Canon 650D 1.0.1 [Status: Alpha / OBSOLETE]

Started by nanomad, June 09, 2013, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blade

I have moved the pink dot removal tool of Foorgol to a new topic ( I hope I got all the posts).

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6658.0

It is a very nice tool and I believe it deserves its own tread. Additional it does not directly relates to this alpha release.

Kind regards
Blade

eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

foorgol

Quote from: blade on June 20, 2013, 11:10:37 AM
I have moved the pink dot removal tool of Foorgol to a new topic ( I hope I got all the posts).

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6658.0

Hi Blade, that's certainly a good idea... in fact I already started getting a bad feeling about spamming this thread with the tool posts :)

Thanks for moving all the posts and see you on the other side in the other thread!

spider

Quote from: Sandsnor on June 17, 2013, 09:41:43 PM
Errh... Switched SD card to my new sanDisk 95mb/s to try it out. While setting up some of my preferences, At "FPS override" i chose 65 fps just for fun. A few seconds later the screen froze and now the camera won't boot ???.

Did i just brick it?  :-\
Is there any new information why the camera bricked?

midnite

i have asked this here 2nd page: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5780.0

but some of you may not see it so i've copied my quiestion also here:

"Okay, i have managed to record my raw videos. i tested my 650d with 2 sd cards.

First one was a toshiba exceria 16gb 30mb/sec write speed. it recorded 1280x580 or something (not remember exactly) quite well. but for 26secs.

Second one was a Sony Sd card with 45mb/sec write speed. and i managed to record 1280x640 without frame skipping for 26 seconds again. after that camera shutted itself off. and i tried 1280x720 and it was going well for 7-9 seconds after that frame skipping started and if i remember correctly it skipped 13frames and recorded near ~400.

so i think the first problem is with the buffer size, yes? because after 26-27 seconds the camera shuts itself down..."

kostasra

I have a second card and there I had pass the program ...
I did format the card and I had to transfer data!
Well since bought a new means of transfers tried to transfer the program again on the card!
Well after I've done hard format I tried to boot the card with the EOScard.exe but keep getting message that the path can not be found  :o
Unfortunately doesn't work and the camera whenever I put this card!
The card works fine and I can see on the computer and can pass files, but can't pass the ml or to have it as second card...

:-[
Canon 650d with 18-135mm is STM and 50mm f/1.8 II
Flickr account

liberty hound

Hey guys, I'm quite new to ML. I had it working on my t4i with firmware 1.0.1 but when I updated to 1.0.4 it stopped working. Can anyoe tell me how to make it work with the new firmware if possible...Thanks so much

blade

Quote from: liberty hound on June 21, 2013, 01:39:35 PM
Hey guys, I'm quite new to ML. I had it working on my t4i with firmware 1.0.1 but when I updated to 1.0.4 it stopped working. Can anyoe tell me how to make it work with the new firmware if possible...Thanks so much

The current version is NOT compatible with firmware 1.0.4. I expect that it will work in the future. For now, if you want ML, do not upgrade. ML will check what FW you are running and will therefor not start if the wrong FW is found. The developers just do not know what canon changed and will have to spend time on it.
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

liberty hound

Thanx for your quick reply Blade.. I'm really looking forward to the update.. Where is the best place to keep checking when it's out? Also, how do I make a donation ?

Paper_Kitten

I'm next to start using ML with my 650D but i have (silly) doubt. Is the 1.0.1 the firmware to install ML? i've read this whole thread and i didn't find any mention except that it shouldn't be installed on firmware 1.0.4 (and one mention that it worked on 1.0.1 a pair of posts ago). i just wanted to be sure before starting with it.

thanks for your amazing hard work!

Stevenbaril

Before I install this build, can anyone tell me if the Exposure Menu is working on it? I'm mainly interested in the ISO settings. Thanks

dngrhm

Quote from: Paper_Kitten on June 21, 2013, 02:17:29 PM
I'm next to start using ML with my 650D but i have (silly) doubt. Is the 1.0.1 the firmware to install ML? i've read this whole thread and i didn't find any mention except that it shouldn't be installed on firmware 1.0.4 (and one mention that it worked on 1.0.1 a pair of posts ago). i just wanted to be sure before starting with it.

thanks for your amazing hard work!
Yes, 1.0.1 is the current Canon firmware that ML is compatible with. Use that.
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

dngrhm

Quote from: midnite on June 21, 2013, 08:18:23 AM
because after 26-27 seconds the camera shuts itself down..."
This sounds more like the normal functioning of the Canon firmware.  The Auto-off feature turns the camera of if you don't use it for 30 seconds (like when you don't take a picture in photo mode).  I think taking RAW video doesn't look to the Canon firmware that you are doing anything. It looks to the firmware like you are just sitting there with liveview running.

Try setting the the Auto-off time in the Canon Menu to something longer than the video you want to take.  I think there are options like 5 or 30 minutes.  I wouldn't disable it unless you need a video longer than the longest time.  I don't know which column it is in. you'll have to browse the menu.  likely one of the wrenches.
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8

midnite

Quote from: dngrhm on June 21, 2013, 03:55:49 PM
This sounds more like the normal functioning of the Canon firmware.  The Auto-off feature turns the camera of if you don't use it for 30 seconds (like when you don't take a picture in photo mode).  I think taking RAW video doesn't look to the Canon firmware that you are doing anything. It looks to the firmware like you are just sitting there with liveview running.

Try setting the the Auto-off time in the Canon Menu to something longer than the video you want to take.  I think there are options like 5 or 30 minutes.  I wouldn't disable it unless you need a video longer than the longest time.  I don't know which column it is in. you'll have to browse the menu.  likely one of the wrenches.

That was a clever answer. how stupid i am ;D ;D. now i'M trying it! thanks!

Edit: SUCCESS! i can record raw 1280x640 as long as i like. better res than this skips frames.

dreamARTz

Quote from: midnite on June 21, 2013, 04:24:30 PM

Edit: SUCCESS! i can record raw 1280x640 as long as i like. better res than this skips frames.
HOW?
Canon EOS 650D 18-55mm kit + canon usm 55-200mm + canon 50mm 1.4

dngrhm

Quote from: dreamARTz on June 21, 2013, 05:35:19 PM
HOW?
How to record raw?  Use the latest build, load modules, setup RAW recording in the video menu

How to record raw at that resolution? Use a fast card (45 MB/s or higher) and 24p

How to record raw for that duration? make sure your camera doesn't shut itself off, use a resolution and frame rate your SD card can keep up with.  There may be a 4GB (2GB?) file size limit if you are not using exFAT.

kostasra

No one have any idea about  Reply #254  :-[
Flickr account

dngrhm

Quote from: kostasra on June 21, 2013, 12:53:30 PM
I have a second card and there I had pass the program ...
I did format the card and I had to transfer data!
Well since bought a new means of transfers tried to transfer the program again on the card!
Well after I've done hard format I tried to boot the card with the EOScard.exe but keep getting message that the path can not be found  :o
Unfortunately doesn't work and the camera whenever I put this card!
The card works fine and I can see on the computer and can pass files, but can't pass the ml or to have it as second card...

:-[
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking... seems like translator issue maybe.  I think you are wanting to put ML on a second card.  It also sounds like you have a new card reader maybe.

You need EOSCard to properly set the BOOTFLAG on the card.  If that doesn't work, ML will not run.  Path not found means it is likely trying to access the wrong drive.  Check My Computer for where your SD card is mounted (which drive letter).  Make sure that that drive letter is selected in EOSCard.  You may need to restart EOSCard if it has been running before you put the SD card in the reader.

Otherwise it should be just like the setup in first post on this thread.  Just without the camera setup steps.

demetrisag

Quote from: kostasra on June 21, 2013, 06:29:45 PM
No one have any idea about  Reply #254  :-[

1. Put the card in the camera and do a low lever format
2. Copy the latest ML build in the card, also dont forget to copy the 650D-safe-dumper.fir
3. After you copied those files run the eoscard.exe and select a) eos_develop b) boodisk and save. Also refresh just to make sure both are chosen.

After that you should be fine.

kostasra

If i put the card in the camera the camera doesn't work .....

And to power on after that the camera i put out the battery and i put my second card and then works!
Flickr account

kostasra

Quote from: demetrisag on June 21, 2013, 07:16:03 PM
1. Put the card in the camera and do a low lever format
2. Copy the latest ML build in the card, also dont forget to copy the 650D-safe-dumper.fir
3. After you copied those files run the eoscard.exe and select a) eos_develop b) boodisk and save. Also refresh just to make sure both are chosen.

After that you should be fine.

I did but again doesn't work  ???
Flickr account

dngrhm

Quote from: kostasra on June 21, 2013, 07:26:49 PM
If i put the card in the camera the camera doesn't work .....

And to power on after that the camera i put out the battery and i put my second card and then works!

Have you had ML work for you before?  Does the second card have ML? Both the camera and the card have to have the boot flag enabled.  The camera via the firmware update .fir and the card via EOSCard.  You want to do the EOSCard step BEFORE moving the ML files to the SD card.  If EOSCard writes any files to the card, you should remove them.  Remove anything that isn't under the DCIM and MISC folder (I think those are the two default folders).  Then write your ML autoexec.bin and ML folder to the SD card.

EDIT: also are you using the Satriani build or compiling your own?

kostasra

I had the program but took it to be hard reset to the card from my pc!

Now when i put the card in my camera the camera doesn't work...

The camera doesn't work only with this card!

When i put out this card ,must be put out and the battery, and then i put other card , put the battery and then the camera power on.
Flickr account

kostasra

I can't believe it!!!
I made hard reset the card with other operation win 64 and finally the card works very well!
Flickr account

dngrhm

Quote from: kostasra on June 21, 2013, 07:39:43 PM
I had the program but took it to be hard reset to the card from my pc!

Now when i put the card in my camera the camera doesn't work...

The camera doesn't work only with this card!

When i put out this card ,must be put out and the battery, and then i put other card , put the battery and then the camera power on.
Try holding the SET button down when you start the camera.  If your camera starts this way, do a low level format of the card removing ML from the card. Then reinstall ML on the SD card.

If the camera doesn't start with SET held down, try putting ML on the card again and try the above again.

EDIT: Great glad you got it to work

nanomad

For the record, you had the card bootflag on. Run EOSCard to remove it or else the camera won't boot (check ML FAQs)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5