Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acme

Attention Mac users - can someone please tell me what selections I'm supposed to make with Macboot? Most of the instructions here speak of making the card non-bootable with the Windows utility only.

Thanks!

ClearlyRobert

I have been following this thread and it's previous one for months...so I am embarrassed to ask how I find the latest stable version of the Alpha?  I have been enjoying the original version that I originally downloaded from Page 1 of the thread... but assume there is probably a better, more stable version that I could use instead of the August files.  If so, the link would be appreciated!

blade

Quote from: ClearlyRobert on November 27, 2013, 08:52:11 PM
I have been following this thread and it's previous one for months...so I am embarrassed to ask how I find the latest stable version of the Alpha?  I have been enjoying the original version that I originally downloaded from Page 1 of the thread... but assume there is probably a better, more stable version that I could use instead of the August files.  If so, the link would be appreciated!

Top of the page: downloads
http://www.magiclantern.fm/downloads.html

Scroll down to the orange button "browse nighly builds"

http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

From drop down select 650d.104

Green download button..  e presto! 
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

ClearlyRobert

Many thanks, blade!  I will assume that the latest is at least as stable as the first alpha version....thanks to everyone for all your contributions to ML for the 650D!

Robert

xnav

Hello everybody!
First of all thank you verry much for this hard and great work!
But i still have a Probleme when i try to intall magic lantern in my eos650D from my mac! everything is doing good until i have to use it!
when i go in video mode for example i press the trash button i have all ML menu (with the exposition bar blinking down??) and after that i press Trash button againe and i go back to the normal Canon view? is that normal ? on all the video i saw people have ML live view?
what i do wrong?

Thank you for your support

Walter Schulz

Quote from: xnav on November 27, 2013, 10:39:32 PMwhen i go in video mode for example i press the trash button i have all ML menu (with the exposition bar blinking down??) and after that i press Trash button againe and i go back to the normal Canon view? is that normal ?
Yes.

Quote from: xnav on November 27, 2013, 10:39:32 PMon all the video i saw people have ML live view?
Example?

Ciao
Walter

xnav

thank you walter you are fast!

Like here in this video you can see it's not the canon live view we see? right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV41kV_iSNg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbu7VWXjt60

here it's not a 650D but the view have to be the same?
http://vimeo.com/74376376

i have the same menu but not the view?

help me i'm a bit lost!

xnav

I'M sorry!
i just see now that i have to press info button to have this view!!!

I'M so sorry!!

Thank's again for your support!

dngrhm

Quote from: acme on November 27, 2013, 04:40:33 PM
Attention Mac users - can someone please tell me what selections I'm supposed to make with Macboot? Most of the instructions here speak of making the card non-bootable with the Windows utility only.

If I remember correctly, I have only checked "Make DSLR-bootable" when using MacBoot to set the bootflag on an SD card.  Make sure you use macboot.command if you are on Lion or later as the java app must have root permissions to change the SD card as it needs to.
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

acme

@dngrhm thanks much I'll give it a go today.  8)

blade

Quote from: ClearlyRobert on November 27, 2013, 09:23:39 PM
Many thanks, blade!  I will assume that the latest is at least as stable as the first alpha version....thanks to everyone for all your contributions to ML for the 650D!

Robert

In my experience all ML versions are stable, however, it is a development snapshot, so bugs may be present. You can always go back to a previous version! 

Midas

Love ML

Does anyone know if Audio Functions will ever be available or if anybody is working on the development of this?

Thanks

M

bifuteki

Hey guys long time reader, been using my 650d for broadcasting reasons. Just wondering is there a way to stop my T4I's LiveView to stop closing? Also is there a way for me to set the HDMI out put to be a 16:9 image with out the black bars.

Nautilus

Quote from: Midas on November 29, 2013, 05:03:03 PM
Love ML

Does anyone know if Audio Functions will ever be available or if anybody is working on the development of this?

Thanks

M

Hey mate,

Same question asked here many times by me but devs apparently don't like such questions and categorize them as "troll questions". So they just can't give us a time frame on anything since this isn't a job for them but a hobby. You just have wait and hope one day they fix it.

I visit here and check nightly builds everyday, hoping to find something new. I suggest you the same.

http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

Midas

Yeah.. I was quite careful not to say where is it but just... is anyone working on it.

I also started my post "Love ML" so as not to look like a troll!

I have no idea how difficult it is to implement such a thing but would love to have it!

I teach media to young people and ML has been fantastic for them too! ;D

SMSabir

Dear Friends!

I want to ask about the current status of the ML for 650D/T4i, is it stable enough to be used for professional work?

Also is the Audio option is now working?

Thanks and sincere regards.

dngrhm

Quote from: bifuteki on November 30, 2013, 02:24:19 AM
Hey guys long time reader, been using my 650d for broadcasting reasons. Just wondering is there a way to stop my T4I's LiveView to stop closing? Also is there a way for me to set the HDMI out put to be a 16:9 image with out the black bars.
There is a setting in the Canon Menu.  It is something like Auto-off.  After a period of inactivity, the camera turns off.  There is an option for the setting for never shut off.  Hopefully that is what you mean by "stop closing".

I don't use the HDMI out. Maybe someone else can help you with that.
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8

dngrhm

Quote from: Midas on December 02, 2013, 02:07:39 AM
Yeah.. I was quite careful not to say where is it but just... is anyone working on it.

I also started my post "Love ML" so as not to look like a troll!

I have no idea how difficult it is to implement such a thing but would love to have it!

I teach media to young people and ML has been fantastic for them too! ;D
I would say "Is somebody working on feature X?" is much better question than the typical question of "When will feature X be done?"  The first is a simple yes or no.  The second asks for an estimation and (to some level) a commitment.

blade

As canon already implemented Some audio features, inwould say that is verry low priority. Aldo you are always Welkom to implement something yourself.

It would oldo be nice if you can be more specific as to what is missing now

demetrisag

Quote from: blade on December 02, 2013, 07:27:14 PM
As canon already implemented Some audio features, inwould say that is verry low priority. Aldo you are always Welkom to implement something yourself.

It would oldo be nice if you can be more specific as to what is missing now

A little bit off subject here but hey..!

I always found it quite hypocritical (no personal offence  to you, blade) to "welcome" people to work on some feutures they like to have. I mean, if they even knew the littlest thing on how do it they would probably work on it already. People asking are usually people who not only dont have any idea on programming but maybe even sometimes dont have any idea on the backround of the stuff they are requesting.  On the other hand I know it can serve as purpose to remind people that this is done by non other than us. Anyway just blubbing on, had some beers and cant keep my mouth shut.  :)

Felipe

ML is Great Super stable, video to models with total confidence. In fact the only audio feature I'll love to have is meters while recording , that will be very christmas
8) :P :-*
650D-700D

brewerrj

Quote from: Felipe on December 02, 2013, 10:20:15 PM
ML is Great Super stable, video to models with total confidence. In fact the only audio feature I'll love to have is meters while recording , that will be very christmas
8) :P :-*

Yes a graphical display of the recorded volume or audio output trough USB as on the 550D would be the last features I would love to have.

Nautilus

Quote from: brewerrj on December 03, 2013, 02:01:55 PM
Yes a graphical display of the recorded volume or audio output trough USB as on the 550D would be the last features I would love to have.

A fix for a flickering Magic Zoom would be awesome. It says only solution is to hardlock the UI. But i yet find out how to do that. And it flickers so bad.
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

Felipe

I've always use 16 and 8 GB SDHC Panasonic class 10 gold cards with ML , and works great however I'm considering using 32 gb cards,
and wonder if 32 gb cards could show any issues compared to 16gb or 8gb card .  Thank you in advance to any one with experience on this topic 
650D-700D

brewerrj

Quote from: Felipe on December 04, 2013, 03:26:41 AM
I've always use 16 and 8 GB SDHC Panasonic class 10 gold cards with ML , and works great however I'm considering using 32 gb cards,
and wonder if 32 gb cards could show any issues compared to 16gb or 8gb card .  Thank you in advance to any one with experience on this topic

my 32gb cards work fine, no different then 8 or 16.. i believe the trouble starts at 64gb!