Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaegersing

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 25, 2014, 07:26:05 AM
Canon menu -> Q -> Select blank field in the middle row, 2nd from left -> SET -> Select AWB -> SET

Hi Walter thanks for the reply. I was going crazy with this, but your instruction about "middle row" helped me solve it. I have been working in Video mode (which is how I use the cam most of the time) so the Q menu has 2 columns and nothing that you would describe as a "middle row". This is where I was unable to set WB to Auto. As soon as I read your post, I decided to check Stills mode and it worked great.

Thanks for your help.

glassescreditsroll

Quote from: Pash0k on March 25, 2014, 10:52:55 AM
Anybody can make a video review of the latest version of ML? Audiometer is already displayed video-mode?  Thanks

I helped mk11174 test the audio meters so he could bring them to the 650d nightlys but they aren't "stable" so now he just updates his download page whenever soemthing he thinks worth having comes out. I can make a video explaining what you have to do to get meters on your 650d to work properly. I use them all the time and I've never had a problem, once you get the hang of it it becomes second nature. I'll try and have the video up by this weekend for you

nanomad

I have the meters patch in my test queue. A video explaining usage would be great
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

mk11174

Quote from: nanomad on March 25, 2014, 06:09:32 PM
I have the meters patch in my test queue. A video explaining usage would be great
What kind of usage do you mean? The patch just turns on the meters in Auto mode, so they work with ML, but once you either go to canon audio menu or record a clip, then the meters switch to whatever mode you have it set to in canon, Auto, Manual or disabled, and then they stay on correctly until you reset camera.

The patch turns them on and the only resets them again when a recording is done or you play a clip or goto canon menu.

Without the patch, if you just activated the meters, they would turn off anytime you played a clip on camera or went to Canon meter menu or finished a recording, and they would stay off.

It is just a way to get the IC going.

It works just fine for anyone that has used the builds with it, a good temp solution until chip is coded.

But if you need video on something else, then that can be done too??
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

nanomad

That is good enough :)

I kinda hate taking attribution for something I didn't do. If you push a PR I'll merge it without hesitations.
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

papkee

I've got a question for nano and anyone else who may be able to help.

I use the histogram display religiously, as well as the zebras (and I'm sure many others do as well) but I've run into an interesting quirk. When I use my Ikan VL5 monitor, the histogram jumps up almost a full stop. Since my monitor is not exactly a SmallHD, it is a bit brighter and not calibrated all too well. But, I want to rely on my histogram and zebras to make sure I'm still in focus and this exposure jump really prevents that from happening.

Where exactly does the camera get its histogram data from? Why does the meter jump up when I plug in my external monitor? This is pretty important, because I've been using the T4i a lot recently for client work and using the built in lcd is not a very professional look.
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

nanomad

I think the histogram in HDMI mode uses the RGB LV data and not the raw one. The RGB data is affected by picture styles and such.

I'll look into it as soon as possible

Regarding the meters patch, it does not apply cleanly. It needs to be fixed agains the current ML code and re-submitted.
You can follow progress here
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/457/650d-700d-maybe-ok-to-turn-back-on-audio

maximehaag

Hi,
Great to see things moving again, lately.
Just wondering, is there still a lot to do before Beta phase ?

Thank you for your work.
Have a nice day.

mk11174

Just to update everyone, nanomad merged in the meter patch I commited so the meters should be in the nightly soon, so you won't have to get the version from my download site anymore!!!  :D

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on March 30, 2014, 01:22:53 PM
Just to update everyone, nanomad merged in the meter patch I commited so the meters should be in the nightly soon, so you won't have to get the version from my download site anymore!!!  :D
Finally, Please let us know the happy moment
650D-700D

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on March 30, 2014, 01:36:06 PM
Finally Please let us know the happy moment
Should be in this next nightly.

edge11

Tonights nighly
(2014-04-01 17:55:12 -0700)
doesn't load for me, any one having the same problem?

glassescreditsroll

Meters came out on the 30th nightly

glassescreditsroll

Quote from: edge11 on April 02, 2014, 07:51:36 AM
Tonights nighly

Mine installed and everything is working just fine

Felipe

Quote from: glassescreditsroll on April 02, 2014, 09:33:19 AM
Mine installed and everything is working just fine

Not only works fine works perfect because manual sound was fixed and now auto and manual is perfect
650D-700D

i love street

Quote from: edge11 on April 02, 2014, 07:51:36 AM
Tonights nighly

It's my first ML instal myself. I'm just reading the nightly forums because April fools jitters. I've downloaded everything from this step by step & compared the files with latest night. I already noticed forum posts stating that you have to have the original nightly instal to get the latest nightly to instal if I'm reading the blogs and forums correctly.

I'll post back later if my instal goes well.

From what I've read, this is for the original instal of ML nightly.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7473.0

--------------------------
lego camera with custom retro fit star-wars mods

i love street

Just installed everything as per the forum's & blogs suggest, starting from the first release & then just manually deleted the ML files & replaced the ML files on the SD card with the latest nightly release & all systems go.

I did notice the EOScard 1.40 was able to remove the old ML files it seems but didn't test it. Also, looks like you can run different ML release depending on what files you have on *each SD card. I was not aware I had to have the ML files on all my SD cards, pretty cool if you want to work with out ML or something.

--------------------------
lego camera + ML with custom retro fit star-wars mods

glassescreditsroll

I already said my thanks but I've been using the anamorphic preview a lot lately and I just really want to thank the devs for bringing it to the 650d wow I wasn't using my anamorpihic because it was a pain to focus with the stretch but I am filming nothing but anamorphic now and I'm in love! Thanks so much!

glassescreditsroll

Hey everyone I was wondering if anything has been changed with the whole bitrate hack? I can easily record x3.0 bitrate WITH sound 1920x1080 24fps onto a sandisk extreme 80mbps card with no problems with playback on camera and no buffer fill up dose anyone else shoot with higher bitrates? Does it effect anything or is it still one of the ML features that hasn't quite been figured out yet?

blade

just a shout out to the devs...  its nice to see so much active development. I use ML 100% of my shooting, and (almost) everything is 100% stable. Best alpha i have ever tested. Its clear from that activity on this tread that there are almost no issues. Props!

Keep up the work, if there is any additional stuff i can help with ( i will keep moderating these treads) you know how to find me! 
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

Nautilus

Quote from: blade on April 04, 2014, 07:00:39 AM
just a shout out to the devs...  its nice to see so much active development. I use ML 100% of my shooting, and (almost) everything is 100% stable. Best alpha i have ever tested. Its clear from that activity on this tread that there are almost no issues. Props!

Keep up the work, if there is any additional stuff i can help with ( i will keep moderating these treads) you know how to find me!

There are issues. Check the first post.
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

blade

Quote from: Nautilus on April 04, 2014, 01:18:46 PM
There are issues. Check the first post.

I am aware of the bugs, and other stuff that is not working 100%, but please consider that this an alpha build...
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

Nyte

Whoa, audio meters, finally! Can't wait to test it out!
Canon 650D/T4i - Nifty Fifty/Plastic Fantastic

mk11174

Quote from: Nyte on April 05, 2014, 10:14:53 PM
Whoa, audio meters, finally! Can't wait to test it out!
Might be of use to you or someone else, read from this post: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5951.msg110386#msg110386

glassescreditsroll

Mk11174 that link was def worth reading! Your module works on the 650d and also fixes the issue with having to go to canon menus before seeing the right meters! I set my gain to 1 step in ML  wich Is what i have in the canon menus and when I turn my cam off and on the meters still show the correct meters without having to open canon menus or record a small clip this is great!