Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xsghost

How does one tell what 70D version he has?
70D.111A     - 600D, 70D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Sigma 30 1.4, Sigma 18-35 1.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC

Walter Schulz

If your chosen ML version doesn't work it's the other one.
There is a new installer in development making life for 70D users (and others) much easier. That one will tell you what is going wrong. Yes, readable screen messages in case of failure.

nikfreak

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 21, 2015, 09:30:45 PM
There is a new installer in development making life for 70D users (and others) much easier. That one will tell you what is going wrong. Yes, readable screen messages in case of failure.

already available in the downloads . read changelog :P  8)
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Walter Schulz

Unfair! Late start and now we're left behind! Unfair! ;-)

nikfreak

Hey I am just manually cherry picking. Dunno how it's called for mercurial

janoschsimon

OHHHHHHHHH NIK may i kiss you? ITS WORKING ON OLD FIRMWARE :-) first i tried A and the install said wrong battery out then B and it works :D

HURRAYYYY

OlRivrRat

Hey There NikF & Friends

Appears to be working on my Earlyish 70D as well ~ Haven't had time yet to do anything more than load it & launch it ~ Got so excited that I didn't even think about going through the process of taking a Pic & being on the INFO screen & It worked anyway ~ Wanted to get back here to give a Huge 3CHEERS & BigThanks to You Nik ~ I had Planned to Dub You ~ St Nik ~ @ this point but since I'm not real big on organized religions ~ How does SirNik sound ~
        Also ~ Huge 3CHEERS & BigThanks ~ to All Of Those who Helped You in this process Nik ~

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

OlRivrRat

Also ~ There is something very weird going on with this Forum that just started happening in the last 1/2Hr ~ If I try to access any of the 1st 13Pages using FireFox as the Browser I get a "PageNotFound" 404Error ~ In Opera (which is what I use as my DefaultBrowser) All is working JustFine ~

a1ex

@OlRivrRat: I (and probably others) have difficulties reading your posts. Can you try to use plain English?

Smarty Pants

the original cameras that worked with the 4b version appear to be version "A"

all seems to function fine so far.

OlRivrRat

Alex

Sure I can, just for You, but only because You & Your partners in crime have been so seemingly undaunted & unbelievably generous with Your time & Your wisdom & also because You asked so nicely.
   In defense, please allow me to explain that I choose to write the way I do, in internet conversations, in an attempt to make it feel more like a conversation as opposed to a letter to the editor. I use Caps & join words together for emphasis & use Tildes as breaks or pauses to keep the flow going more like I'm talking to You rather than typing @ You. Due to the 148IQ that I am afflicted with, (& I don't say that to brag as it really does seem like an affliction a lot of the time) I stopped ColoringBetweenTheLines about 62Yrs ago @ the age of 8 & upon graduating high school, 10Yrs later, chose to start doing things MyWay (except for the 4Yrs I spent in the USAF). @ 70 now I pretty much like to do as I please as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else or cause anyone any undue discomfort. So, again, yes I will try to use proper english here ~ But it SeemsSoBoring ~
   Again, Thank You & the rest of the ML Team for your fine work & Thanks from my 5D & 5DM2 & now my 70D, We are Happier due to YouGuys .

ORR ~ DeanB

jakepetre

Been testing nonstop
Any way to have focus peaking work in conjunction with magic zoom?

RafQue

YES!!!!  :D

The day after tomorrow I will be boarding for my trip to South Africa and I will be testing this like crazy!  8)
Thank you soooo much Nik & Alex and all others involved!!!
Just installed it on my 70D and everything works fine so far.
You really made my day/week!  ;)
Canon EOS 70D / EOS 550D
Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8 L  + EF 2x II / EFS 17-55 f2.8 / EF 50mm f/2.8 Macro / EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 / Speedlite 430 EX II / Tokina SD 11-16 f/2.8 DX II

Chele

How dare you take a fine working firmware, modify it to your perverted preferences and then MAKE IT BETTER!!!!

Thanks!!!!  I have one of the earlier 70D versions and was not able to use ML until now.  Thanks, thanks, and again, thanks.  Now I have to re-discover my camera.

erno

Thank you! Nikfreak and Alex (also Nanomad and all the people who´s been working with this, this great thing). This will be the last thank you post from me because its far better now to provide the information through testing?!
This is nice to b-revision posse also and very happy day. 
(Thank you, Thank you, thank you!  :) )

Installed new firmware 111B on "old" 70D. Install works
Update
- managed to produce a raw video and the picture quality is awesome! [emoji3][emoji23][emoji24]

Just getting know this beast but so far so good in the beginners hands. Not muchs data for "professionals" yet or I would like to say that its steady for me. Laters with more "deeper" topics and perhaps more helpfull things for devs.
Canon 70D.111B Video: Canon 70D, Canon 18-135mm IS STM 3,5-4,5, Canon 35mm USM 2 
Audio: Zoom H6, Rode Lavalier mic, Rode VideoMic Pro, Senheiser Lavalier mics Lights: LED-panels

chann

This question have been asked before but i did not see an answer. So here goes ..when upgrading firmware camera says memory card with firmware missing. How to overcome this? TQ

Berrob

Installed new firmware 111B on old 70D.
Install works

FPS override does not work on anything below 24 FPS.

Overlays : ok

I get quite regular Error 70 when trying to shoot raw video.

Restart fixes this.

You are an awesome dudes NikFreak and Alex!!!

Thanks again!

nikfreak

Quote from: Berrob on April 22, 2015, 10:53:59 AM
Installed new firmware 111B on old 70D.
Install works

FPS override does not work on anything below 24 FPS.

I get quite regular Error 70 when trying to shoot raw video.

Ya FPS override doesn't work for me too. I didn't expect 1 sentence as an answer to this. Better take some shots with your smartphone to show what's going on. Use the "Advanced" menu in FPS override. Play around with timer B. Changed the shutter range / timer B value? What's the output? Got weird colors on your LCD / touchscreen? How does the cam react? ...

Quoting myself again:
Starting at 23fps this is something around 732 (timer A) and as far as I recall I had to settle in something around 1192 for something around 15fps. FPs timer A can be adjusted by 100+ or - by pushing to left/right when focused on "shutter range value". It's really hard to describe but once you play around with it you will get what I mean.

Error 70? Be more specific please. How to reproduce? Any crash logs on sdcard? Any other 70D_111B owners being able to confirm this?

@all: please state your cam model when reporting bugs (70D_111A / 70D_111B) or this will end up in confusions. Let's try to avoid that. I really don't want to ask a mod to split this thread or even create and maintain a separate thread for each 70D model. Not at this stage...

@70D_111B owners: Please one of you post a stub-api test logfile. Check your debug menu to find it...

mrpanda

Hello,
super I managed to install ml B version on my 70d

but in my ML no sound menu and how do you record video in RAW I not find the option in the video menu

Bonjour,
super j'ai réussi à installer ml version B sur mon 70d

mais dans mon ML il n'y a pas le menu son et comment on fait pour enregistrer en video RAW je trouve pas l'option dans le menu video

pierre2fun

Cheers, Pierre
70D ML 111B

janoschsimon

QuoteError 70? Be more specific please. How to reproduce? Any crash logs on sdcard? Any other 70D_111B owners being able to confirm this?

nope was yesterday evening so excited that i HAD to test raw :D and i tested raw and mlv raw and both without any error :-)

first i was shocked about auto iso :o but then i saw that i had the camera in P mode :D stupid me :D

have to test which resolution i can get with my Transcend Ultimate-Speed SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 64GB i get if remember correctly about 38mb/sec which is enough for 24p 720p continous raw yay D: but need to test more

ah and im on 70D_111B

the disapering menu is a little bit strange but still usable :D

aleixcastells

It works quite well. I recently made a video comparing the Raw recording in the Canon 70D versus the compressed video of the same camera. Here is the link for whoever is interested:

https://vimeo.com/125666437

Thanks!

ontheset

1st of all a huge thank you guys for the version B. I know how hard it is to work under forum conditions.

Now to my issues.

Everytime i'm in ML menu if i dont move the cursor it takes me out of menu.
the second one is that most of the time the bracketing and the info on the screen is all messed up until i half press the shutter button.
Now for this i dont know if its a usual thing but there is no way i can tell if have shot the raw file video until i put the card in my computer. Is there a way to fix that?
And finally and untill now is that when i try to run r2hdr.exe on windows7 it flashes the small window and nothing.

Thank you

erno

Mr Panda. Check out the video from YouTube called Magic Lantern on The Canon 70D and please operate after the video.  Theres not about sound but check that still out. Dont touch youre camera before video is ended. [emoji1].Worked best for me. I learned "all" the other things properly.
Canon 70D.111B Video: Canon 70D, Canon 18-135mm IS STM 3,5-4,5, Canon 35mm USM 2 
Audio: Zoom H6, Rode Lavalier mic, Rode VideoMic Pro, Senheiser Lavalier mics Lights: LED-panels

masterhks

My canon 70D serial start 1130260... wich ML version is compatible for my 70D ... 111A or 111B? Tnx!