Canon 100D / SL1

Started by nikfreak, October 19, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felipe

650D-700D

coflynn

Tested on 1.01 and works for me - hadn't tried on 1.00 so can't compare...

Mazahaka009

Can confirm that the latest nightly release for the Canon 1.01 firmware functions on a 100D.100C version of the camera.

By functions I mean I was able to access the ML Menu and was able to change the ISO to 160, instead of the usual 100. Will update if I run into any bugs in the next several days.

EDIT:
Included Modules:
Raw_rec Not OK
Gave a "hack error at 0: expected e3e00032, got e1e00000"

I was unable to play back the recorded files, which automatically stop recording at 3 seconds, through VLC.
Canon 100D.100C

skrk

Mazahaka009 -- I just posted a couple posts back about that here -- was raw video recording working for you before upgrading to the new firmware?

I'm impressed that you got anything from it -- i was only able to get the hack error...
100D -- ML v1.0.1

nikfreak

[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Felipe

Works fine, just as before, By the way Did not test raw, as far as codec I Increase bit rate, I sell video.
DANKE
650D-700D

nikfreak

You're welcome. Both raw and mlv_rec work again for me after the last update. I ask hereby everybody to update to 1.0.1 firmware and keep up testing the massive amount of features ML is providing to all of us. A new pull request for becoming part of the official nightlies has already been created.

I'm sure a1ex is silently following feedbacks in here. So any feedback, be it negative or positive, is welcome.

JohanJ

Passed some test with new version for firmware 1.0.1 and it looks really good. See below:

Modules
ETTR: OK
Dual ISO: OK

Exposure
Auto ETTR: OK
Exposure overwrite in photo mode for AV / TV: OK

Overlay
Global Draw, ON, all modes: OK
Zebras, RAW RGB: OK
Focus Peak: OK
Crop marks: OK
Spot meter: OK
Histogram: OK
Waveform: OK
Vectorscope: OK

Shoot
Advanced Bracket: OK
Intervallometer: OK
Bulb Timer: OK
LCDsensor Remote: OK
Audio RemoteShot: OK
Motion Detect: OK

Focus:
Follow focus: OK
Rack focus: OK
Stack focus: OK
DOF info in LiveView: OK
Focus patterns: OK
60D.111 / 100D.101 / M2.103

yzqx

Just registered to come here and say that I tried all three (A, B, C) versions of the ML firmware on a Kiss X7 but none of them work (from the edited first post).

However, the new version for FW 1.0.1 quoted below indeed works! I guess this new version is a universal one for the 100D/Kiss X7?
Anyway, thank you so much!

Quote from: nikfreak on October 05, 2016, 07:07:04 AM
ok,I just updated the link with a new version:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9Mu66yg5QzRUEdCNE5VRWJXU2M?usp=sharing

Please try again for FW 1.0.1 :D
Kiss X7 (bought in Japan) - 100D.100C (supposed to be?)

nikfreak

i updated the link into the 1st post. Older changelogs have been archived into the 2nd post.

Felipe

I don't know if is me but seems like after the firmware udate the camera has better autofocus in movie mode using servo and face tracking
650D-700D

fbaux

Thanks for this new release (update without any issue)
EOS 100D.101 (2018-02-27) + Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/4-5.6 IS + Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4.0-5.6 IS II + Eye-fi card

Nartl

After installing ML for the first time (never looking back), I discovered through the changelings that the Q/Set button had been switched to set for the purposes of ML control. Although I fully understand your reason for switching it, and know that you can use Q through a long press, however it seems to me slightly too cumbersome for the sake of switching through picture styles. Would it be possible to implement some kind of toggle that could enable and disable the use of q vs set?

Thanks

Felipe

Please let the Q button as it is, is working great is not Cumbersome is Awesome.
650D-700D

nikfreak

Quote from: Nartl on October 18, 2016, 10:17:35 PM
...Would it be possible to implement some kind of toggle that could enable and disable the use of q vs set?

Thanks

Not possible. I know the clients and I definitely want to avoid confusions and unneccessary forum posts. People would disable and forget about it and then come back to ask why they can't center the focus box back with a single press or why their ettr doesn't play nice with the set button. It will stay as it is.

+1 Felipe. It's really awesome.

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Felipe on October 13, 2016, 05:29:42 PM
I don't know if is me but seems like after the firmware udate the camera has better autofocus in movie mode using servo and face tracking

I can also confirm this as well.

Quote from: Felipe on October 19, 2016, 05:03:51 AM
Please let the Q button as it is, is working great is not Cumbersome is Awesome.

Absolutely agreed on this one!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

PeterHoff

I love the ML for the 100d!

But I'm not sure if it's just me or my camera, but I get these coloured dots when recording RAW-video (see picture below).
First I hoped it would be fixed in a later update, but it's been the same through all the nightly builds since first release.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

nikfreak

dfort

Quote from: PeterHoff on October 25, 2016, 12:57:36 PM
Any ideas on how to fix it?

Long story short -- use MLVFS.

(or MLP or MLVProducer or cr2hdr.app -- all of these apps can deal with the focus pixels.)

trimoto

Hi, thank you for the awesome job. my 2 cent for the ML on the 100D test

1) I don't know if my 100D is a type a, b or c
2) this is my first time with ML, I just installed v Beta_4a 4 hours ago
3) whit time I can try to test how is in the list, just the time to understand how do the function.

I'm writing this message for share this problem in the display function "upside down", it often and this photo is one of the worse

P_20161107_233059 by Domenico Chiarenza, su Flickr

hope may be useful
sorry for my english I'm Italian

DeafEyeJedi

Have you tried pressing the info button until you see ML shows up cleanly or is this a different issue related to the upside down feature from ML menu?

trimoto

I don't have pressed any button, this is the upside down feature in the ML menu.
I have noticed that this problem is almost sure in this condition:
1) LCD auto off on, I use the proximity sensor for turn on and off the display, if I use the set button is more rare.
2) in the Original 100D menu always appears.
3) if I press the info button in the black screen where are all the camera setting (the same screen I show in the photo I posted).
In the ML menu the only problem is than if I press the info button the info are shown in normal mode, not in upside down but there's no graphics problem.

I can do a video if necessary

revons

Overlays
-Zebras: __OK__
-Focus Peak: _OK___
Shoot
-Intervalometer: ____
-Bracketing: ____
Included Modules
- Raw_rec: ____
- autoexpo: ____
Other issues:
___Magic Zoom is a little wonky, the box that shows up will cut in and out like it's flickering.
I also tried the mode where it will take a picture if you clap and it takes a picture at any sound it was a little funny.
100D.100C?

PeterHoff

QuoteLong story short -- use MLVFS.

(or MLP or MLVProducer or cr2hdr.app -- all of these apps can deal with the focus pixels.)

QuoteSome brainfood regarding those pixels for you:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16054.0

Thanks dfort and Nickfreak. After I've been trying quite a lot, I found the best solution last night.
The MlRawViewer v.1.3.3 removes the dots and does a brilliant converting into Apple ProRes.

Here's a short test:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9g4qH-Cndco

DeafEyeJedi

For those who are anxious to try out the 10/12bit options for 100D.101 please read here and keep all bug reports in there!