Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elenhil

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 09, 2021, 11:23:41 AM
What happens replacing exiftool with the latest version (12.32)?
The metadata is once again all there (no profile missing errors in LR, but that, I repeat, wasn't the original issue), but the imported DNG is as overblown as per initial setup (and as OK in Photoshop as ever). That's Photoshop CS6 with Camera Raw 7.0, just in case.

So I gather this is some weird cr2hdr/LR interaction issue? Because I've already begun cutting all middle steps by just dropping my CR2 file on cr2hdr.exe from the latest cr2hdr-win package and then manually importing the DNG into LR and PS, which means this plugin has no hand in it whatsoever. But I doubt I can take this up with LR support, given that I'm trying to feed it a CR2 that had been extensively tampered with :)

Walter Schulz

There is a lot of interaction just by importing a file into LR with its presets/profiles. If you want to dig deeper you may want to create another catalog and play around with LR's engine.

elenhil

I'm afraid it's rather too technical for me. What I wanted was being able to use DualISO with Lightroom. Should I try contacting cr2hdr author(s) who might know what this supposed metadata issue is?

Walter Schulz

Actually  ATM you can't. a1ex has gone offline some months ago and we're waiting for his return.

elenhil

OK, just so the few fellow 70D users who experience the issue can find the fix here as well:

Thanks to Danne's 6+ years old post I found the workaround for my LR DualISO problem.

If not using this plugin:

1) Convert your DualISO CR2 files with the latest cr2hdr.exe WITHOUT using the --compress command
2) Run exiftool -uniqueCameraModel="Canon EOS 6D" -ext dng . (so that you change the relevant EXIF tag for the resulting DNG files as per Danne's instructions)
3) Import your files into LR the regular way
4) Optionally apply lossless DNG compression in LR via the Update DNG Preview & Metadata command

This way you get properly imported DualISO DNGs (who will still register as shot on 70D, BTW). Compressing them before importing into LR somehow breaks this 'fix' even if you do change the tag.

If using this plugin:

1) Export your DualISO CR2 files as usual
2) Run exiftool -uniqueCameraModel="Canon EOS 6D" -ext dng . (so that you change the relevant EXIF tag for the resulting DNG files as per Danne's instructions)
3) Refresh your LR files with the now externally changed metadata and regenerate the previews
4) Optionally apply lossless DNG compression via the Update DNG Preview & Metadata command

Doosh

Hello, can someone share working  cr2hdr.exe of  plug-in for Lightroom ? All those previous links are dead :(

Walter Schulz