Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gulnaz

I have some problem with magic lantern. I have found that I do not see bitrate (CRB) values in movie section. maybe im missing something.

Also, I shoot in both raw and ML raw format but somehow when I change ISO values nothing happen. to brighten the screen / shot I have to increase EV value but ISO doen't seems to work in my 70D.

Lastely, shooting in RAW/ML format I always have lots of grain and noise in my footage.

please help

OlRivrRat

Guinaz

The 70D only allows ISO Control for Videos if you are in Manual Mode ~ In All other Modes the ISO is Auto ~ Could that be your cause ~

I find this to be VeryAnnoying & Don't understand why Canon Chose to do that ~ Perhaps that could be the FirmwareUpgrade We SoDesire ~

Canon, Please give us the ability to Choose Manual or Auto ISO Control in AllModes ~

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

grey

Quote from: OlRivrRat on April 19, 2015, 07:01:06 PM
                  Guinaz

The 70D only allows ISO Control for Videos if you are in Manual Mode ~ In All other Modes the ISO is Auto ~ Could that be your cause ~

I find this to be VeryAnnoying & Don't understand why Canon Chose to do that ~ Perhaps that could be the FirmwareUpgrade We SoDesire ~

Canon, Please give us the ability to Choose Manual or Auto ISO Control in AllModes ~

ORR ~ DeanB

I think iso is auto for jump less exposure changing. If we fixate  iso camera can change only shutter and iris. Iris is very slow and change boke, shutter speed changing will appear in different motion blur between frames and flickering in fluorescent light. So only one parameter that painlessly changeable is iso.

OlRivrRat

Grey

I Understand & Can Appreciate that ~ But ~ I think it should be the ShootersChoice ~ Not Canons Mandate ~

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

gulnaz

You are right OlRivrRat...no ISO ability in any other mode. Not only this all my raw videos have so much of noise and grains and i could not find any proper solution for that.

Also when i shoot at 1536x968 at 2.50:1 aspect ration and convert raw file using raw2dng the outcome is mostly footages are pink and cut half. When i export raw or ML file directly into premiere it is better than dng result but lots of noise.

I have tried all ways and i guess at this point maybe i have to wait for the stable release for 70D.

grey

Quote from: OlRivrRat on April 19, 2015, 09:59:48 PM
                                     Grey

I Understand & Can Appreciate that ~ But ~ I think it should be the ShootersChoice ~ Not Canons Mandate ~

ORR ~ DeanB

if you're experienced enough, why do you need P mode? But for beginners full auto P mode is good enough. IMHO.

sergey

I can  skip  a start  ML pressing  only once after make bootable SDXC card.
After i run Intervalometer ,  mlv record   ....  and  skip  a start  ML pressing  --   stops working ( press Trashcan button and ML menu  pop up ). ( remove the battery   does not solve the problems ).
Only i have this problem ?
70D_111A

nikfreak

One of you with old revision 70D (=which isn't supported) plz get in contact with me by PM.

Done!
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

jakepetre

Quote from: nikfreak on April 20, 2015, 11:17:04 AM
One of you with old revision 70D (=which isn't supported) plz get in contact with me by PM.
I have the old version.

gulnaz

how would i know my canon 70D is old ? my serial number is 154056007708

xsghost

Is there a way we could have these 2 paramount features working for the 70D also:
-Enable D-Pad to control WB and ISO while recording, like on the regular version of ML
-Display Rec Time and Remaning Rec Time on screen while recording, like on the old 2.3 ML?

I feel these 2 little things are what enables ML to transform the Canon DSLR into a powerful video camera. These are the places in which the Canon firmware lacks.
And I'm no programming savvy, but intuitively I feel these 2 issues, which were present and working on older ML versions, should be relatively easy to address in the 70D version. Right?
70D.111A     - 600D, 70D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Sigma 30 1.4, Sigma 18-35 1.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC

mrpanda

salut,

j'ai suivi la vidéo et ça ne marche toujours pas :/

cela ne fait rien.
je sélectionne mise a jour et il installe  mais quand il revient à l'écran il ne se passe rien il me dit pas que magic lantern est installer et quand appuis sur la poubelle cela ne fait rien   

hi,

I followed the video and it still does not work: /

it does not matter .
I select update and installs but when he returns to the screen it nothing happens he not tell me that magic lantern is installed and when pressing on the garbage that does not matter

jakepetre

Quote from: mrpanda on April 21, 2015, 03:53:40 PM
salut,

j'ai suivi la vidéo et ça ne marche toujours pas :/

cela ne fait rien.
je sélectionne mise a jour et il installe  mais quand il revient à l'écran il ne se passe rien il me dit pas que magic lantern est installer et quand appuis sur la poubelle cela ne fait rien   

hi,

I followed the video and it still does not work: /

it does not matter .
I select update and installs but when he returns to the screen it nothing happens he not tell me that magic lantern is installed and when pressing on the garbage that does not matter

Bonjour, mis ton SD et utiliser le function: "Format Card" avant installation. Unzip ML sur ton SD et mis dans ton camera. Prends un photo avant installation.

jakepetre

This is an update for everyone with a different firmware than the rest of us.
For users who are unable to install because they have an earlier camera unit: Nikki is working with a few of us on making an alternate firmware installer. So far nothing is functioning but we are close to having ML installed on all the 70D's that don't fit the existing criteria. Thank you for waiting patiently.
<<UPDATE>>
Binary for 111B is working! Now waiting for a working build! Big thanks to Nikki and a1ex for the progress!

Toni_m_m

I'm happy to tell all of you guys that Nikfreak and A1ex have done great job to get magic lantern to work on 70D version B. At this moment i have it running on my camera and testing that everything works.

bsauce42

[emoji108][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]

jakepetre

Quote from: Toni_m_m on April 21, 2015, 07:16:39 PM
I'm happy to tell all of you guys that Nikfreak and A1ex have done great job to get magic lantern to work on 70D version B. At this moment i have it running on my camera and testing that everything works.

I may have loaded the wrong build!  :-[ I'm getting a black screen whenever I turn on cam with the SD card in. If I remove the card and the battery and reinsert the battery without the card it turns on. HELP!
<<FIXED>>
Nikkifreak is amazing

nikfreak

Great you guys with 70D_111B hopefully will help me in creating some screenshots / videos with a build I am going to provide with you (soon). Especially with FPS override. So I expect you to stay active on the forums and help to solve some quirks which are left. It could be alittle bit time consuming but should be worth it...

UrbexJoe

I would happylie help testing with my old rev  B 70D :)

jakepetre

Build 'Nightly.2015Apr21.70D111B.zip' First impressions:

Overlays
-Zebras: OK
-Focus Peak: OK
-MagicZoom: OK
-Cropmarks: OK
-Ghost Image: OK - Auto Update a little buggy
-Spotmeter: OK
-False Color: OK
-Histogram: OK
-Waveform: OK
-Vectorscope: OK

Shoot
-Advanced Bracket: OK
-Intervalometer: OK
-Bulb Timer: OK
-Motion Detect: ?*
-Mirror Lockup: ?
-Flash Tweaks: ?

*?=Haven't tested yet

Main issue is whenever I'm navigating through the menu the camera likes to jump back into shooting mode.

nikfreak

Quote from: UrbexJoe on April 21, 2015, 08:12:36 PM
I would happylie help testing with my old rev  B 70D :)

keep pressing F5. I am feeling like this:

done

nikfreak

Updated first post with download links and changelog.

Quote from: nikfreak on April 21, 2015, 07:54:16 PM
Great you guys with 70D_111B hopefully will help me in creating some screenshots / videos with a build I am going to provide with you (soon). Especially with FPS override. So I expect you to stay active on the forums and help to solve some quirks which are left. It could be alittle bit time consuming but should be worth it...

I want you to test FPS override function and take screenshot or video of how it acts. It's really weird and took me dozens of hours but I couldn't seem to find a fix for it. Timer B settles in correctly in

• low Light mode
  • exact FPS
  • helo 180d

But only HighJello fastTv works as it should (using only timer A)

The other modes listed above create weird colors on screen. can you guys help to analyze what's going on? For e.g. in exact fps video mode I need to manually adjust timer A to get the desired FPS working. Starting at 23fps this is something around 732 (timer A) and as far as I recall I had to settle in something around 1192 for something around 15fps. FPs timer A can be adjusted by 100+ or - by pushing to left/right when focused on "shutter range value". It's really hard to describe but once you play around with it you will get what I mean. This is where I want you to help and note down when and how you get it to work. Posting a screenshot or a short video of the LCD output could be also helpful for the masters to understand what is going on.....

Note to myself: Disabling CONFIG_STATE_OBJECT_HOOKS or EVF_STATE(_SYNCH) doesn't help. FPS_UPDATE_FROM_EVF_STATE doesn't allow Timer B to settle in.

UrbexJoe

You are my hero. I start testing asap. Danke fuer deinen Enthusiasmus und deine Arbeit!!

nikfreak

Just enjoy it @everybody. No hurry. There's so much to discover for all those new 70D_111B users now

pierre2fun

Nikfreak and the team have done an impressive job  8)

Here a 111B working ;)
Cheers, Pierre
70D ML 111B