch your eyes to focus. That should be all you need.
2: Yes, but you can easily remove it, with a few simple steps.

1.Yes i talk about Picutres and  Videos.When i flip the Touchscreen,and touch the the Focus to my eyes,and when i walk back,do u think its works???U know the best Pictures is when u focus your eyes :-)

2.u mean Pinkdotremover right? http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6658.0
54V3 Y0UR 5377!NG5

lucawen

i buy the TL router for use the DSLR Controller via Wifi, and WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's possible to use 1080p in 60Fps in 650D?