Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kichetof

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 30, 2015, 09:37:33 PM
Maybe you can find out where plug-in folder location is stored. I tried to follow the paths of LR by using Process Monitor and took a short dive into the catalog database schema but haven't found out yet.

I'll investigate next week (no windows at home)

@DeafEyeJedi
Could you retry to export your dual ISO from the path where it's storage but not from previous import window?

Unable to reproduce the bug on my mac (try with original path folder and from last imported view) with DNG dual iso with same options like you.
I'll add a check if folder is writable before copying the DNG, maybe it's the problem.

DeafEyeJedi

Actually I think the problem lies within the files being from 70D. Guess you were right that it may indeed need to wait for an update in the binary from @a1ex or no?

Because I just tried running your latest beta again with Dual-ISO files from 5D3 and it worked as expected.

Hmmm?

Let me know if you would like to try out few Dual-ISO CR2's from 70D.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

kichetof

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on May 01, 2015, 09:18:15 AM
Let me know if you would like to try out few Dual-ISO CR2's from 70D.

Yes please, so I can handle the error and display a proper error message :)

DeafEyeJedi

@kichetof:

Here's the link to 70D movie files including Dual-ISO MLV/RAW from 70D111B (April 23)...

https://mega.co.nz/#F!6hchkCbD!zScVqL68khdbY6MylpzhNg

Here's the link to 70D CR2 files (As well as other varieties of files from 70D to choose from)...

https://mega.co.nz/#F!yoNQWBTa!3ohyAu9UggiyreAiFjo8nA

kichetof

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on May 02, 2015, 06:00:48 PM
@kichetof:

Here's the link to 70D movie files including Dual-ISO MLV/RAW from 70D111B (April 23)...

https://mega.co.nz/#F!6hchkCbD!zScVqL68khdbY6MylpzhNg

Here's the link to 70D CR2 files (As well as other varieties of files from 70D to choose from)...

https://mega.co.nz/#F!yoNQWBTa!3ohyAu9UggiyreAiFjo8nA

Thank you! Electricity shutdown at home from this morning, so when it will comes back, I'll play with your files :)

kichetof

Ok the problem comes from files from 70D.

When you try to convert file with cr2hdr (from terminal or LR), the result file isn't a valid DNG file.

@a1ex this is a file converted with cr2hdr that has a problem: https://mega.co.nz/#F!WIQgCJ6L!gjA5NcT3hV8UsqIDbn3u1Q

I'll try to catch the error, but now I don't know how..

Danne

Cr2hdr converts but doesn, t add color matrix. I think it doesn, t recognize the 70D camera id tag.

nikfreak

dcraw-bridge.c and raw.c from this pull request should contain the neccessary data or does anything miss?

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/620/add-support-for-eos-70d-111-both-revisions
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

kichetof

I can't try because I don't know how to apply your PR on my local repo, I'll read how to do this!

Danne

@nikfreak. Last I tried 70D cr2hdr there was the old flickery bottom pixel issue with dual iso movies. Also lacked some commands. Greymax I think. Could be wrong. Maybe someone could confirm.

nikfreak

I must admit I only seen that DeafEyeJeydi got it working with your help for movies but I guess he used the compiled cr2hdr provided by N/A (not sure about that).
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Danne

Yeah, though about that. Could be something with compilation. It is the one used. I will investigate.

*Downloaded the N/A build from 70D thread and all seems to be in order. Tried a mlv 1920x1080(5D mark 3) and it was interpolating that file as good as any late version. Also seems to have all the commands from former build. All seems good.

*worked fine with CR2 files both 5d mark 3 and a 70D file. With lossles dng compression with adobe dng converter a 70D DNG ends up with being 16mb. Nice.

Maybe @Deafeyejedi could do some more testing regarding interpolation issue cause, see if it can be reproduced.
I see the N/A compilation says Last update: "f381b87 on 2014-07-06 09:46:41 UTC by phil:"
and A1ex latest says "Last update: cc4340b on 2015-03-01 23:16:03 UTC by a1ex:"

Walter Schulz

@Kichetof: Is repository in https://bitbucket.org/kichetof/lr_cr2hdr/src synced with 3.1beta?
Have some GUI changes in mind + updates for german translation.

DeafEyeJedi

Nice to see some major activity going on in here guys... [emoji1]

That's what I figured that it could actually come down to either one of the cr2hdr binaries but also I remember seeing @dmilligan just updated his app MLVFS yesterday with proper color matrix for 70D (it was same as 6D) so not sure if this info would help pick up pace on this progress of yours @kichetof?

I also believe we may have to fix the in camera issues regarding 70D dual ISO movie files (RAW/MLV) first before we blame the binaries becAuse Dual-ISO cr2's from 70D works fine with updated cr2hdr binary that N/A recently build (I think?) which was implemented into @Danne's latest app cr2hdr-r beta which works well.

kichetof

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 03, 2015, 04:36:19 PM
@Kichetof: Is repository in https://bitbucket.org/kichetof/lr_cr2hdr/src synced with 3.1beta?
Have some GUI changes in mind + updates for german translation.

Not now. I'll merge same-levels branch to unify in few hours. Apero time :)

Merged! You can go on!! :)
Pull request welcome!

Walter Schulz

Thanks for syncing!
Fighting with Bitbucket now.
EDIT: Pull request created.

kichetof

Merged ! :)

Flash info !

This is the latest BETA for v3 before final version !

Please, make a lot of test to try everything :)

Download v3.0-BETA3.2

Walter Schulz

kichetof: Final? I don't think so. Just about cornering a bug.
As far as I can tell, there is in fact a small incompatibility problem with LR CC. Magic Lantern will not show up in Plug-In Manager's left column when starting from scratch = Not updating LR 5.x with existing catalog and cr2hdr plug-in to 6/CC.
Making a clean Win7 installation right now (lots of computers here). Will install LR CC after that + plug-in.

There are lots of strings to be added in MLDialogs + translation files. Can be added later.

kichetof

I'll release the final version only when I'll resolve the bug with windows: when you update the plugin or change the path and it not working. (Waiting for adobe support)

Could you send some printscreen for your bug. No problem with LR CC on Mac (10.10.3) and Windows 7 (FR 64bit)

For translations... all files are available to make update, if there are some mistake, feel free to update (not only you :) ), I'll not stopping the final release because nobody translate in a specific language ;)
I can remove languages that are not translated and added only when it's done  8)

Danne

Tried a little in lightroom 4 on a macbook pro mavericks

- DNG compression works both for movie files and CR2 files(adobe dng converter must be installed).
- Tried some variations and all seems fine. Adding flag, not adding flag and so on.
- Same levels on, dual iso movie files. Seemed to work, havn,t checked with exiftool
- Exporting to folder worked good.

- Had one strange bug with lots of messages. Couldn,t even make a printscreen(Freeze). After restarting computer all fine. Couldn,t reproduce

- Speed. I miss some multithreading. In bash it is simple writing, below, and it starts 4 processes in parallell. Is it impossible to do this in lightroom :)? Of course, I can always start 4 processes manually, no big deal, only curious.

find . -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -name '*.CR2' -print0 | xargs -0 -P 4 -n 1 /usr/bin/cr2hdr20bit

Again, thanks for this fine tool/plugin inside a favourite editor.

Walter Schulz

Confirmed for Win 7 and Win 8 (german) and LR CC (german):
After installation (both fresh from scratch) a new catalog was created. I imported one pic and installed plug-in. Everything looks fine in Module Manager (wrong info in previous post, sorry) but export dialog is another thing.

No Magic Lantern in context menu

Left column (Presets) in export dialog: No Magic Lantern, no Dual ISO Converter entry.

Can provide english menu, too.

kichetof

Quote from: Danne on May 04, 2015, 02:36:47 PM
- Speed. I miss some multithreading. In bash it is simple writing, below, and it starts 4 processes in parallell. Is it impossible to do this in lightroom :)? Of course, I can always start 4 processes manually, no big deal, only curious.

find . -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -name '*.CR2' -print0 | xargs -0 -P 4 -n 1 /usr/bin/cr2hdr20bit

Thanks a lot for your great feedback!!
I'll try to use your command for mac user! :)

@Walter it's the same bug for windows users, I don't know how to fix it (I try to replace lua code with LR SDK function) and I'm waiting for Adobe support to unlock my account to access to the adobe forums to ask guy :)

kichetof

@brave and beta tester Mac users
If you want to try multiprocess, you can follow this instruction (not tested, and I can't test before wednesday)

Edit MLProcess.lua
find line 121
Replace this

local cmd = WIN_ENV and 'start /D "%s\\bin" /B /WAIT /BELOWNORMAL %s.exe%s %s' or 'exec "%s/bin/%s"%s %s'
by
local cmd = WIN_ENV and 'start /D "%s\\bin" /B /WAIT /BELOWNORMAL %s.exe%s %s' or 'xargs -0 -P 4 "%s/bin/%s"%s %s'

Please let me know if it works fine ! :)

Danne

Just tried :). Just ends process without converting.

kichetof

Could you open the Console.app and filter by "lightroom" and copy paste here :)