Canon 100D / SL1

Started by nikfreak, October 19, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clivewattsrsa

Quote from: ym on October 31, 2015, 01:45:09 PM

My 100d was bought from Japan(kiss x7), use ml 100a and 100b both fail install(Please try installing ML for 100d 10AA/10AB), hope the new version can works fine!
Anyway thanks for your hard work! and sorry for my poor English.

You probably have the 100C version. This version will probably be supported in the future. You can help by making a dump of the firmware and privately hosting this somewhere for nikfreak to take a look at sometime if he has the time.
100D.100C?

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

xenupy

Just to confim the issue... No long exposures with Exp. Override ON...

this is a problem to fine tune things...

Silverleapers

Just loaded the "B" version. Going through features and will update with full proper report (and video of issues if needed) soon. In the meantime,some color static on menu page, can't seem to get focus peaking to work with 55-250 STM lens when manual mode switched on the lens (also boots me out of the focus peaking sub menu very fast on occasion and can only access submenu via Av button), but maybe it is just my lack of knowledge of ML? (Update, suddenly working now after turning camera off for the first time??). Now, no magic zoom (with everything else in that menu turned off, tried various triggers, nothing??). 3X crop mode works well. Full report soon. THANKS NIKFREAK!
650D/KissX6/T4i (japanese version), 100D/SL1 (Canadian version), many canon and some sigma lenses.

spha

I just downloaded ML on my 100D100A, and after reading the forums it doesn't look or seem like anyone else is having problems like me, I can't seem to get focus peaking or magic zoom to work.  They don't seem to work independently or with focus peaking, zebras, and magic zoom turned on all together.  The only feature that seems to work of the three at all is zebras, and zebras doesn't work when I try to run all 3 or even 2 at the same time.  Is this happening to anybody else?  And is it my SD card?  I'm using an SDHC 32GB Class 10 30MB/s card. 

Luigi_xp

From what i've tested, most features seem to work well.
The only problems I found:

Focus peaking only works on high resolution mode (which is not very good on low-light conditions);
Magic zoom isn't working at all;
Viewing a MLV and exiting the viewer crashes the camera sometimes.

Thanks for the port. Hope to see it progressing.
100D.100A

Rootleaf

Hi there!

I created this account just to say FANTASTIC JOB!! I have always dreamed of fokus peaking and filming in RAW etc etc. I was first disappointed with my 100D, because it didn't had everything I thought it would have (also my mistake, should have done more research before I bought it).

Anyway, I WAS only supposed to say thank you to the people working on ML for the Canon 100D but at this moment I tried to play with the ML software and I got this weird message when I try to film in RAW. It says "Frame skipping. Stopped."

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwzQKT5lsWFGVXhPQlhBTXl1ZUk/view?usp=sharing

Again, thank you! And keep up the good work  :D

Walter Schulz

Frame skipping occurs if cam's internal buffer is filled.
Cam's limit in writing is about 40 MByte/s. Card's limit can be determined by
Debug tab -> Benchmarks -> Card R/W benchmark (5 min). Press Play button after starting benchmark.
And you have to use ExFAT filesystem on your card.

Quailman

I installed the latest build about a week ago and have been playing with it for a while. I was mainly interested in the intervalometer function for time-lapse photography. The firmware seems to work well for the most part but I did run into an issue with my memory card.

I'm guessing it's just a coincidence but it looks like the card has failed since I installed the firmware. The camera won't turn on with the card in and if I leave the card in overnight the battery completely drains. It looks like there's an internal short in the card. I'm guessing the power supply circuit in the card failed and transistors are shorting to ground now.

Probably just a coincidence but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has had a similar problem. The camera works fine with a different card installed.

Walter Schulz

You shall *not* (as in never) keep a ML enabled card in a cam not starting up with that card inserted.
Most likely there was some task running all the time draining the battery. Power off won't work properly. You have to remove battery on such occasions.

Remove battery, remove card. Now format card in cardreader, format again in cam, copy alpha build contents to card and run firmware update again.
Results?

Felipe

No problems with card , Using Delkin read 90 write 45, no battery drain either, ML ok. a few bugs, but totally usable
650D-700D

DeafEyeJedi

Everyone's still experiencing (or at least aware of) the MLV playback on Liveview's bug with Alpha-1a, right?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

tone503773

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on November 06, 2015, 06:44:02 AM
Everyone's still experiencing (or at least aware of) the MLV playback on Liveview's bug with Alpha-1a, right?

I see the frame indicator going up but no picture
Canon 100D.100A

fzn

Hey. Thanks a lot for your work, It's my first time using ML.

I think i spotted an issue with silent.mo (maybe related to my sd-card, a 32GB Transcend 90MB/s 600x class 10 SDHC [benchmarking it ATM]):

Quite a few things can hang the camera as the image is being saved, with the SD activity led blinking quite a lot.
Best shots, Slit-scan, "Burst- End Trigger" (after variable number of frames saved)
Best shots seems to hang whilst comparing the pictures, actually.

Trying to view those raws using the built-in picture viewer also provokes the same kind of hangs, though they look right (save for focus pixels) with mlrawviewer.
Canon 100D.100A

nikfreak

FYI: I am working on 100D.100C support. It's (hopefully) almost done but I might needs some additional days to get it completed. Source is as always visible on my bitbucket repo. Once that's done I'll pick up job on bug fixing and release a new version for all three firmware revisions.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

JotaPe96

@nikfreak
I just registered in this forum to thank you for your amazing work! I was waiting for magic lantern to the canon 100d for almost 2 years! Hope you can get it perfect and solve all the bugs quickly. Anyway, you have already made an awesome job in this! thanks man  :D
100D.100A

brunomm

Hi everybody,

Just a quick thanks to @nikfreak, for not giving up on ML for 100D

I love analog pics, but i gotta hand it to digital moving pictures! And what great cinematic wanna be home movies does 100D make, for such a tiny budget!

thanks

ykayanet

I installed but there is no audio menu. I turn off the audio gain control.

tone503773

Quote from: ykayanet on November 09, 2015, 12:25:02 AM
I installed but there is no audio menu. I turn off the audio gain control.

The audio controls has not been implemented yet(I'm waiting for the audio controls as well). Nikfreak is focusing on the stability of ML before adding all the features. 
Canon 100D.100A

Kareivis

Hi, i have unfortunatly Canon 100d-100c. So i am waiting for your release.
Have you got paypal of something like that to do a donation?
Thanks Nikfreak

ykayanet

Quote from: tone503773 on November 09, 2015, 02:33:03 AM
The audio controls has not been implemented yet(I'm waiting for the audio controls as well). Nikfreak is focusing on the stability of ML before adding all the features. 
thanks tone503773

nikfreak

errrm... the only audio features digic5 cams actually support are mlv_snd-module and audio meters. don't expect any other audio feature working please. If you want audio controls do a forum search.

ykayanet

Quote from: nikfreak on November 10, 2015, 09:03:07 PM
errrm... the only audio features digic5 cams actually support are mlv_snd-module and audio meters. don't expect any other audio feature working please. If you want audio controls do a forum search.
thanks nikfreak...

nikfreak

Here's the next update for A&B users:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9Mu66yg5QzRd3hvRFdrZWtCUlk&usp=sharing

See linked source on 1st page for all changes. First post will be updated l8er.

Note regarding 100D.100C: I put quite some efforts in bringing you ML. Fir installer works, Qemu boots but ML on cam has probs and I have no possibility to check myself what's going on. Also got stuck in PM communications regarding C test builds. Guess it's better to make ML stable with A&B and once that's achieved I might reconsider work on C.

Felipe

Great nikfreak, camera feels more stable in every respect.
Under my workflow the missing or bugs I've found :

1- Missing short cut arrows in video mode
2- This got much better, but a very few times, artifacts on black background from ML Menu in live view
3- Cropmarks on play flickers

Audio meters are working fine now
650D-700D