Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicsut

Quote from: kichetof on April 29, 2015, 08:41:39 PM
:) I like it!

Could you post the name of the dual ISO and all settings do you set to export please :)

filename = _MG_5621 2015-04-26.dng

settings: (need help, sorry - how do I post my screen capture here...? did a quick search on the [img] tag use not found the necessary syntax...)

kichetof

upload your print screen to http://postimage.org :) when upload is finished, copy the link for forum :)

nicsut

Quote from: kichetof on April 29, 2015, 09:21:13 PM
upload your print screen to http://postimage.org :) when upload is finished, copy the link for forum :)

Thanks - done

hébergeur d image gratuit

On 20bit version tab:
- soft-file set to 4
- wb=graymax
- flicker handline: same-levels selected

On troubleshooting:  nothing selected

Hope this helps!

kichetof

Have you this file on your windows folder : _MG_5621 2015-04-26-dualiso.dng ?
Could you try with same-level unchecked please :)

nicsut

Quote from: kichetof on April 29, 2015, 10:59:06 PM
Have you this file on your windows folder : _MG_5621 2015-04-26-dualiso.dng ?
Could you try with same-level unchecked please :)

OK in fact this is a file that I had previously converted the other day, so the -dualiso.dng already existed.  Folder contents as follows:

photo libre

So a -dualiso-2 was created.  Perhaps ideally there would be an option to allow either overwrite of existing -dualiso.dng(s), or creation of new variant ...

But guess what - success with same-level unchecked -dualiso-3.dng created, no error messages, and dualiso-3 acessable in the catalogue ;D   Excellent!!  Folder contents as follows:

téléchargement de photos

Contents of _MG_5621 2015-04-26-dualiso-3.TXT as follows:

cr2hdr: a post processing tool for Dual ISO images

Last update: 0eabcb0 on 2014-08-29 12:42:54 UTC by a1ex:
cr2hdr exposure matching: when all else fails, brute force prevails...

Active options:
--amaze-edge    : use a temporary demosaic step (AMaZE) followed by edge-directed interpolation (default)
--cs2x2         : apply 2x2 chroma smoothing in noisy and aliased areas (default)
--no-bad-pix    : disable bad pixel fixing (try it if you shoot stars)
--soft-film=4   : bake a soft-film curve to compress highlights and raise shadows by X EV
                  (if you use this option, you should also specify the white balance)
--wb=graymax    : set AsShotNeutral by maximizing the number of gray pixels (default)

Input file      : D:\Audio Video\Photos\RAW for Lightroom\2015\April\26\_MG_5621 2015-04-26-dualiso-3.dng
Camera          : Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Camera model    : Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Full size       : 5920 x 3950
Active area     : 5796 x 3870
Black borders   : 124 left, 80 top
Black level     : 2044
ISO pattern     : dBBd RGGB
White levels    : 15193 13901
Noise levels    : 15.20 70.91 67.88 15.17 (14-bit)
ISO difference  : 2.90 EV (747)
Black delta     : 1.58
Dynamic range   : 9.76 (+) 7.39 => 10.29 EV (in theory)
AMaZE interpolation ...
Amaze took 3.48 s
Edge-directed interpolation...
Semi-overexposed: 3.35%
Deep shadows    : 66.43%
Horizontal stripe fix...
Full-res reconstruction...
ISO overlap     : 3.9 EV (approx)
Half-res blending...
Chroma smoothing...
Building alias map...
Filtering alias map...
Smoothing alias map...
Final blending...
Noise level     : 536.50 (20-bit), ideally 468.64
Dynamic range   : 10.62 EV (cooked)
Black adjust    : -84
AsShotNeutral   : 0.50 1 0.54, 4707K/g=0.89 (gray max)
Soft-film curve : +4.00 EV baked at WB 2.00 1.00 1.84
Output file     : D:\Audio Video\Photos\RAW for Lightroom\2015\April\26\_MG_5621 2015-04-26-dualiso-3.DNG (already exists, overwriting)
D:\Audio Video\Photos\RAW for Lightroom\2015\April\26\_MG_5621 2015-04-26-dualiso-3.DNG: copying EXIF from D:\Audio Video\Photos\RAW for Lightroom\2015\April\26\_MG_5621 2015-04-26-dualiso-3.dng

Thanks once again for all you support  :)

kichetof

My mistake... sorry!

new link to download newest

I forget to change the name when same-level is checked for reimported into LR (cr2hdr works fine) ;)

nicsut

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: kichetof on April 29, 2015, 06:50:18 PM
Every time for both platform!
Don't forget that I'm a Mac user :)

Figured. Should have known better, myself! [emoji3] Will definitely test out the new updated beta however though I got a question -- do you know if it will be able to read Dual-ISO files from 70D yet?

Much appreciated, @kichetof!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

kichetof

Quote from: nicsut on April 30, 2015, 06:57:43 AM
Sorry - no joy - same errors  :(

Everything works well on both platform for me (don't forget to reload the plugin when you update some files (in plugin management) ;))

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on April 30, 2015, 08:15:58 AM
do you know if it will be able to read Dual-ISO files from 70D yet?

The plugin doesn't check from which model the Dual ISO come, so don't worry about that. Maybe it needs the last update of cr2hdr (I'll update this evening)

@ALL

It's time to release the final Lightroom Dual ISO Converter v3, so I need your help!
Please, try the same-levels option for cr2hdr 20bit.
Please translater, I need some translation for the latest update, if not, it will be google translated  :o

nicsut

Quote from: kichetof on April 30, 2015, 10:47:40 AM
Everything works well on both platform for me (don't forget to reload the plugin when you update some files (in plugin management) ;))

OK, will check again this evening to make sure it is not a stupid user error  ;D (was a little bit early this morning when I retried, but I had hit the reload button, and when that did not work, removed the plugin, deleted the folder with the plugin and created it direct from the new download again ...).

Any thoughts on:
Quote from: nicsut on April 29, 2015, 11:32:23 PM
OK in fact this is a file that I had previously converted the other day, so the -dualiso.dng already existed....

... So a -dualiso-2 was created.  Perhaps ideally there would be an option to allow either overwrite of existing -dualiso.dng(s), or creation of new variant ...

Thanks once again for all you support  :)

kichetof

Quote from: nicsut on April 30, 2015, 11:00:18 AM
OK, will check again this evening to make sure it is not a stupid user error  ;D (was a little bit early this morning when I retried, but I had hit the reload button, and when that did not work, removed the plugin, deleted the folder with the plugin and created it direct from the new download again ...).

Try again and let me know !

Quote from: nicsut on April 29, 2015, 11:32:23 PM
So a -dualiso-2 was created.  Perhaps ideally there would be an option to allow either overwrite of existing -dualiso.dng(s), or creation of new variant ...

I added the function to check if file exist to choose an unique name if you forget to change the suffix, but I can remove it
if LrFileUtils.exists(finalPath) then
       finalPath = LrFileUtils.chooseUniqueFileName(finalPath)
       finalPathLog = LrFileUtils.chooseUniqueFileName(finalPathLog)
end

Walter Schulz

Installed LR CC on new laptop with Win 8.1.
Tried to install plug-in from source https://bitbucket.org/kichetof/lr_cr2hdr/get/same-levels.zip
but no avail. Error loading plug-in.
Tried link from first page and no problem at all.

kichetof

@Walter
could you see in Plugin manager if there are an error explanation ?
There are no big changes between 3-BETA3 and this rush

Walter Schulz

Window showing up "An error occurred while attempting to load this plug-in."

kichetof

Have you renamed the folder kichetof-lr_cr2hdr-5c11d3cebe09 to cr2hdr.lrplugin ? (after unzipped, folder root before bin/ and presets/)

Don't forget, it's a rush :)

Walter Schulz

Yes, been there.
Tried to rename build from first page to cr2hdrx.lrplugin and it worked.

kichetof

wtf?!

It works fine on my windows....
It's not the first time that you had a similar problem no ?

Walter Schulz

Different computer, different OS, different LR version.
Problem was on other comp with renaming plugin folder. No problem on new computer so far with "old" build. New build will not work at all. Started with new build, then switched to "classic" plugin. And that one works.

EDIT: We can do a remote session via Teamviewer. Let me just clean my browser cache ...

kichetof

Could you try this plugin

If have some times, I'll do the Teamviewer session :)

Walter Schulz

Looks good! Works. More tests have to be postponed until evening.

kichetof

I only zipped my cloned repo from bitbucket... I don't know why it don't work when you change the name...

but great :)

My adobe account has some trouble, so I can't connect to the forums, I'm waiting for Adobe technician resolve this issue (24-72 business hours)
Windows users be patient for a fix for the bug with plugin loading from another folder :)

nicsut

OK feedback time  :)

1.  Thanks!!
2.  Used cr2hdr.3.0-BETA3.1
      - same-levels problem fixed  :D
      - install to other folders still have the problem
3.  On existing -dualiso file behaviour

Quote from: kichetof on April 30, 2015, 11:21:18 AM
I added the function to check if file exist to choose an unique name if you forget to change the suffix, but I can remove it
if LrFileUtils.exists(finalPath) then
       finalPath = LrFileUtils.chooseUniqueFileName(finalPath)
       finalPathLog = LrFileUtils.chooseUniqueFileName(finalPathLog)
end

What would be great is if a file with the same suffix already exists then if a (new) checkbox "overwrite existing dualiso DNG" is selected the existing file is overwritten, else choose unique name.  For safety purposes if run with this potion selected a confirmation dialogue should be displayed.  Thoughts, desirable, feasible?

kichetof

I like your idea for 3. :)
I'll add an UI option to let the choice to the user to overwrite or not an existing dual ISO final file :)
Maybe this Sunday or next week ;)

When my account are able to login to the Adobe forums, I'll ask for a solution to fix windows folder problem :)

Walter Schulz

Maybe you can find out where plug-in folder location is stored. I tried to follow the paths of LR by using Process Monitor and took a short dive into the catalog database schema but haven't found out yet.

DeafEyeJedi

*feedbacks*

Ran the new cr2hdr v3.0 BETA3.1 in LR 5.6 and it failed to export because it says I didn't choose destination for export (when I know I did).

https://vimeo.com/126553760

https://vimeo.com/126557667

Hopefully this is an human error on my part otherwise I have no idea... Thoughts?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109