Canon EOS M

Started by jordancolburn, December 30, 2013, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyroo

I noticed on the build features page that none of the focus features are supported (checked). Does this mean that the focus infinity module won't work? I am trying to get the EOS M to reliably take pictures from an aerial platform, but it loses AF lock and freezes pretty reliably, and I am having trouble focusing to infinity before mounting it on the platform.  With the 22mm lens in MF it loses MF when powered off, and I have to power it off to mount it. I have a 40mm lens, but am having trouble keeping MF focused to infinity there too...

If anyone has any idea on how I can achieve MF to infinity and keep it there, I would be most grateful. In CHDK I can tell the camera to focus to infinity and stay there. That would be sooo very nice if I could do it in ML too.

Thanks for any time.

Andy

canoneer

Buy manual glas from the 70's with an adapter,  with only manual focus, or use an EF lense with MF button.

Pharinen

Which build includes headphone monitoring? Does it work any good?

At least in this video there is a build including that submenu:
http://youtu.be/1cHtl0nseEc?t=53s

Tried with latest nightly build, there wasnt that submenu. Btw which one is the most stable release with headphone monitoring and cropvideo?
I don't need raw video, too much hassle with pink dot issues and all.

EVVK

Tried to figure out some new stubs for EOSM.202 . However I would advice someone checks/verifys them as I haven't had any prior experience on this.

NSTUB(FF555B80,  StartPlayProtectGuideApp)
NSTUB(FF5557BC,  StopPlayProtectGuideApp)

NSTUB(FF4E5E2C,  MirrorDisplay)
NSTUB(FF4E5E8C,  NormalDisplay)
NSTUB(FF4E5E5C,  ReverseDisplay)

NSTUB(FF2C17B8,  EngDrvOut)

NSTUB(FF0D7918,  gui_change_shoot_type_post)    ; or is it FF0D7904 ?
NSTUB(FF0D7830,  gui_change_mode)

NSTUB(FF1B524C,  GUI_SetLvMode)
NSTUB(FF134A8C,  SetAudioVolumeIn)

NSTUB(FF2C0474,  mvrSetFullHDOptSize)
NSTUB(FF2C0658,  mvrSetGopOptSizeFULLHD)

a1ex

- the first two are only needed for 5D2 and cameras from the same generation (FEATURE_LV_BUTTON_PROTECT)
- the display ones are for variangle displays; you can try enabling FEATURE_IMAGE_ORIENTATION though and try them
- EngDrvOut: already defined, but with a different address (?!)
- gui_change_*: for old-style cameras only
- GUI_SetLvMode: 50D only
- SetAudioVolumeIn: take a look at the new-sound-system branch, maybe used there
- mvrSet*: unused, should be cleaned up (the only one used is mvrSetDefQScale)

EVVK

Ok , Sorry  :-[
No idea on the actual code calling those, but those few that were marked with questionmarks in the  were empty in EOSM.202/stubs.S . Just tried to help out.

magnosantos

Hello Guys,

I neewbie on this, and today i finally received my canon eos m (still waiting for the 22mm f2 lens), and after a few experiments with a Pentax M 50mm F1.7, i already noticed that i will have a new toy to play with. Already installed ML (5jun14 nightly) andone thing that i would like to ask, is if it is normal that no Audio Functions are available on ML Menu.

Besides this, does someone recommend a getting started path do HDLSR and ML?

Many thanks, and keep the good work going.

Harry3

I cannot get the camera to stop taking shots in the Intervalometer mode:
The settings I used were - 3 seconds for duration between shots and to turn off after taking 12 shots.
It counts up to 12 shots and then it starts all over again.
Am I doing something wrong? ::)

a1ex

Can you record a video showing the problem?

khail

not sure if this is the right window but how possible is 4k h.264 video on the eos m :D

Oswald

Quote from: khail on June 09, 2014, 04:59:14 AM
not sure if this is the right window but how possible is 4k h.264 video on the eos m :D

Impossible.  :D Never gonna happen.
7D, EOS-M & 100D.100b ¶  Sigma 18-35mm, Canon 50mm F1.8, 22 STM, 8-48mm f1.0, 18-55 EF-M STM

khail

curious as to how come, ml can over ride the FPS and compression of H.264

dmilligan

Quote from: khail on June 09, 2014, 04:14:36 PM
curious as to how come, ml can over ride the FPS and compression of H.264
For a complete technical description, have a look at fps-engio.c and bitrate.c.

Short answer: by calling functions and/or setting registers that were found in the Canon firmware that cause the FPS to change and the h.264 compression to change.

khail

Ok still a bit foggy but I think I get it. What resolution and card works for you guys while recording raw ?

Braga

Quote from: Harry3 on June 08, 2014, 11:48:53 AM
I cannot get the camera to stop taking shots in the Intervalometer mode:
Am I doing something wrong? ::)

You can stop the intervalometer by rotating the mode dial, by pressing MENU or PLAY, or by turning off the camera
Making Magic 550D
EFP/ENG Photog/Editor

Pharinen

Quote from: magnosantos on June 06, 2014, 04:16:41 PM
Hello Guys,

I neewbie on this, and today i finally received my canon eos m (still waiting for the 22mm f2 lens), and after a few experiments with a Pentax M 50mm F1.7, i already noticed that i will have a new toy to play with. Already installed ML (5jun14 nightly) andone thing that i would like to ask, is if it is normal that no Audio Functions are available on ML Menu.

Besides this, does someone recommend a getting started path do HDLSR and ML?

Many thanks, and keep the good work going.
Quote from: Pharinen on June 05, 2014, 12:04:50 AM
Which build includes headphone monitoring? Does it work any good?

At least in this video there is a build including that submenu:
http://youtu.be/1cHtl0nseEc?t=53s

Tried with latest nightly build, there wasnt that submenu. Btw which one is the most stable release with headphone monitoring and cropvideo?
I don't need raw video, too much hassle with pink dot issues and all.

Nobody knows? ???

Oswald

There are no audio functions. Eos M lacks of audio controls. I don't know but i'm using TL build and there is headphone monitoring. I don't know is it working or not. I bought zoom h1 and now I have proper preamps etc.
7D, EOS-M & 100D.100b ¶  Sigma 18-35mm, Canon 50mm F1.8, 22 STM, 8-48mm f1.0, 18-55 EF-M STM

Pharinen

Quote from: Oswald on June 12, 2014, 09:11:12 PM
There are no audio functions. Eos M lacks of audio controls. I don't know but i'm using TL build and there is headphone monitoring. I don't know is it working or not. I bought zoom h1 and now I have proper preamps etc.

OK, thank you! :)

Where can I download the latest TL build(can you put a direct link to the download)?
Is the installation process same as with the ML?

AnthonyEngelken

Wanted to share this here for those who don't visit the hardware thread: DIY LCD Hood Template for EOS M

Oswald

Quote from: Pharinen on June 12, 2014, 11:43:07 PM
OK, thank you! :)

Where can I download the latest TL build(can you put a direct link to the download)?
Is the installation process same as with the ML?

http://tl.bot-fly.com

It is the same. But I dont know is there any new features in later builds.

magnosantos

Can some explain advantages of TL vs ML?

Wynand

In my playing around with ML (and I'm excited!!) I found that my EOS M suddenly did not want to display the ML menus any more.  When booted in M (manual) photo mode it used to display the ML menus when the screen is touched with two fingers.  This has stopped for no reason at all - it just displays the "Welcome" screen ending with "Enjoy"  So I could not change settings etc.  I removed ML, restored the OEM EOS M 2.02, then camera formatted the SD card and re-installed ML.

Same response - only got the "Welcome" screen but no ML menu!!!  Today after trying again, my hand slipped and I touched the SET dail's outer ring on the right side....  and MAGIC!  There my EOS M came alive with the ML menus!  I'm back in business!

I do not know if I posted in the right place or if this is even helpful to the forum members - it worked for me!

Regards.

Pharinen

Quote from: Oswald on June 13, 2014, 10:54:27 AM
http://tl.bot-fly.com

It is the same. But I dont know is there any new features in later builds.
Thank you for the help!  :)

Thought I didn't get the headphone monitoring to work.. I was using the a/v cable which came with 550D. When I plug the cable in the screen just blacks out(it doesnt matter if the setting is on or off), camera is still working though. Maybe it thinks that I'm using external screen?

Have anyone got it to work?

E: The exact cable what I'm using is Canon AVC-DC400ST, it should be 100% compatible with EOS M.

Harry3

Quote from: Braga on June 10, 2014, 10:04:51 AM
You can stop the intervalometer by rotating the mode dial, by pressing MENU or PLAY, or by turning off the camera
Hi,
I just realised that there was a reply to my post.
On my camera the intervalometer will not stop if I use the dial or menu button. Only pressing "PLAY", switch from camera to video button or turning it off.
I am starting to believe that there is a software issue with the intervalometer not turning off on it's own. What a pity as I do not want to use infrared to control the camera. :'(
Regards
Harry

florian.gerard51

hello !

i have a question, i just installed ML on my eos M, it works great for videos but i cannot shoot pictures! i tried M, AV.....nothing works. It does focus but not shoot.

if i put a new sd without ML it does work but with the ML installed SD not working.

Do you have the same issue ?!