ArcziPL's crop_rec_4k experiments for 70D

Started by ArcziPL, March 07, 2019, 10:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kytai90

Tks, It worked and with resolution available now, 165hz is enough and stable.

Walter Schulz

I don't get "resolution available now" bit. You most certainly have resolutions available requiring amounts of bandwidth not possible with 240 MHz.
Here is an incomplete list of cards compatible with highest oc mode:
https://wiki.magiclantern.fm/cards_240mhz

kytai90

Ah I mean the  full hd and 2.5k (5x zoom) 11bit lossless is ok with 165hz.
I have read that thread, then buy e samsung evo plus 256gb using on eos m which is ok with 240hz.
On canon 70d I use a 64gb extreme (no pro) which is just stable with 165hz.
Also, May I ask, at update status thread by kitor, He said that the "ultra fast frame preview" is possible with models not support by crop mood.
Mean 70d is ok with that, right?

Walter Schulz

Ehm ... not yet.
It should work but needs someone to work on it.

kytai90

Hi every one  and who's considering a 70d for Magic Lantern. 70d does shoot raw in 60fps and in a good resolution (need strect for post)

Here is what I found

Result:

It took about 60MB/s.

Swear to god, I've search forum for this features on 70d many times, found people said that It can't (years ago) or they said that 60fps is not with raw. Also, I see no updates recently, then today I try and see the result. I need 60fps to learn shooting on my gimbal , now my camera has Autofocus and 60fps and Raw and mounted on a gimbal LOL. 
Please correct me if Iam wrong or day dreaming

Walter Schulz

Would you please so kind to rescale your pics according to forum rules? Thanks!

You are kind of right. But it comes with some disadvantage:
You are in "5x3" (720p) mode. Means: 3 horizontal pixels are binned. But only every 5th horizonal line is scanned. This method is called line skipping.
In standard 1080p mode Canon uses 3x3: 3 horizontal pixels are binned. (Same as 720p). But only every 3rd line is scanned.
That is why frames have to be stretched by 1.67 = 5/3.

5x3 means footage is prone to aliasing. Please compare footage and you will see why most videographers are not using this mode.

Further reading: https://wiki.magiclantern.fm/glossary#pixel_binning and linked https://wiki.magiclantern.fm/pixel_binning

kytai90

I did a test , Like you said, it's easy to spot moires , especially on metal increase sharpness will help a little bit. I want more fps because Iam learning to create clip with slow movement ,main subject will be Interior designs.
Hope Dev find a way to increase FPS (40fps/48fps) as well as less moire. With 70d sensor and a sharp lens (sigma) iam sastified with FHD resolution.

Also, I find some post and clip showing adjust timer A (FPS override>advance) for a lower fps from 30fps to 22fps or lower in crop mode, May I ask there is any number to adjust on timer A to reduce 60fps to 48fps or 40fps on this mode.