Canon EOS M

Started by jordancolburn, December 30, 2013, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

According to CHDK project camera's code base is Canon's P&S line.
As a1ex pointed out it might not be impossible to implement ML but it's about as difficult to port ML to Nikon DSLRs.
-> No dev is working on it and you better put your hopes in CHDK.
https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12757.0

Nvilla

how do i install the bin file on the sd card for the m10?

Walter Schulz

You don't. See message above yours.

mapline

Hi
Problem first image perfect (B&W)but if I do a another screen from info button  I get coloured background (light blue) not B&W.
Tried reformating , reinstalling ML, different card but no change!
Can you please tell me what Im doing wrong?
Opening in Adobe cs6
Thanks

any guidance?

ZilvinasK

Hello guys, I just installed ML to my Eos M and there is no audio metering and no audio menu in ML. Audio without ML works fine, but not with ML.
Could you help me? Thanks.

Licaon_Kter

What ML build date?

mapline

Hi
magiclantern-Nightly.2016Jun13.EOSM202.zip
Built on: 2016-06-12 23:08:10 +0100
Changeset: 90fe6de
Many thanks

Licaon_Kter

Reset ML settings to default.
Reset Canon settings to default.
Retry.

a1ex

@Licaon_Kter: are you able to get correct behavior on your EOS M?

On-topic: the palette registers are write-only, so if you are able to get the palette values, be my guest ;)

Licaon_Kter

Quote from: a1ex on July 08, 2016, 07:10:09 PM
@Licaon_Kter: are you able to get correct behavior on your EOS M?
Not sure what the problem is though.
S/he make a screenshot of ML or what?

mapline

Hi from he (Michael)
Reset camera to defaults
Formatted card and reinstalled ML
Same results PPM file 1 good other blue

Camera and ML working fine except screen print. Loaded PPM files to Adobe CS6 to convert to jpeg
Thanks for your time

dfort

I tried reproducing this and it turns out that the colors are wrong when doing a screen capture of the Canon INFO screen. All of the other screen captures I tried turned out fine.

Licaon_Kter

Yes, I can confirm too. Strange.

mapline

Thanks for replies, at least I know its not just my camera!

dmilligan

Quote from: Licaon_Kter on July 10, 2016, 04:09:07 AM
Yes, I can confirm too. Strange.
Quote from: mapline on July 10, 2016, 01:50:02 PM
Thanks for replies, at least I know its not just my camera!

a1ex already gave you the answer to what is going on, it's seems maybe the answer passed over your heads:

Quote from: a1ex on July 08, 2016, 07:10:09 PM
the palette registers are write-only, so if you are able to get the palette values, be my guest ;)

Translation: we don't know what the color values in the bitmap vram (overlay screen buffer) are supposed to mean.

Canon firmware sets up the color palette for it's graphics, and we can't read the values directly from the display registers that control the palette, they are write-only (figuring out the current color palette would require reverse engineering the Canon code that setups the color palette and patching it in a way that allows us to keep track of the palette; a1ex says that if you are able to do that then "be my guest", implying that it would be a non-trivial and time consuming task; I suppose all the recent qemu advancements booting the Canon GUI would be a great help to this end).

Quote from: dfort on July 10, 2016, 01:13:12 AM
All of the other screen captures I tried turned out fine.
Screenshots of ML stuff looks correct b/c for our graphics, we know what the palette is.

Screenshots of Canon graphics on other cameras look incorrect too, but not quite as crazy.

mapline

Thanks for the further explanation which I can understand and makes sense.

leonarka

The latest version
If using the left button to lock focus
Then shutter metering, patterned after the move
Click the lock will have metering and click, no metering lock
Whether used to weigh the formula, or spot metering, the situation is the same

Is there any place can be set?

Licaon_Kter

In Canon menu -> Key with four squares -> Custom functions (Fn.p) -> Fn.pIV AE lock -> did you use option 1 or 3? Test them both.

leonarka

Option 2
To use the left button to lock focus

Options 1 & 3
Not lock the focus
Then shutter metering

Licaon_Kter

Umm, it's not working like this here, but:
* 1 -> lock only focus on * (star) press (or left button how you've said), it will meter and take the picture on button press.
* 3 -> lock both focus and metering on star press, it will just take the picture (unchanged) on button press.

Both 0 and 2 don't do anything on * (star) press, at least on my EOS M.

mapline

Hi
Use
* 1 -> locks only focus by * button.
  Pressing half shutter button ( and hold) will meter and  toggles AE lock with * showing on left next to lens info  when locked.
  Release half press again releases lock * then meters, press again will meter and lock again with * on half press.
  Take the picture on continue to full button press.
At least this is on my camers

davebreal

Hi - I am not able to turn off the LCD of my EOS M when using the intervalometer on ML.  This could easily be user error, can someone walk me through the steps to turn off LCD.

My current settings:
Powersave in LiveView
Enable power saving -> on STBY + REC
Use Shortcut key -> INFO
Turn off LCD -> after 20 seconds

This does nothing in my case, just downloaded most recent nightly build available.

Am I missing something?  Any settings I need to change?

Thanks.

Licaon_Kter

What interval?
Works fine here for both normal and silent pics, with 10s and Canon picture review of 2sec.

Teamsleepkid

Dfort awhile ago you mentioned a zoom mode that was capable of2592x1108 or something like that.. is that do-able on the eos m? And if so how do you do it?
EOS M

dfort

Use the magnifying glass button to get into 5x zoom mode then adjust the image size with the ML settings. Going way up in size will limit recording time to about a second or so. A crash could also wipe out the card so good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk