7D slow-motion at 60 FPS and 50 FPS over ride. Now working.

Started by ted ramasola, January 27, 2014, 08:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

arrinkiiii

With ML i still get pink frames in 60fps but with TL everything is good.

Flyingsheep

I hope eventually the stretching issue would be solved.  Whenever you resize it to a proper 16:9 ratio there are definitely some aliasing problems. 

ted ramasola

Quote from: Flyingsheep on March 19, 2014, 10:36:44 PM
I hope eventually the stretching issue would be solved.  Whenever you resize it to a proper 16:9 ratio there are definitely some aliasing problems.

I don't think ML can do much about the aliasing as even when using h264 the 720P is already heavily aliased. Its a hardware limitation IIRC.

What ML has done is giving you a slightly better solution since you can now record an image bigger than 1280x720 at 60/50/48P
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Flyingsheep

Right but it looks like stretching the image on the top and bottom makes it much more pronounced.  I shoot 720p 60p in h.264 all the time and it's not nearly as bad.  I think fixing the stretching problem would be a better solution than increasing resolution a little bit.

crwn_schlr

Quote from: Flyingsheep on March 19, 2014, 11:56:59 PM
Right but it looks like stretching the image on the top and bottom makes it much more pronounced.  I shoot 720p 60p in h.264 all the time and it's not nearly as bad.  I think fixing the stretching problem would be a better solution than increasing resolution a little bit.

I just recently used 48fps Raw at the full 16:9 res on a concert tour, in conjunction with 60fps h264, and I actually have some examples where the canon 720/60 shows pretty significant aliasing, and the raw/48 does not.

Not trying to disprove your claim, different scenario, different results. But I'll note I do remember one specific 720/60 clip that shows pretty heavy aliasing in a hat, and on most of the raw/48fps clips it wasn't there, or i didn't notice it.

I'll try to find some examples, as I'm pulling still frames now anyway.

On another note, I've been testing different aspect ratios with the 1.66 stretch factor. I haven't done any math but I think the 2.35 stretched is nearly 1.85. So I shot some stuff recently at 1.85 to see if it hits 16:9. That way you can get the maximum write speed with out throwing away any of the image.

Any one else played with this?