MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinxx

great job baland..?

is dual iso support planned on a further release?

thx. sw

tonybeccar

Quote from: nick.p on May 03, 2014, 11:04:30 AM
With my hackintosh overclocked to 4.7ghz I'm getting nearly real time playback. Thanks baldand

WOW, can you share your Hackintosh specs? Thanks a lot! (I'm about to build one)

nick.p

Quote from: tonybeccar on May 05, 2014, 12:25:07 AM
WOW, can you share your Hackintosh specs? Thanks a lot! (I'm about to build one)

4770k and a gtx 770 4gb.

I would definitely go with a 780 if I had my time again (the place I bought my parts from didn't have it in stock)  as you can generally only use 4gb of ram on a 770 if it's in sli and davinci resolve lite doesn't support multiple graphics cards. 

I would guess my playback speed is approximately 20fps. Would be awesome to see some gpu processing.

bouncyball

Hi baldand

I've just tested 1.1.5 (win32) version and noticed that when playback paused, pressing the "F" key (Toggle between drop-frame/sequential mode) activates audio only playback from the current position. Then I went  back to version 1.1.4 and experienced the same behavior. Never tried this in earlier builds though. During playback everything is OK. This happens just in pause mode. Is it supposed to be that way or it's a bug?

Thanx for this fantastic app.
BB

togg

Quote from: baldand on April 24, 2014, 10:27:33 PM
Also, MOV exporting should now use all available CPU cores on Win and Mac, which should make it it significantly faster (my quad core 3770 i7 desktop encodes at 7FPS).

I'm a noob, can I ask if the multithreading will be easy/possible to implement also for dng export or I can forget about that? :)

edge11

baldand

Quote from: edge11 on May 12, 2014, 12:33:13 PM
Does 1.1.5 have chromasoothing?

No, because it does not use mlv_dump or and code from ML for raw processing.

It is possible that a later version will include similar functionality to cover both dual-function (pink dot) pixel hiding and noise reduction.

baldand

Quote from: togg on May 10, 2014, 08:27:08 PM
I'm a noob, can I ask if the multithreading will be easy/possible to implement also for dng export or I can forget about that? :)

In current versions of MlRawViewer, DNG export is mainly disk I/O limited, not CPU limited. In general, (more) multi-threading will not speed it up.

In later versions, there may be more processing done as part of the DNG export process. As much as possible, I will try to use the GPU for that, since for many operations it can be significantly faster than any CPU.

baldand

Quote from: bouncyball on May 07, 2014, 07:29:38 PM
Hi baldand

I've just tested 1.1.5 (win32) version and noticed that when playback paused, pressing the "F" key (Toggle between drop-frame/sequential mode) activates audio only playback from the current position. Then I went  back to version 1.1.4 and experienced the same behavior. Never tried this in earlier builds though. During playback everything is OK. This happens just in pause mode. Is it supposed to be that way or it's a bug?

Thanx for this fantastic app.
BB

It's a bug. Thanks for the report. You can also report issues (and feature requests) directly to the issue tracker: https://bitbucket.org/baldand/mlrawviewer/issues?status=new&status=open

baldand

Quote from: swinxx on May 04, 2014, 12:45:16 AM
great job baland..?

is dual iso support planned on a further release?

thx. sw

You can add it to the enhancements list on bitbucket, but it might be a challenge.

I don't have a 5d3, only a 7D, so I don't have and can't make any dual ISO recordings :-(

Also it would need to use or integrate cr2hdr for high quality processing, and I don't know how practical that would be.

swinxx

Great! I will do that! I could also send you some dual iso shots! Please pm your email. I can send you a wetransfer link of a 5dmk3 dual iso video. Greets

poromaa

Would be great if you had nightlies or compiled versions that one could test of the latest 1.1.5?

5DanielMIII

Hi @baldand

I love this program and it has saved me so much time before editing.
So thanks!  :)

I just wanted to mention that on my MacBook Pro 10.9.2 when I hit W in 1.1.5 everything freeeeezes / hangs and I have to force close it.
So I can not choose where to save my export.

Anything I am missing here or I am doing wrong!?

Regards,
Daniel
I am thankful that Jesus and MagicLantern exist, because they both change lives!

Danne

5DanielMIII

I am thankful that Jesus and MagicLantern exist, because they both change lives!

baldand

Quote from: poromaa on May 13, 2014, 10:59:17 AM
Would be great if you had nightlies or compiled versions that one could test of the latest 1.1.5?

Yes that could be useful, especially if there would be more code contributions coming in.

Does anybody want to volunteer to set up that kind of automatic regular build & packaging for Mac and Windows?

togg

Quote from: baldand on May 12, 2014, 07:28:01 PM
In current versions of MlRawViewer, DNG export is mainly disk I/O limited, not CPU limited. In general, (more) multi-threading will not speed it up.

In later versions, there may be more processing done as part of the DNG export process. As much as possible, I will try to use the GPU for that, since for many operations it can be significantly faster than any CPU.

oook, thanks for the answer and the great work :)

swinxx

hi baland!

i wanted to try out mlrawviewer 1.1.5 on a macbook pro.. everything seems to work fine except "w"... (selecting directory)
when i press "w" the prog crashes.
strange..
thx

DavidSh

Quote from: swinxx on May 17, 2014, 09:42:23 PM
hi baland!

i wanted to try out mlrawviewer 1.1.5 on a macbook pro.. everything seems to work fine except "w"... (selecting directory)
when i press "w" the prog crashes.
strange..
thx
Dear swinxx,

It is a known issue wich Bladand is trying to solve...

Best
David
600D | 5D3 | macOS Sierra | http://www.GentleDogMovie.com

Jbowdach

Any chance of adding any type of metadata, ala tapename from the filename to assist with proxie workflow in resolve, etc?

optik

Hi Baland

Here is my issue, I some how lost functionality on export I've been using MlRawViewer since the first version and always use the E key to export I understand the new changes that were made in
MlRawViewer 1.1.5 like making sure to click the red button then press the E for export and it was working fine for about 10-15 few clips but now I get no response when trying it out any suggestions would be awesome. Ive re-downloaded MlRawViewer older 1.1.4 and get the same thing  :-\

Anyone  :-[
Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 24-105mm F4, Canon 50mm F1.4, Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI-s, Tokina AT-X 16-28mm F2.8 Pro FX, 2 Lexar 1000x 64GB, Kumputer Bay 1000x 64GB, FCPX, Nuke, Modo, AE,
DaVinci

Budders

With 1.1.5, my DNG files look OK that I exported out of MLVMystic v0.5 look fine and have no video artifacts, as does the video when I open it in MLRawViewer 1.1.5, however when I export the clips out as MOV, anything dark in color artifacts horrible with colorful noise. The clips are still usable as proxies since they're just reference, but it makes it really tough to edit with...anyone else getting this issue? I tried searching but got no mention of this problem anywhere else.

EDIT: I have now found that it only does this using the sRGB and REC709 settings. The HDR setting seems to work just fine, the LOG setting has highlights that come out magenta where overblown.

simulacro

Quote from: Budders on May 20, 2014, 09:54:30 AM
anyone else getting this issue? I tried searching but got no mention of this problem anywhere else.

I have a macbook and have the same problem, but it seems it's due to the graphic card. I can't use FCPX for the same reason (Intel GMA X3100 144 MB)

pettermannen

Hi! First of all, a great thank you for achieving making this software. As i scrolled down this topic i canĀ“t find anything on how to extract the sound file from the mlv-file. How do i do that? I have enabled sound in the prefs though.

Best regards

Pettermannen
5D mark III owner

Petter Sand

Hi! I found it, forgot to enable MLVsound in MLsound-menu.