Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siberia

Where can I find Tragic Lantern EOS-m2?
Or not yet?

gary2013

Quote from: tupp on January 31, 2014, 07:47:04 AM
Does TL for the EOS-M offer control of GOP, slice and bit rate, as TL1 does for the 600D?
you can find submenus by tapping the screen once on the main menu item. You go to the Movie settings and at the top it says CBR 1x. Tap on that once and then the submenus show and all the settings are there.

tupp

Quote from: gary2013 on January 31, 2014, 07:06:43 PM
you can find submenus by tapping the screen once on the main menu item. You go to the Movie settings and at the top it says CBR 1x. Tap on that once and then the submenus show and all the settings are there.

Great!  So, GOP control is found in the submenus?

And these settings are available in the recent TL builds, right?

Thanks!

Siberia

Quote from: gary2013 on January 31, 2014, 07:07:40 PM
http://tl.bot-fly.com/

Not EOS-M, need to EOS-M2 Firmware 1.0.2
EOS-M  Firmware 2.0.2 does not work with the EOS-M2: (

nanomad

No dev has an eos-m2 ... And since it's Asia only I don't see it being supported any time soon. Unless you are willing to do it yourself that is
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Siberia

Thank you. It is a pity that no ..

Markusik

BRACKETING BUG
Hi Guys,
I tried to find as much as possible here on forum about bracketing problem. After hours of no appropriate answer I made some testing.
I´m using eos M with 202 firmware and TL and for comparison eos 600d with ML.
I have teste bracketing with 5,7,9 pics, different ISO, manual mode, different times, different +- ev increments.
Reinstalling, reseting setting, different lenses... Nothing helped.
Result was, that on 600d everything was fine, but M behave unexpected, result are approximately 50:50 right:confusing.
Sample of results from M:
1, good one: 7pictures +-2eV: times 1/60,1/15,1/4,1",4",15",64"
2, total bad: 7pictures +-2eV: times: 1/80,1/20,0"8 - 3 times! and 13"

Any advise, any helps? Thanks!
M.

feureau

Quote from: nanomad on February 01, 2014, 09:25:13 AM
No dev has an eos-m2 ... And since it's Asia only I don't see it being supported any time soon. Unless you are willing to do it yourself that is

I've been thinking of getting one. If I could somehow dump the firmware, what are the chance that someone would try to peek into it?

handbanana

Hey y'all been a while since i checked up on EOM M TL. Quick question is RAW still squished in non-crop mode?

feureau

Quote from: handbanana on February 05, 2014, 11:44:23 PM
Hey y'all been a while since i checked up on EOM M TL. Quick question is RAW still squished in non-crop mode?

Last I used it was about a month ago: Yes still squished.

1%

Its only unsquished in crop mode or 5x/10x

BE

You developers have done a fantastic job with Magic Lantern!

I have a feature request...
It would be really nice if it would be possible to turn of the screen (but still being able to shoot). (That would make EOS M + 22/2.0 a great street photography camera. You could keep the camera ready for hours without lighting up the screen and still be ready to take a photo at any time...)
5D Mk II, EOS M - 16/2.8, 22/2.0, 50/1.4, 90/2.8, 400/5.6

R4dev

Ok, a few days ago I noticed something weird with my TL. If I don't use fps override my non-crop mode video always shows 29.9, but if I use crop-mode, it shows whatever I selected through the Canon menu. I don't remember this being a problem before and I'm not sure if TL is switching the fps,but not showing it correctly, or just ignoring the Canon menu in non-crop mode. I didn't find this mentioned in the forum before, sorry if it was and I missed it.

kansalainen

Quote from: BE on February 07, 2014, 09:53:33 PM
You developers have done a fantastic job with Magic Lantern!

I have a feature request...
It would be really nice if it would be possible to turn of the screen (but still being able to shoot). (That would make EOS M + 22/2.0 a great street photography camera. You could keep the camera ready for hours without lighting up the screen and still be ready to take a photo at any time...)

Try attaching a HDMI cable to its slot. That will turn of the screen (maybe you need something on the other end of the cable, I used Zacuto EVF). Or maybe somebody can program the camera believe, that there is HDMI plug inserted?

1%

Quotedon't use fps override my non-crop mode video always shows 29.9, but if I use crop-mode, it shows whatever I selected through the Canon menu

Thats how it works.

R4dev

QuoteThats how it works.

So there's no other way to adjust frame rate except FPS override in non-crop mode? But doesn't it disable audio? It's so weird that I only now notice it...

1%

Well the rate goes to the correct 24fps when recording H264... but that won't really help anyone. The only other thing would be to hack live view to always act like its recording and then you get native FPS, haven't found a way to do that thus far.

R4dev

Thank you for the explanation.  :)

Canon eos m

Hi can anyone please help.

Whenever I load the latest TL EOS M release, I have to disable the 'dot_tune.mo' module else there are corrupt messages on the camera screen.

What is the dot_tune.mo supposed to be for and why does it corrupt the screen. Is this is bug.

Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

1%

Its a module you can't use on M. AF micro adjustments.

Canon eos m

Read about it. Thanks. Also, saw the youtube video of the person explaining the concept and setup. Will try it on my 5D3 someday.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

Canon eos m

Quote from: kansalainen on February 10, 2014, 04:54:04 PM
Try attaching a HDMI cable to its slot. That will turn of the screen (maybe you need something on the other end of the cable, I used Zacuto EVF). Or maybe somebody can program the camera believe, that there is HDMI plug inserted?

Brilliant suggestion! I never thought of using my Zacuto this way to conserve power and all the benefits.

Canon eos m

Using the latest build but keep getting the error :Err 70: An error prevent shooting. Turn the camera off and on again or re-install the battery." Done all this but the problem persists. Goes away only if I pull the SD card out of the card slot.

I am using the EOS M with the latest build (10 Feb 2014 - Tragic Lantern).

Please advise and help. The EOS M is my last connect with the ML world, since I upgraded the Canon firmware on my 5D3 to version 1.2.3 and therefore cannot use ML with my 5D3 anymore. The EOS M is my only hope for now.

BE

Quote from: kansalainen on February 10, 2014, 04:54:04 PM

Ah, thanks for this idea! I will try it as soon as I find a mini HDMI plug somewhere...
5D Mk II, EOS M - 16/2.8, 22/2.0, 50/1.4, 90/2.8, 400/5.6