Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grey

My 500D has no Silent drive mode, so it takes AB pictures with "normal" sound, like sound of shooting in LV on normal drive mode of 70D or 6D

Frarike

Do I just swap all the files to change to newer version and update the firmware?

And thanks for the work nikfreak
70D.112

grey

No need to update firmware. Only thing is changing when you "updating" firmware is enabling bootdisk flag in camera.

vfero

@grey : so this noise is not something dangerous? It would be my day then :)

grey

Quote from: vfero on March 10, 2015, 08:08:51 PM
@grey : so this noise is not something dangerous? It would be my day then :)

No. Nothing to worry.

grey

Level indicator work only few seconds, then it freeze and enabling or disabling it in ML menu don't work until i restart camera. 

grey

AF not work after first record in RAW. No matter RAW or MLV. Only camera restart help to solve this problem. I have same issue on my 6D. So it's not bug of this Alpha release.

grey

To Nikfreak. Why in silent picture mode resolution is too low (Camera in Photo mode. In Video mode all OK)? Try it on 6D. In both modes resolution identical.

DeafEyeJedi

The maximum average shutter speed for FRSP is about 1/15th or so...

Either close down the iris or use an ND filter.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

nikfreak

Quote from: grey on March 10, 2015, 10:10:07 PM
AF not work after first record in RAW. No matter RAW or MLV. Only camera restart help to solve this problem. I have same issue on my 6D. So it's not bug of this Alpha release.

Need to verify myself this evening again. a1ex created a pull request for frsp which I wanna try out first.
I cannot judge if the AF behaviour is to be considered "normal". Sounds like a bug to me if it only exists on 6D / 70D. Can you confirm @grey / @Audionut?

Quote from: grey on March 10, 2015, 10:30:52 PM
To Nikfreak. Why in silent picture mode resolution is too low (Camera in Photo mode. In Video mode all OK)? Try it on 6D. In both modes resolution identical.

Also lemme check that one in the evening.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

grey

Quote from: nikfreak on March 11, 2015, 07:39:52 AM
Need to verify myself this evening again. a1ex created a pull request for frsp which I wanna try out first.

When i asking about AF issue on 6D, i got an answer that this is about some hacks that disables part of canon LV, and AF too. The only one advice given to me is to use MF. But on 70D we got very good AF. It's very sad if we can't use it.

nikfreak

Uhhh thanx for clarifying. While also having owned a 6D I never noticed the behaviour due to having almost no personal interest in video recording...

Walter Schulz

I'm afraid there is no clarifying but rather some confusion ...
grey, are you referring to this reply? http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3904.msg139243#msg139243

grey

Yes, Walter. This post, and post on previous page of that topic.  I try to turn off extra hacks in MLV menu, but in this case i record few seconds less, than usual. AF works, but with price of short recording time. It's sad.  :-[ 

About MLV and AF.
If extra hacks on, AF turns on 1 time on first take. After that to activate AF needed to restart camers/ change mode photo/video.
If extra hacks off, AF works like usual, but record time is little less.
If enabled in Canon menu, Servo AF works all the time, no matter on or off extra hacks. But framing box is not dislayed.

AF= AF by button pressing(AF-ON or half shutter)

nikfreak

Quote from: grey on March 11, 2015, 09:07:29 AM
If extra hacks off, AF works like usual, but record time is little less.

This should be off by default to avoid confusion.
And @grey please try to stay active on the forum. I will need testers like you.

@All: Even tried out dualiso or dot-tune? Any feedback?

Sky_cleaner

Tried to update firmware several times... No succes :-(    Wait for next alpha.

Mr.Click

Dot Tune works fine & Dual ISO too  :)
Canon
EOS 80D/ EOS M+ML /  EOS 50E/ EF-M 18-55 3,5-5,6 IS STM / EF-S 10-18 4,5-5,6 IS STM / A 24 1,4 DG HSM / EF 35 2,0 IS USM / EX 50 1,4 HSM / EF-S 55-250 4.5,6 IS STM , Speedlight 430 EX II

Makadamia

@Sky_cleaner: This won't help, you have to wait for beta or RTM of ML for 70d - like me. See 1st post.
Canon EOS 70D, 500D, PowerShot S95

X-STATE

whether to run dual ISO in the video mode?
This function works on the 5dm3.
there is a possibility in other models?

dot-tune - works good for my two lenses
Body: Canon EOS 70D Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 DC HSM Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM
70D.112

Walter Schulz

Quote from: X-STATE on March 11, 2015, 04:11:54 PM
whether to run dual ISO in the video mode?
This function works on the 5dm3.
there is a possibility in other models?

The only nightly builds *not* having this option are those for 50D and 7D.

Abe

I'm having some overexposure issue with Silent pictures at full resolution. It's way over-exposed. Like by 4 stops.
The simple resolution works perfectly though.

The audio/mlv recording worked but not in all the tests.
For some of the clips, I got a valid .wav file that I could use, and for the others, a 1kb wav file and an error on the 70D indicating the audio being skipped.

Don't know if somebody has the same issue?

grey

Quote from: Abe on March 11, 2015, 08:57:28 PM
I'm having some overexposure issue with Silent pictures at full resolution. It's way over-exposed. Like by 4 stops.
The simple resolution works perfectly though.

The audio/mlv recording worked but not in all the tests.
For some of the clips, I got a valid .wav file that I could use, and for the others, a 1kb wav file and an error on the 70D indicating the audio being skipped.

Don't know if somebody has the same issue?

In FRSP minimal shutter speed is about 1/15 of sec. No matter if you select faster shutter.  If i'm not right let Walter or Nikfreak correct me.

In build from 10 of march was MLV sound? Or you did not listen to the request from Nikfreak?

DeafEyeJedi

As previously stated... Fastest shutter speed regarding FRSP is about 1/15th and you can either close down the iris or use ND.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Abe

Quote from: grey on March 12, 2015, 12:52:21 AM
In build from 10 of march was MLV sound? Or you did not listen to the request from Nikfreak?

There is the sound in the latest alpha posted by nikfreak. I'm not quite sure of what you mean?

grey

Quote from: Abe on March 12, 2015, 10:04:21 AM
There is the sound in the latest alpha posted by nikfreak. I'm not quite sure of what you mean?

Sorry, i think there is no MLV Sound in last public alpha.