Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfort

As long as we're moving off topic:

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 12, 2019, 06:49:32 PM
My 650D won't work with Dual-ISO without tweaking a value which works perfectly well on other 650Ds.

Happens with some 700D's too. For the new crop_rec settings, these two cameras are so similar it might just be a matter of using the registers we already found on the 700D on the 650D and Bob's your uncle.

aulden

Danne! Tried out your newest build with the 4k anamorphic rewire - Does that mean that the live view will match the framing, you see realtime what you get? If so i cant get it to work. Any tips? The regular 1080p MCM rewire works perfectly though. Thanks!

ctfire

Try the last build 4k anamorphic rewire awesome but framming in real-time is taking the top of the frame , it will be cool if there is some possobility to make it more centered.

baladev

Danne

I did some more testing to try to establish some pattern in pink frames.

Used your latest preset 4k Anamorphic rewired @14bit, 16:9, 1120x1890 res.

1 In LV with GD on I got this
clip 1 1m30s - 10 pink frames
clip 2 1m12s - 13 pink frames
clip 3 1m7s - 10 pink frames
clip 4 23s - 4 pink frames

2 In LV with Kill GD on I got
clip 1 1m30s - 0 pink frames
clip 2 54s - 0 pink frames
clip 3 50s - 0 pink frames
clip 4 50s - 0 pink frames

I also ran tests with your 5k anamorphic preset. With Kill GD enabled, out of 10 clips I only got 3 pink frames in the first one (maybe some settings didn't update correctly?), all other were pink frame free.

Not sure if this info is of any value, but could it be that GD somehow contributes to PF effect?

Another thing I noticed is that in 5K preset video 'jerks' often. After watching clips for a while I started noticing that it happens when the camera changed direction of movement. I think it might be related to IS not working properly in this preset? In 4k preset I didn't notice any jerkiness. Sorry if this is known or has already been discussed.

Danne

Kill global draw is there for the reason giving som more overhead.  No more tests needed since those issues are already stated many times. Run 2.35:1 for pf free frames.
A helping test is if you could refine your preset tests by changing the regs I pointed to before and compare results.

henricusmaria

Quote from: 2blackbar on April 03, 2019, 02:35:18 AM

I use mv1080p and then crop.This creates moire/aliasing free footage much more details than mov h264 and colours you never suspected this camera could capture.

What is the difference with using only movie crop mode (without mv1080p). Or do you use mcm rewire?

Pacerx999

Hi Danne,

Got the latest build (11 April) and saw the 4K anamorphic rewire.

Just wondering if this preset was hooked up yet to get a real-time, proper framed preview.

I'm well aware that it's probably a long shot, but I got excited when I saw the preset name.

If it is hooked up, could you share some working settings as I could manage to get a good preview without framing on, which is similar to previous builds/presets.

Not trying to be demanding, just got excited by the name. If there's something to help test:try just let me know.

Thanks

berechiah

Quote from: henricusmaria on April 14, 2019, 08:03:02 PM
What is the difference with using only movie crop mode (without mv1080p). Or do you use mcm rewire?

Yes I'd like to know too

AF-OFF

This is the difference
First picture shows the 2.5k preset
Second picture shows modified 4k anamorphic preset
Lens used was a mount-c 12.5mm f1.7
With the first one no continuous rec, but with the other

Thanks to Danne, used the recent build
2464x1418

I apologize for the motive, this is 960x1900

2blackbar

Quote from: henricusmaria on April 14, 2019, 08:03:02 PM
Quote from: berechiah on April 15, 2019, 07:29:21 PM

Yes I'd like to know too
Now i use rewire mode cause i had problems removing focus pixels, higher resolutions in anamorphic mode will give you lot less aliasing.

rev787

I wonder if this gets mentioned in the thread. If I boot in anamorphic mode, the live view first shows up in seems correct aspect ratio, and then after about one second it gets stretched.

henricusmaria

Quote from: 2blackbar on April 16, 2019, 02:01:05 PM
Now i use rewire mode cause i had problems removing focus pixels, higher resolutions in anamorphic mode will give you lot less aliasing.
Mv1080 rewire gives me way too much aliasing. Is there a difference between just moviecrop mode and mv1080 with moviecrop mode?

2blackbar

marcelolippi

I am using the 9 April night version, in 4.5k the 1502 x 1920 resolution has disappeared for some reason? The 14bit lossless data rate with correct exposure amounts to more than 70MBs, using ettr 90 or more of it ... right so? I'm working with sandisk pro 170 card in reading, the maximum speed at which I arrive is 55 and maximum 60/61, someone else has the same results? Thank you

MrIndieJ

Is there any way to center the live view after running the included script? When looking at the live view, I only see about the top half of the framing preview. It's not a problem if in static shots, because I'm able to use the framing preview and then just hit record. But when I'm trying to film moving shots or frame my dogs in a shot, I can't ever get the shot I want due to the way the live view only shows the top half of what is being recorded. Am I doing something wrong?

baladev

Gentlemen, please read this thread starting with page 71 post 1765 to familiarize yourself with the limitations/quirks/oddities of ML implementation on the EOS M. Answers to most of your questions contain there. I'm doing exactly that the 2nd time now to fill in the gaps I missed the 1st time :)

henricusmaria

Quote from: 2blackbar on April 16, 2019, 11:27:03 PM
Just test it and compare

I don't see a difference that is why I asked if you had a reason to use mv1080 with moviecrop. Maybe you had a reason..

theBilalFakhouri

@henricusmaria

Normal mv1080 has stretched LiveView, mv1080 with Move Crop mode rewire has correct real-time LiveView.

Consider using the latest build from Danne, some of previous build has Extreme Moire when using MCM rewire, in the newest ones the problem has been fixed.

2blackbar

I see now in recent build realtime preview looks properly alligned like "Framing" preview.Great work Danne!

marcelolippi

I'm confused, what are the statistically more stable resolutions that allow me to record continuously with a real-time display at least in black and white? Due to lossless compression I find that the bit rate increases up to 60% more, you have the same result?

Danne

Run the cinema lua script. All presets should then be lossless. If you also enable Kill global draw in RAW video menu chances increases even more. If this isn't working, check your card. Should be able to pass 55mb/s write speed.

marcelolippi

Great Danne, my card arrive at 60/61-2 MBs. unfortunately with the high resolutions as soon as I exposed the signal correctly the bit rate rises to 80/90 MBs

Danne

Then you probably didn't run the lua script. Please do a screen recording of what you're doing otherwise since a lot of information is missing now.

marcelolippi

Danne

Still need to see from start to finish with a clean build what's going on. Also, what's the exact name and spec of your sd card?