Canon EOS M

Started by jordancolburn, December 30, 2013, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Could you try filming crop_rec HDR H.264 in 60fps with that card. I keep getting a frame glitch here and there and maybe it,s card specific. A 10 second clip should do fine.

Licaon_Kter

Quote from: garry23 on March 06, 2017, 07:32:12 PM
Great yo know. As a stills photographer I'm not that interested in large and fast SD cards.
It's not about fast, you'll still be limited by the camera interface, but in this case that brand of cards (and maybe those models exactly, as you can read in the "shutter bug issue") make the camera usable with ML.

Arte Automobilistica

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Danne on March 06, 2017, 07:34:49 PM
Could you try filming crop_rec HDR H.264 in 60fps with that card. I keep getting a frame glitch here and there and maybe it,s card specific. A 10 second clip should do fine.

Sure and here are the files (took two 10 second clips) on each Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-I 32GB cards w same settings per within ML:

Card #1 (104.8 MB) - https://mega.nz/#!GkdxnQwQ!9q8plzyG56gptQ6xjQ57FS4U6G8mYPK_BnV5SBGaIWE

Card #2 (95 MB) - https://mega.nz/#!WxEQUJaa!nC4LwdMV4dp69C4kYrjBAy6XznDColy6PuqbXqWH8JY
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

dpetry

Hello. I have an issue with my EOS M after installing ML.
If I shoot in "Photo still mode" (non auto) the images previews on the screen show a blue, green or purple tint.
It's not recorded in the card, the images recorded are perfect, but the camera shows a tinted image for a few seconds. Here's a video of it https://youtu.be/dypKBdqWgb4.
Anyone can help? I tried turning off all features of ML but nothing changed.
Thanks.

dfort

Tried to reproduce it but couldn't. Clear all the Canon settings and try it again. That's on the 4th wrench of the Canon menu.

dpetry

Quote from: dfort on March 12, 2017, 10:56:14 PM
Tried to reproduce it but couldn't. Clear all the Canon settings and try it again. That's on the 4th wrench of the Canon menu.
That fixed, I'm feeling a huge noob. Thanks!

dfort

No worries -- I've found myself in a few situations where clearing the Canon settings was the fix. Of course the problem is that we don't know which setting was the one that caused the issue in the first place.

2blackbar

There is this menu in autoexposure module when you adjust auto ISO values, but its been like 3 years since i tried last time and i could not edit maximum value, only minimum can be changed, it says "use left right for minimum and main dial for maximum" , well, what is main dial ? I cant do anything to change maximum value and i tried all buttons on camera to do it, is it some kind of bug that nobody mentions because no one is using this feature ? Can i somehow edit behaviour of on camera buttons so they will work fully in ML submenus  like this and ill be able to edit maximum value ?

Licaon_Kter

Known problem, not so many buttons on the camera, maybe this thread will yield something helpful in the future: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=18544.0

veryverynew

Hello,

I am reeaally new to magic lantern, I installed it because we are going camping and I want to be able to do long exposures for astro shots. I have ML installed and working, but I cannot for the life of me work out how to dial up the bulb time past 5sec, every button I press in the ML menu when I have Bulb selected takes me to another menu, or the Q button just toggles between off and 5sec.

I am sure I am missing something really obvious, and it is frustrating the crap out of me given I can get 30 second exposures out of the standard options, yet I can't get longer than 5 out of ML.

I am running the latest nightly build.

Thanks for any help or advice.

hiamkeiron

Quote from: veryverynew on April 04, 2017, 02:13:13 PM
Hello,

I am reeaally new to magic lantern, I installed it because we are going camping and I want to be able to do long exposures for astro shots. I have ML installed and working, but I cannot for the life of me work out how to dial up the bulb time past 5sec, every button I press in the ML menu when I have Bulb selected takes me to another menu, or the Q button just toggles between off and 5sec.

I am sure I am missing something really obvious, and it is frustrating the crap out of me given I can get 30 second exposures out of the standard options, yet I can't get longer than 5 out of ML.

I am running the latest nightly build.

Thanks for any help or advice.

1. make sure you on manual photo mode
2. click info until you see the stock canon menu
3. select the shutter speed
4. set it to bulb
5. click info until you see ML screen
6. enter the ML menu
7. Scroll right until you get the camera icon that says "shoot"
8.Scroll downward until you get to bulb timer
9. click on it an set your desired time
10. exit out of menu
11. press shutter half way until you see it counting the seconds

This makes it so you don't have to Keep your finger on the camera button

hiamkeiron

Any new news on on the MLV1080 raw recording?
Without binning
Also I've been trying to find out how to install cinestyle onto the eos m so far no luck because most of it requires the eos utility
Does anybody know how?

loknar

Hi,
joining (a bit late I know) ML EOS M party :). I want to use it as a travelling camera (with 15-45/3.5-6.3 IS it's mere 430 g and it can do raw), and I'd like to use two modes: mv1080 for wide shots, and 3xcrop for details/tele. I did some tests with crop mode (2496x1044 2.39:1, as in lower resolutions bigger parts of frames are corrupted) and I love quality (although I can get only 68 frames before buffer runs out, but I can live with that, also at frame override to 23.976 i get black stripe on the right, which is not present at native 30 fps).

Concerning mv1080, several months ago there appeared several test builds with mv1080 support when recording along with h264. Some of them were for 2.03 firmware others for 2.02, and to be honest, i got lost at it. So my question is: Can someone direct me to newest(/most stable) build, that allows mv1080 mode? I am getting all shots in pink when using 02/04/2017 "10/12-bit RAW video build" from experiments.

Thank you. :)

bohus

Hey everybody!

I've been messing with anamorphics on a number of my cameras, and it seems that the EOS M might b e perfect for this kind of shooting. I've tried to enter the pixel dimensions that Tito Farrandans shares in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5vRS5YhZdc

The problem is that I can't dial up the RAW pixel dimensions that he mentions in his video. I get a list of various choices, but the numbers he uses aren't on that list.

Also, I shoot c-mount lenses with my EOS M using 3x movie crop. Will I be able to use a cmount lens with movie crop mode and with anamorphic settings? Or do the anamorphic settings take the place of what 3x movie crop is doing.

Hope that my description here isn't too confusing. Any ideas? 

Thanks!

Teamsleepkid

If you have a 2x anamorphic just use the highest resolution 4:3 image you can. You don't have to match his numbers. You can set 4:3 for 2x or you can set it to 16:9 for a 1.5 or 1.33x lens. Or whatever you want.
EOS M

bohus

Hey - that makes sense! I've got a 1.33x lens, so I appreciate the additional advice. My experiments last night seem to have worked with some ad libbed settings, but I'll try again given your thoughts. Thanks for such a zippy answer!

One more weird thing - and I don't know if this is just me - I installed the latest build, and it doesn't appear that 3x crop is sticky. i.e. I have to re-activate it every time I turn the camera back on. Anyone else?

Johncee

Hello-I'm new to ML. I do a lot of time-lapse work and that was my main motivation for installing ML on my EOS M. The camera booted fine and the intervalometer was working great for the first test. I did not set a frame limit and after about 20 minutes of shooting a frame every 3 seconds, it was time to end the test. However I could not figure out how to exit the intervalometer. I could not access the menu with the routine running. If I turned off the power and turned it back on the intervalometer routine would run again. Finally I turned off the power and removed the battery. After reinstalling the battery the intervalometer routine did not boot and I was able to access the menu again and turn it off. BTW the routine was set to trigger with the first shutter release.

Now however I have lost autofocus with half-shutter or touch-screen press in M, AV, TV and P modes. Half-press autofocus does work in all of the auto-exposure modes. I uninstalled ML  and rebooted 2.0.2 but that did not fix the problem. I reinstalled 2.0.2 and that did not solve the problem. I updated to the latest 2.0.3 and still no luck. Any suggestions on how to fix the issue I'm having-Thanks

Licaon_Kter

Did you reset Canon settings too?

hiamkeiron

Hello i would like to know if it would be possible to make live view possible through usb
Just like this video
https://youtu.be/JnzkHegu3aA
I know the camera doesn't have this capability due too the stupidity of canon

Johncee

Quote from: Licaon_Kter on April 29, 2017, 09:54:17 PM
Did you reset Canon settings too?

After clearing all camera settings and custom functions in the menu, I have autofocus in all modes again. Thanks for the advice.

kiru

Hi all, I recently bought an used EOS M and updated to firmware 2.0.3 before reading about ML. Now I am desperate to downgrade to 2.0.2 so I can try ML. I could find the firmware version 2.0.2 in the first page of this thread. Is that the right one? Should I downgrade or wait for ML stable build with 2.0.3?

hiamkeiron

When taking a picture in raw format im getting the "raw error falling back to YUV overlays" error message
I have the newest nightly build
Is there anyway to fix this?
also what does it mean

arielp

Just sharing,

another card which is shutterbug-proof

it's microsd, have not tested the full sd version..