Author Topic: Canon 1100D / T3  (Read 866975 times)

Walter Schulz

• Contributor
Re: Canon 1100D / T3
« Reply #1550 on: September 18, 2020, 07:58:55 AM »
And here we go again:
Top of page -> Downloads -> Downloads (dropdown menu) -> Experiments -> Latest Lua updates + fixes
After installing:
Prefs tab -> PowerSave in LiveView -> 30-minute timer Disabled

rosenand

• Just arrived
Re: Canon 1100D / T3
« Reply #1551 on: Yesterday at 10:18:18 PM »
Hello. After installing magiclantern-Nightly.2018Jul03.1100D105 and searching through the user guide, forums, Google, and of course ML menu itself, I'm still at a loss whether it's possible to achieve the following (and if so, how) with 1100D:

1A. Record cropped video (1:1 sensor-video ratio, like the 640x480 crop mode in 550D, as opposed to recording with the whole sensor and then downsampling)
1B. (If the above is not possible) Record in 5x digital zoom Live View mode WITHOUT a computer connection. According to this article, recording in 5x Live View mode is "close enough" for imaging planets (which is what I'm going for). I don't understand how "close to 1:1 sampling" is acceptable (I'd imagine it has to be exact) but I'd still like to try it. I know normally this is done with a computer connection, but it's not possible for me, so I wonder if with ML it's possible to record this way directly to the SD card.
2. Record RAW video

I apologize if it looks like I didn't RTFM or search, as it seems that all of this should be obvious, but I did look at the features comparison matrix and the current raw recording modules topic and it doesn't seem like any of these functions are available for this camera model (I certainly don't see any of the relevant modules in the ML menu). Should I download the Lua build? It's newer but seems to contain fixes, not extra features.

I'd appreciate any help, thank you in advance.

Regards,
Andrew