Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Yes, will test some more. Seems CR2 won,t convert but dng dual iso files will. Gonna test the script line again. Let me get back to you.

kichetof

Try to combine exec with xargs
exec 'xargs %s%s....'

If I find some extra times this evening, I'll try to find the best way!

Danne

Awesomeness!
It worked with dng dual iso files! Fast running spitting out files.
Gonna test some CR2 files. It won,t convert at the moment.

It worked with original command without exec suggestion above.

*Wait a minute. Seems its only copying stuff. Still the lines showing. Needs some more investigating.

Danne

Actually. Started fresh and got it all working as in the beginning. Then added the xarg command and they now convert. Will do a rerun to see if it,s really multithreading.
I renamed the plugin taking aways spaces cr2hdr 3.lrplugin to cr2hdr3.lrplugin

kichetof

I like what you said  8)
Could you paste your final edit when all works fine! Or better, send a PR on bitbucket! I have limited access on my Mac at home (very busy :()

Danne

glubber

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 04, 2015, 02:42:26 PM

Left column (Presets) in export dialog: No Magic Lantern, no Dual ISO Converter entry.

Can provide english menu, too.

The same happened to me too (LR 5.6 german, Win7) after installing V3.Beta3.
BUT after hitting "Export" in Export-dialog (window above) a preset for DualIso-Export was created, including an entry in context menu.
So all works fine now. But i guess there shouls be a preset right after installing a plugin in LR.
I have no LR at hands right now, so i can't show a screenshot.
EOS 550D // Sigma 18-200 // Sigma 18-70 // Canon 10-18 STM

Walter Schulz

Thanks for the tip but it isn't working for my environment.

kichetof

It's a bug very very strange!
I've read a lot of other LR plugin and everything looks similar in the conception.
Still waiting for adobe support... I've some trouble to connect to forums.adobe.com ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Maybe it's come from the presets lrtemplate or maybe from the LrToolkitIdentifier, I don't know :(

If you want to try, try in a new LR Catalog:
be patient

I identified the problem ... if you disable builtnPresetsDir (Info.lua), the plugin doesn't appear in the list of exports available, so you have to investigate this side!

kichetof

@Windows users

I need you!

Please try this plugin and let me know!

Walter Schulz

If it is supposed to fix menu problem: No success.

kichetof

... arrg ! It fixes on my Windows when I've the bug... sh*t !
Could you try to enable / disable / enable and reload the plugin in plugin management ?

Walter Schulz

Tested with Win 7 and 8: Error still there.

nicsut

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 05, 2015, 12:38:00 PM
Tested with Win 7 and 8: Error still there.

I will try this evening on my setup and see f it works there in an attempt to try and narrow this down.

Meanwhile enjoying the plugin - its doing the job  ;D

@kichetof, if you are interested if have some catalogue insertion/metadata suggestions - lmk

kichetof

Windows bug not fixed yet!
I'm waiting my adobe account to ask somebody...

I tried to remove everything, to keep only essential code and nothing... Windows bullsh*t!

I'll not trying anymore until I ask adobe forums..

Danne

Not sure about windows but, I noticed when editing in lua script on mac (multithread testing) I had to remove the imported picture folder I tested with in lightroom and reimport it to start fresh. I think also I restarted lightroom.

Marius

Hello i'm new to all DualISO thing and this software, please don't bash me to much for silly question.

I have LR6 Mac
Installed: cr2hdr 3 Beta
Also installed: OSX_cr2hdr

And have this file that i've downloaded from internet: https://mega.co.nz/#F!yoNQWBTa!3ohyAu9UggiyreAiFjo8nA (thanks for this to this file owner for sharing samples) IMG_6186.CR2

But getting these error messages:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6tn448a4eedyd5q/Screen%20Shot%202015-05-05%20at%2020.45.39.jpg?dl=0

But when i chose this option:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltfsdkrz7n40ai3/Screen%20Shot%202015-05-05%20at%2020.45.48.jpg?dl=0
i get these errors:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aviw1iufdnat1mc/Screen%20Shot%202015-05-05%20at%2020.46.17.jpg?dl=0
and
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aaa9ocr9irvj3sv/Screen%20Shot%202015-05-05%20at%2020.46.21.jpg?dl=0

Walter Schulz

Marius

Nope i have 6D, i've just tried other samples from different site, seems to work. But why does it mater what camera i have?

Walter Schulz

Because ML for 70D is in alpha state and a lot of things just doesn't work. And the file you have been using comes from 70D.

Marius

All right makes sense thanks

Now i have DNG file, and it might be the silliest question i will ask, but trying to open DNG in LR it shows preview unable, do i need to convert DNG to something?

Update: opened in Photoshop, but still cant open in LR6

Danne

The 70D isn,t updated with cr2hdr builds and will fail to be recognized and stop halfway through.
You can probably replace the cr2hdr20bit inside this lightroom plugin to the one Nikfreak created in first post in 70D thread and it will work with 70D as well, but you own a 6D so maybe just wait for Kitchehof when he,s ready to change binaries.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Marius on May 05, 2015, 10:16:09 PM
Update: opened in Photoshop, but still cant open in LR6
Link to file available?

Marius

Walter Schulz

You asked about a DNG unable to open in LR and linked a CR2.