Canon 100D / SL1

Started by nikfreak, October 19, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edt

Great work fella.
Any idea when the audio page might get added?

fbaux

thanks for 13th July 16: Beta_2c release
i'll test it asap
---
log i got yesterday

ASSERT: 0
at Graphics.c:3929, task CtrlSrv
lv:0 mode:0

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2016May01.100D100B
Mercurial changeset   : 62336bdeb785 (100D-new) tip
Built on 2016-05-01 11:33:15 UTC by ml@ml-VirtualBox.
Free Memory  : 584K + 1712K
EOS 100D.101 (2018-02-27) + Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/4-5.6 IS + Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4.0-5.6 IS II + Eye-fi card

rheabug

Awesome work nikfreak. Ive been an ML user for 3 years and almost gave up on my new sl1 (c firmware) ever being added..... WTG  :)

I do however have a problem....

With my t2i and 5d2 i always retained the ability to use my "Q" button while in the canon menu. Now i have to have touch screen on and i really dont like having the touch enabled...
Was the "Q" button functionality replaced with a different button? or is it just a bug on my cam ?

Thanks for the dedication to get this working.

nikfreak

@fbaux: any instructions on how to reproduce your error? Your log indicates you are using an old build from May. Please use latest version and if it occurs again then tell me exactly how to reproduce.

@rheabug: Use Av button while in ML menu. It's the Q-button replacement as the SL1 has the combined q/set button already in use for "SET" functionality. take also a deeper look at the menus. An "Av" Icon was introduced a while ago. Hint: look at the right side in ML menu. Exactly the place where you are used to see the "Q" icon in your other cams  ;)
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

rheabug

Hi i think i presented my question inaccurately...

This is the screen i am unable to use the "Q" button on.
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/canon-sl1/Z_CanonSL1_QuickMenuAnim.GIF

rheabug

Posting this as a separate post just to keep the two in there own context.

Bulb ramping in ML for sl1!
Does it exist or is it still omitted due to being a nightly build.
If devs are working on it i might be interested in helping with tests and debugging.

Timelapse is really the only thing i have yet to want ML for on my canons and on the sl1 in a big way as i like the idea of not burning out my next FF due to shutter counts and my 5d2 finally bit the dust anyway. Same with my 550d. Its now in the grave.

AMED

I'm have issues with the canon menu appearing briefly up while pressing AV in the ML menu. I'm using the 2016Jul12.100C version on my 100D.

How i reproduce it, change camera mode to P, press the trash can and then press the AV button. when the AV is pressed down the canon menu shows for 1/4 a second, keep holding it down and the ML menu stays visible, release the key and the canon menu appears for about 1/2 a second.

no issues with the May version.

Thank you for all your hard work nikfreak.

EDIT: looks like something weird happened when changing from the May and June builds. After uninstalling ML, resetting the camera and formatting the SD card and then June version started working correctly.

100D.100C

lherrainz

Hello, this is my second time over here, first at all, sorry about my english.
Few days ago, I try to make a video with a 1fps frame rate, and doesn't work, the lcd put complete white with some purple lines and never start recording, then I try another frame rate and nothing, I go out from ML and work great. this happen to some of you? thanks
Canon M2 (waiting for ML), SL1.110c
Canon 300 F4L IS, 85 1.8, 20 2.8, extender 1,4x II & 2xII, 55-250 stm, ef-m 18-55 y 22, sigma 30 1.4, 430 ex II x2, st-e2, 18-55 stm.

olis

hello friends, i want to ask. whether ML can make images appear on the screen my canon 100d and lcd tv cameras simultaneously. because usually when miniUSB plug in the lcd will be off
please.... i need answer
thx before

canneloni

Is there a way to use the HDMI out simultaneously to the normal camera screen ? I want to use the hdmi out for monitoring audio via an adapter, but the screen turns off as soon as i put the cable in.
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

Oswald

I updated the newest beta version and tried and 5x crop mode gives you a this. Camera don't crash, just looks weird.

You can take picture normally and it looks normal, but the live view is glitched out.

No focus peaking etc.

Edit: and also 10x mode looks same.

edit2: Something wrong is with the fps override. It only occurs if you enable it.
7D, EOS-M & 100D.100b ¶  Sigma 18-35mm, Canon 50mm F1.8, 22 STM, 8-48mm f1.0, 18-55 EF-M STM

nikfreak

Seems like I have to recheck and tweak the timers a bit for zoom mode 5x/10x.
Crop mode 3x should be already ok.

I would appreciate it if you read 1st line from 1st post.

Oswald

Sorry, I forgot to read. :( But, it is 100d b version of the firmware.
7D, EOS-M & 100D.100b ¶  Sigma 18-35mm, Canon 50mm F1.8, 22 STM, 8-48mm f1.0, 18-55 EF-M STM

nikfreak

Oswald the bug you encountered was rather hard to find (at least for me). It happens only with "Exact FPS". You need to increase TIMER A from 666 to 676 yourself when uing "Exact FPS" or just use the options which aren't affected by the bug like "Low Light", "High Jello"...

I will increase the timer to 676 in the next update.

DeafEyeJedi

According to 100D.100A (Beta-2c / 13th July) both versions of crop-mode's seem normal to me.

Here's what they look like on my SL1. *No FPS override was enabled during this troubleshoot. Will do another test with it enabled!

https://vimeo.com/177594162

Here's another with FPS enabled. Also can confirm that A timer to 676 does the trick. Nice find @Oswald and great catch by @nikfreak as usual!

https://vimeo.com/177597639

Quote from: lherrainz on July 26, 2016, 05:37:47 AM
Hello, this is my second time over here, first at all, sorry about my english.
Few days ago, I try to make a video with a 1fps frame rate, and doesn't work, the lcd put complete white with some purple lines and never start recording, then I try another frame rate and nothing, I go out from ML and work great. this happen to some of you? thanks

This is normal and to be expected. A lot of light coming into the sensor. Either close down the iris more or use ND's. Not sure why it won't record for you but it seems to work over here.

Quote from: olis on July 31, 2016, 04:42:26 PM
hello friends, i want to ask. whether ML can make images appear on the screen my canon 100d and lcd tv cameras simultaneously. because usually when miniUSB plug in the lcd will be off
please.... i need answer
thx before

Nope. It's either one or the other. Whenever I use my external monitor on the SL1 -- LiveView LCD goes black. If one were to find a way to enable both then wouldn't that be a battery killer? Not worth it IMO.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

count

Oh wow awesome.

Had to put porting to 100D aside for a while after getting completely stuck, only to come back to see someone else suceeded! \o/

a Hero Member indeed! :)

Testing it on 100D.100B, Firmware Update says "MAIN_FIRMWARE flag is DISABLED!", whatever that means. "Please contact ML developers for a fix." ... hereby doing that ;)

(Firmware -1, Bootdisk -1, RAM_EXE -1, Update -1)

Some time in the past I seem to have enable the boot flag (with the help of Alex), now I can't use the camera without an ML SD at all, I'd love a fix for that, too ;)

Great work, we'll test more!

count
100D.100B

nikfreak

update your firmware using "ML-SETUP.FIR" file from download link in 1st post. If all fails, please try a new sdcard or format the existing one and start from scratch.

count

doesn't make any difference, "MAIN_FIRMWARE flag is DISABLED!" keeps showing even on new card (where I have to set EOS_DEVELOP and BOOTDISK for it to work).

perhaps this wasn't clear: ML works in both cases, I just can't get (back) to a state where I can use a card without ML

I got the bootflag set during some experiments a few years ago, and don't know how to reset it (anymore).
100D.100B

Walter Schulz

Quote from: count on August 07, 2016, 12:10:31 AMI just can't get (back) to a state where I can use a card without ML

Format card in cardreader and retry.

a1ex

count, welcome back.

To fix the bootflag issue, run this outside LiveView (e.g. from "don't click me"):

uint32_t old = cli();
call("EnableMainFirm");
sei(old);

count

Walter: doesn't work ;) the issue is with the NVRAM.
a1ex: hey man :) sorry for disappearing so long; after getting stuck with the task handling/scheduling I allowed the rest of my life to take over ...

I guess I first need to get back on the horse again - how do I sync up with 100D development?

The code doesn't seem to be in the mainline repo (yet), so I guess you're working off https://bitbucket.org/niklastisk/magic-lantern, correct?

how do I get the right ARM gcc etc?

100D.100B

count

btw: is there some kind of Magic Lantern test suite / runbook that allows to verify all functionality to ensure completeness / hunt bugs or gaps on 100D.100B?
100D.100B

nikfreak

a1ex

As a test suite, you can use the selftest module, or the api_test.lua script. Indeed, now that we can emulate Canon GUI on a few cameras (maybe most of them in the near future), having a QEMU-based test suite would help a lot.

xenupy

Thank you all for this fantastic work.

Since day 1 i belive in you nik.

Unfortunatly there is a bug relating to ramping (maybe the next/or some lua script will improve that). I want to shoot different exposures with iso and shutter variables (for milky way stacking), i dont see any options available.

Again, fantastic work.