Canon 100D / SL1

Started by nikfreak, October 19, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IDA_ML

If the battery gets too hot, this means that its internal resistance is too high, so the battery needs replacement.  This usually happens at the end of the battery's life.  I wouldn't worry too much about card or camera getting too hot but a battery with a fairly high internal resistance can transfer heat to the card and camera body. 

Original Canon batteries are quite good w.r.t. low internal resistance but they are very expensive too.  Please google replacement batteries for the 100D and buy batteries that have been bougth by many people.  I bought a tetra pack several years ago for my 100D videos and have been quite happy with them.  Never had an overheating problem but I rarely film continuous video. 

Wlad81

I think it is the controller that hots a lot. Because the SD card is warmer than the battery.
Canon EOS 5D Mk III + Canon 24-105 F/4 L IS USM + SanDisk Exreme Pro 64 GB (SD, ML Nightly.2021Feb07.5D3113) + SanDisk Extreme Pro 128 GB (CF).

iliush

My bad experience with heating, finish with a dead camera. Meybe the cause was my lack in how to work with ML. In that specific case, the resurrection came with changing the card with a new one, with ML on it. The old card was later recognised by the SanDisk recovery program.

Mobet

Hey, my live view screen is lagging and not all the option appear (enabling raw), im in manual mode.
Is it possible because im using ultra sd instead of extreme?

Walter Schulz

No.
Lagging: Restore ML to factory defaults and retry.
Missing options: Which one? Screen snapshot, please!

BTS53

Hey Guys,

When i loan the firmware on the camera it says it is expecting a canon 100D with 100B firmware.. see pic attached.

I have the latest ML and Canon firmware so im not sure what Im misisng, Please help :)

Appreciate the site and what you are doing.

Im trying to use my 100D (SL1) with clean HDMI for live streaming, thats how I found ML.

Cheers
BT

Walter Schulz

Reinstall firmware 1.0.1 using the file linked in
Top of page -> Downloads -> Download Nightly Builds -> Builds in progress -> 100D / Rebel SL1 -> Installation -> Item 1
and retry.

yokashin

Quote from: Wlad81 on May 23, 2020, 09:07:29 PM
I think it is the controller that hots a lot. Because the SD card is warmer than the battery.

Once my 70d with ML installed broke. The service has repaired. I charged the batteries and inserted the sd card without installing the ML on the camera. In the morning the camera wouldn't turn on ... It turned out that the battery was dead. After charging the battery, I noticed when I left the camera hot from the battery. I sent back to the site. There was no damage or excessive power draw to my battery. I delivered my sd card. It turned out that the sd controller draws electricity. Everything returned to normal after the card format. Apparently, there are some small files on the sd card ... When you collect too many of them, the controller does not manage to read them even with the camera turned off ... I got this information on the Canon website.
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

canneloni

Since Bitbucket changed to Git, the links to the builds for 100D don't work anymore. I looked in dannes  Repo but couldn't find a download link. Since I'm on the road I won't be able to compile it myself.

Is there a download link somewhere which I didn't see?
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

Walter Schulz

Have you tried the Internet Archive Wayback Machine?

Cipolippo

Quote from: canneloni on September 20, 2020, 06:22:50 PM
Since Bitbucket changed to Git, the links to the builds for 100D don't work anymore. I looked in dannes  Repo but couldn't find a download link. Since I'm on the road I won't be able to compile it myself.

Is there a download link somewhere which I didn't see?

Please... :)

yokashin

https://web.archive.org/web/20200717085052/https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_100D_2020Jan19.100D101.zip

https://web.archive.org/web/20200717085052/https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

seiks

Successfully installed ML on my SL1 and have clean HDMI out. But is there not setting to stop the camera from auto shutting down liveview after a few minutes? Was hoping I am missing something. Thx much!

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Downloads (drop down menu) -> Experiments -> Latest Lua updates + fixes
After installation
Prefs tab -> PowerSave in LiveView -> 30-minute timer Disable

seiks

Thx so much. Almost there. Is there a way to prevent the image from getting cropped? It HDMI output has a black frame around it on all four sides.

Walter Schulz

ATM: Sorry, nothing ML can do about it!

NatJones

Hi Everyone, I know this thread is a bit dead, but I am new to Magic Lantern and trying to get it working. I'm not sure where the SL1/100D build currently sits.

I am looking for clean HDMI for video. I have ML loaded but can't seem to get get a solid, clean signal into OBS on Mac. When I do get the ML screens up over the link, I get a split second of clean video, then the ML menu continuously pops back up several times, eventually, the shutter closes and video turns off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Walter Schulz

You read reply #1813?

theBilalFakhouri

Looking for 100D updates?

Consider reading this:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=26250.msg238692#msg238692

I am trying to port to 100D:
-"4.5K/4.3K/4K/UHD 1x3" with real-time correct preview presets as in 700D which are the equivalent to "5K anamohpic frtp" on EOS M.
-3K 2.35:1 3072x1308 1:1, 2.5K 16:9 2560x1440p 1:1 modes.
-1920x1280p 1:1 with real-time correct preview.

-Also some more things:
Bilal's crop_rec_4k experiments for 650D / 700D (T4i / T5i)

theBilalFakhouri

DeafEyeJedi

Thanks for this @theBilalFakhouri and I'll definitely get around on the 100D for testing/reporting.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109