Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spider

lucawen

I'm Brazilian! Why do you think I did the English translation manually?
650D + 18-55mm ( KIT ) + 70-300mm Sigma + 70-200 Canon IS II

FredBiddulph

Hello.

I am on an Apple iMac and I've just read what I need to do to put ML on my camera SD card.

I'm sorry but I am totally lost. It started when I tried to read words I had trouble understanding.

I do want to try ML on my Canon 650D but should I wait or do I need a bigger brain for any of it?
Canon 650D, Canon EF-S 18-135mm STM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8.

roxtaz

Actually it's quite safe and simple. I was in your position too ... but I'm very happy now and my money are spent well (on 650D). Just follow the steps in nanomad's post http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7473.0 ... but be carefully with MacBoot (http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/macboot/macboot.html) ... there's a OSX Mountain Lion version you maybe take in consideration if your OS is OS X Mountain Lion or OS X Mavericks. Everything else is very well explained.
Good luck!
650D / 18-55mm kit lens

FredBiddulph

...but be careful with MacBook... there you go, put the jeepers up me right away.

I will read everything and digest it all and see where I get to. I can always come back here which I have and thank you.

Will let you know how I progress, I'm sure others, I can't be the only one scared speechless, will be interested in my endeavours.
Canon 650D, Canon EF-S 18-135mm STM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8.

Roger2004

Hi everybody,
i'm having problems installing this build for my 650D.
I used to have a 550d and i installed magic lantern fine.

I followed the first post's intructions,
but downloaded the latest file :
magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Nov08.650D104

The camera says there must be some upgrade file to work,
when i try to launch the ML install.

Also, when i ran EOScard on Windows, everything was unchecked, i tried several times to low level format, reset my camera preferences (btw what's strange is that the custom menu is still here with what i had customed though) and put again ml zip file's contents on the card, but nothing works. I upgraded to 1.0.4 and followed the instructions. Any ideas ?

spider

Do exacty the steps from the first post.
Including the linked ML installer build.

lucawen

Quote from: spider on November 08, 2013, 11:14:28 PM
Do exacty the steps from the first post.
Including the linked ML installer build.

follow the steps in my tutorial and you will be able to install smoothly.

Breckin98

Hey,
Im having trouble with the RAW function on my canon 650d. When I record the raw on the camera it looks fine on the screen then when I take it in post i will convert it to a DNG and bring it up in after effects, then it will have a pattern of blue dots in the centern of the screen. Any thoughts to get them to go away. Thanks.

ps, It looks perfect on the h.264 format.

lucawen

Roger2004

Thanks Spider & Lucawen, i just installed the version from the first post and then replaced for the latest. That was the problem. So i'm back with ML, i love movie crop mode !
Thanks again !

lucawen

Quote from: Roger2004 on November 09, 2013, 02:08:43 PM
Thanks Spider & Lucawen, i just installed the version from the first post and then replaced for the latest. That was the problem. So i'm back with ML, i love movie crop mode !
Thanks again !

Anytime! Any problem just ask.

lucawen

Test raw 650D.

Edited whit
- Levels
- Curves
- Magic Bullet Colorista
- Magic Bullet Mojo

The purpose of this video is to show the potential. Editing RAW after being a movie, music video, short, etc. ...

blade

No .RAW,
no after effects,
No levels or color balancing
no nothing...

Just EOS 650D ...  2 clips into final cut, synchronized and cut...  exported..  done...   :D

eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

papkee

Has anyone been successful at getting good-looking Dual ISO videos with the 650D? The tools can't seem to manage both removing the pink dots and merging the lines without one interfering with the other.

That being said, ML has been working great on my 650D and it's been a vital tool with my client work.
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

Roger2004

Papkee, your signature isn't correctly put...
;)

renndermonkey

Hey,

I've got a 650D with ML i'm using on an aerial video rig. I'm using the AV out (mini usb to rca with the AVC-DC400 cable) for my wireless video monitor. Everything works nicely until the image starts getting over exposed, then the video feed fuzzes out and acts strange. 

I saw this thread (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2003.msg7258#msg7258) with a possible solution for the 550D, but 650D has no audio monitoring yet.

I don't need to record/monitor audio at all, but I do need a fully functioning video signal. Any suggestions?

jaegersing

Quote from: renndermonkey on November 18, 2013, 12:19:36 AM
Hey,

I've got a 650D with ML i'm using on an aerial video rig. I'm using the AV out (mini usb to rca with the AVC-DC400 cable) for my wireless video monitor. Everything works nicely until the image starts getting over exposed, then the video feed fuzzes out and acts strange. 

I saw this thread (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2003.msg7258#msg7258) with a possible solution for the 550D, but 650D has no audio monitoring yet.

I don't need to record/monitor audio at all, but I do need a fully functioning video signal. Any suggestions?

I've been trying to use the 650D HDMI signal out on an external monitor, but when I select the ML display on the cam (e.g. for focus assist) the bottom half of the screen is covered with noise. I would also be interested in any suggestions to improve this.

Richard

saha007

Friend, you can make Russian version? I can do the translation, but don `t know how to insert them in ml.
I use T4i/650D and 600D (ML) for the video, I Wedding operator!
My Site - http://harodeii.wix.com/profilm

Midas

It would be really nice to see the beta for the 650D.

Been watching this thread for months now and for me the Audio page is the one thing I really need.

It definitely has slowed down round here!  I'm not complaining as it's amazing what we do have... Just would like to see the Beta before everyone moves on to the latest Camera!

M

saha007

I really want to help with the translation, just tell me how! Friends of Russia will all be grateful!
I use T4i/650D and 600D (ML) for the video, I Wedding operator!
My Site - http://harodeii.wix.com/profilm

Walter Schulz

kmcray

Quote from: Greg on November 23, 2013, 04:50:25 PM
Can someone check on the 650D/700D? - http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8535.msg88928#msg88928
Greg and I tested it, it didn't work as planned, but we will keep trying to see if we can get this feature to work.