Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk11174

Quote from: glassescreditsroll on April 07, 2014, 08:13:07 PM
I like the db version but does anyone know what the canon increments translated to db is? I usually have my increment on the 1 click but what would that translate to into the db menu? 2?
oh, it is just multiplied by 4, sorry, the 21 step is by 3 and the 63step is by nothing. so 2 DB is 4 canon increments. I just spread them out evenly with the range of DB the book says the chip has. Not going to be real DB  I guess but makes a nicer menu, but the main thing, its just multiples of 4 with a fancy DB name instead of just 4.

And by the way its not 2x4, in the code, 2 dB is 1 so it is 1x4=4 canon increments and I named it 2 dB. and just go from there with the rest
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on April 07, 2014, 09:01:03 PM
oh, it is just multiplied by 4, sorry, the 21 step is by 3 and the 63step is by nothing. so 2 DB is 4 canon increments. I just spread them out evenly with the range of DB the book says the chip has. Not going to be real DB  I guess but makes a nicer menu, but the main thing, its just multiples of 4 with a fancy DB name instead of just 4.

And by the way its not 2x4, in the code, 2 dB is 1 so it is 1x4=4 canon increments and I named it 2 dB. and just go from there with the rest
I couldn't resist to keep checking YOU GOT IT, If any issue will let you know but seem to work pretty good using the 21 levels my self, personal taste Thank you
650D-700D

Felipe

Can you add the Attenuator in ML Menu ? Please ?
650D-700D

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on April 07, 2014, 09:40:55 PM
I couldn't resist to keep checking YOU GOT IT, If any issue will let you know but seem to work pretty good using the 21 levels my self, personal taste Thank you
Thanks, probably just going to leave it as is, I don't want to cause any issues with the main developers of ML, just wanted a quick way to get audio adjustment in ML, should not press my luck.

Thanks for the tests though.  :)

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on April 07, 2014, 10:20:37 PM
Thanks, probably just going to leave it as is, I don't want to cause any issues with the main developers of ML, just wanted a quick way to get audio adjustment in ML, should not press my luck.

Thanks for the tests though.  :)
Hey man Thank you this camera flys with ML and Mosaic engineering VAF Filter, and bitrate 2.0 beats hands down my p2
650D-700D

mk11174

Hi, I just want to make note to protect ML from support questions while using the vol adjust module.

ML has nothing to do with the module, try at your own risk and if module is buggy, just ask me for help because it is not part of the great ML.

I don't want the Devs bother by questions for this module even though the module is very basic and straight foward, you adjust the mic input from 0 to 21 or 0 to 64, I know, sound hard  :P
but I really want to make it clear for the Devs of ML, its not supported by ML, I will be your only support for it.

When the audio chip is coded by whoever, I will delete the module from the forum since it won't be needed.

Again, the values for the dB version are most likely wrong, I tried to get the real values and make sure they are what they say, but the document is to complicated for me  :-\
I just simply felt like beefing the GUI up so I did, simple as that.

But the modules, whichever you choose to use work just fine for what I intended, control mic input from within ML GUI and it works just fine for me and other users so feel free to try it out if you want.

gtyyxray

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 22, 2014, 12:28:57 PM
Access Module tab, activate DUAL_ISO.MO, restart cam.
It seems to be a rather outdated build you're using. You may switch to a more recent nightly build.

i can't fine the DUAL_ISO.MO in "Module".

But i found ettr.mo, file_man.mo, pic_view.mo and raw_rec.mo only. Any idea how to put in or make the DUAL_ISO.MO appear and working?

blade

Quote from: gtyyxray on April 09, 2014, 11:25:27 AM
i can't fine the DUAL_ISO.MO in "Module".

But i found ettr.mo, file_man.mo, pic_view.mo and raw_rec.mo only. Any idea how to put in or make the DUAL_ISO.MO appear and working?

Do you use the latest build?
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

Popz3210

How long do you think it will be before we see headphone monitoring on the 650D? I'm not trying to be a pest, I'm just curious. I know the people who help in the development work hard and donate a bunch of their time. Do you think it could be a few weeks out, a few months out, a year or so, or could there be some factor that could make it so it might never happen?

Generally, what's involved with adding a feature like this? Are there other problems that have to be solved or reversed engineered before hand?

blade

Quote from: Popz3210 on April 10, 2014, 06:16:15 PM
How long do you think it will be before we see headphone monitoring on the 650D? I'm not trying to be a pest, I'm just curious. I know the people who help in the development work hard and donate a bunch of their time. Do you think it could me a few weeks out, a few months out, a year or so, or could there be some factor that could make it so it might never happen?

Generally, what's involved with adding a feature like this? Are there other problems that have to be solved or reversed engineered before hand?

your question may be considered a troll question. I do however believe that your requested feature is on the wish list of the developers. If you are a developer yourself, please feel free to contribute. A time frame is: its done when its done... could be tomorrow, could be never....

nanomad

We  need the following :
Exact audio IC datasheet (I think it was posted some time ago, I'll need to check)
Figure out how canon does i2c (found something already)
Have an headphone monitoring cable on hand (I don't do video so I don't have it, it's secondary as I can blindly try to enable the function and hope it will work)
I think we need a free task in dryos (not sure). This is what I think I solved earlier this week but I'm not sure.
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

blade

:P Looks like Nanomad has you covered.... sounds like it should be finished in no time  ;)

nanomad

One can only hope, right? Wrong!
Help me find that datasheet [emoji12]
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

glassescreditsroll

Quote from: nanomad on April 10, 2014, 06:29:01 PM
We  need the following :
Exact audio IC datasheet (I think it was posted some time ago, I'll need to check)
Figure out how canon does i2c (found something already)
Have an headphone monitoring cable on hand (I don't do video so I don't have it, it's secondary as I can blindly try to enable the function and hope it will work)
I think we need a free task in dryos (not sure). This is what I think I solved earlier this week but I'm not sure.
I dont know much but it sounds like its a Lot closer then never! Wow! Keep up the hard work you guys are the best!

Popz3210

Quote from: blade on April 10, 2014, 06:26:40 PM
your question may be considered a troll question. I do however believe that your requested feature is on the wish list of the developers. If you are a developer yourself, please feel free to contribute. A time frame is: its done when its done... could be tomorrow, could be never....

No trolling intended, I was afraid it was going come off as such. I appreciate the work the developers do and if there was a way I could help I would, but I'm in no way a developer and I doubt there would be anything I could contribute. Also thanks for the answer nanomad, half the stuff you've listed I have no clue what you talking about, but that why I'm here... to learn so I'll search the forum for some of this terminology.
Again, it was just curiosity, I just trying to grasp of how this stuff works and how the developers do what they do.  I'll be lucky if I end up understanding 10% of it.

blade

Felipe

About Vol module to adjust it in ML Menu, After extensive recording at 2x bit rate probably that is the reason, the Green , Yellow , Red bars, show up some times and some times not.
Probably that image representation is too demanding, I've seen the Canon 70D meters or Mark 3 Original graphic representation from this level bars is very discreet just like little dots.
Probably to avoid this, and that not considering all the Fantastic functions ML provide over the original camera configuration, like increasing bit rate, zebras and more.
This happened to me several time on manual recording with external mic. Now back again to march 23.
650D-700D

glassescreditsroll

Nautilus

Those who use Sandisk 95mb/s Extreme Pro with 650D, can you please tell me how long can you record raw at 1728x972 before it skips a frame?
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on April 12, 2014, 04:35:13 PM
About Vol module to adjust it in ML Menu, After extensive recording at 2x bit rate probably that is the reason, the Green , Yellow , Red bars, show up some times and some times not.
Probably that image representation is too demanding, I've seen the Canon 70D meters or Mark 3 Original graphic representation from this level bars is very discreet just like little dots.
Probably to avoid this, and that not considering all the Fantastic functions ML provide over the original camera configuration, like increasing bit rate, zebras and more.
This happened to me several time on manual recording with external mic. Now back again to march 23.
Hi, just wondering why you go back as far as March 23rd? The module is just an add on, if it is bugging anything out while using it you can just not load it, why change your bin back to March 23rd, why not use the latest Nightly, it is all up to date? Just don't load the module in modules menu and it wont load or have any affect on ML?

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on April 13, 2014, 12:19:08 AM
Hi, just wondering why you go back as far as March 23rd? The module is just an add on, if it is bugging anything out while using it you can just not load it, why change your bin back to March 23rd, why not use the latest Nightly, it is all up to date? Just don't load the module in modules menu and it wont load or have any affect on ML?
Great you are around, well I think , don't know if is my imagination that the meters , or audio levels graphic representation should be more modest I mean not
with all those colors and that just little dots like the Mark III or 70D , I think and I might be wrong that take a lot of resources. May 23, was where the exp simulation control was adopted
I think the meters and what you have done is great but is sucking a lot of resources. Just my opinion, and that is why when the bit rate goes to 2 or 2.5 , Manual audio external mic gets unstable.
But you are the boss what do you think, why just don't try to replace the color bars by dots, bet will work better, not as pretty but any way this are working tools.
650D-700D

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on April 13, 2014, 03:34:28 AM
Great you are around, well I think , don't know if is my imagination that the meters , or audio levels graphic representation should be more modest I mean not
with all those colors and that just little dots like the Mark III or 70D , I think and I might be wrong that take a lot of resources. May 23, was where the exp simulation control was adopted
I think the meters and what you have done is great but is sucking a lot of resources. Just my opinion, and that is why when the bit rate goes to 2 or 2.5 , Manual audio external mic gets unstable.
But you are the boss what do you think, why just don't try to replace the color bars by dots, bet will work better, not as pretty but any way this are working tools.
Well, the only issue with the meters was that it used 2 tasks, but in the recent updates that was fixed I believe. So nightly should even be better now then they were a week ago.

Meters should work just as they work on the other cameras, they look and work the same on my 550D and 600D, so not sure what you are seeing wrong on yours.

As for resources, sure, the more stuff you have loaded the more resources are being used, they will def just be a user choice which resource they want to kill when they need more.

Nothing really to do with meters, I always kill histobar or histogram in movie because when looking at task % cpu usage from debug menu, that is the one that really makes it go higher.

So I guess it is user choice what to turn off, it can't be blamed on one thing though, its everything that uses resources, just turn off what you don't need when more is needed I guess.

I can't change anything with the meters, I just had them turned on, I did not touch the meter code and can't change anything about it, they are how they are and work good on all my cams, so not sure what is best for you.

Wish I had a better answer, this sound more like a question for the devs I think.

Felipe

Not seeing nothing wrong, in fact ML Meters are so pretty I wish other cameras wil have that type of meters. Just guessing it takes extra resources compared to
dots implemented by Canon and Panasonic. So leading to loosing meters at high bit rates , More exaclty after implementing Vol control module.
Which by the way is a very useful tool for me and deeply regret not to use it but high bit rate is is the holly tool for me.
There are some ML Tools I need always, 1- bit rate to 2 or 2.5, 2- Zebras, 3- LV Digic peaking Slightly sharper, 4- Arrow shortcuts.
LV Digic peaking Slightly sharper because is better for focusing in particular considering that I always use the VAF Filter under the mirror
650D-700D

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on April 13, 2014, 04:32:39 AM
Not seeing nothing wrong, in fact ML Meters are so pretty I wish other cameras wil have that type of meters. Just guessing it takes extra resources compared to
dots implemented by Canon and Panasonic. So leading to loosing meters at high bit rates , More exaclty after implementing Vol control module.
Which by the way is a very useful tool for me and deeply regret not to use it but high bit rate is is the holly tool for me.
There are some ML Tools I need always, 1- bit rate to 2 or 2.5, 2- Zebras, 3- LV Digic peaking Slightly sharper, 4- Arrow shortcuts.
LV Digic peaking Slightly sharper because is better for focusing in particular considering that I always use the VAF Filter under the mirror
We have the same favorites it seems, I have not messed with bitrates though, I was always focused on raw video, but do love the quality of right out of the box canon mov's so I am sure higher bitrates help. Just like the extra quality you get with RAW, to bad theres so many steps in post though.

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on April 13, 2014, 05:38:39 AM
We have the same favorites it seems, I have not messed with bitrates though, I was always focused on raw video, but do love the quality of right out of the box canon mov's so I am sure higher bitrates help. Just like the extra quality you get with RAW, to bad theres so many steps in post though.
It helps a lot when editing and color correcting or aplying effects, as well as image levels.
650D-700D