7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mityazabuben

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 19, 2013, 09:31:25 PM
If you already have the raw module install just go to M tab in ML menu and load raw module. Go to video tab in ML menu and activate the raw, choose your frame size and you are good to go.
Thanks. But is there any info about max resolution and CF cards from different manufactures that works fine?
And what program do I need to use to open raw video files?

lol_lol_2512

Quote from: Hitchck on August 20, 2013, 01:29:14 AM
Maybe I'm just the last one to notice this, but it seems like false color overlays continue to work during raw recording. I've just been switching to the "small hd" mode, which allows me to track and focus reasonably well. Of course the downside is that you only get monochrome on screen, but that seems like a small price to me for raw video...

If this is common knowledge, then sorry for sounding redundant. I'm figuring there are at least a few people out there who aren't aware of this

Thank you for sharing. Just went from having a frozen liveview to grayscale liveview...awesome!

_iLiam

Quote from: Hitchck on August 20, 2013, 01:29:14 AM
Maybe I'm just the last one to notice this, but it seems like false color overlays continue to work during raw recording. I've just been switching to the "small hd" mode, which allows me to track and focus reasonably well. Of course the downside is that you only get monochrome on screen, but that seems like a small price to me for raw video...

If this is common knowledge, then sorry for sounding redundant. I'm figuring there are at least a few people out there who aren't aware of this

This is seriously amazing. I had never tried the small hd setting in false colour and it works very very well! 1000x better than having to guess with a frozen live-view, thank you!  ;D
| Canon 5D | Canon7D | 85mm f1.2 | 18-135mm | 50mm f1.8 | 70-200 f4 | 28mm f2.8 |
www.liamnewman.co.uk

Hitchck

Quote from: lol_lol_2512 on August 20, 2013, 12:06:42 PM
Thank you for sharing. Just went from having a frozen liveview to grayscale liveview...awesome!

Progress in small steps  ;)

juanmelchor

Quote from: stevelucky on August 20, 2013, 02:04:23 AM
No, he's saying that you can turn on the false color overlays and still see what you're shooting while shooting raw. It definitely works, though the false color overlays aren't quite real-time.

Hi!

Is solved frozen image while recording raw video?  ???

arrinkiiii

With this trick yes. It have the downside of it but is better then have the screen freeze. You try it  :D

juanmelchor

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 20, 2013, 01:17:09 PM
With this trick yes. It have the downside of it but is better then have the screen freeze. You try it  :D

Hi! I tried to put the false color option: Small HD...  but the image continue freeze while I am recording raw video. Can you explain me another time? I don't now what I'm doing wrong :-(

Thanks!

vnguyen972

Quote from: juanmelchor on August 20, 2013, 05:16:42 PM
Hi! I tried to put the false color option: Small HD...  but the image continue freeze while I am recording raw video. Can you explain me another time? I don't now what I'm doing wrong :-(

Thanks!

Turn off the camera and turn it back on... and try again... it should work
Love my EOS7D!

vnguyen972

Question:

I tried but I couldn't find "Override FPS" from within Magic Lantern for 7D Alpha... I see it says 23.976 on the overlay but how do I change that.. idk, maybe to 60 or 30 fps? I tried to use Canon menu to change it but it doesn't change what magic lantern shows on the over lay... it only changes the resolution in the raw video menu... anyone could help me?
Love my EOS7D!

arrinkiiii

It's not working in ML menu. But i think you can change to 60fps in canon menu.

zero

A quick test video using the raw_rec.mo
shot at 1600x534

jemabaris

Quote from: zero on August 21, 2013, 11:55:59 AM
A quick test video using the raw_rec.mo
shot at 1600x534

The video is set to private.... :D

mr_pablo

When trying RAW 1720, I only get 100~ frames. Is this correct?

Also, yesterday I was getting an error message about corrupt data when the camera was trying to save the footage after recording. How do I fix this?

arrinkiiii

Quote from: mr_pablo on August 21, 2013, 03:12:14 PM
When trying RAW 1720, I only get 100~ frames. Is this correct?

Also, yesterday I was getting an error message about corrupt data when the camera was trying to save the footage after recording. How do I fix this?

You need to lower your resolution for you card be able to record continuous. Or buy a better/fast fc card  ::)

What card do you have?

mr_pablo

Hmm, first time I tried it, it was fine. Only started happening the times after.

Its a crappy 133x 8gb card. Really need to buy some new cards...

arrinkiiii

Quote from: mr_pablo on August 21, 2013, 03:25:34 PM
Hmm, first time I tried it, it was fine. Only started happening the times after.

Its a crappy 133x 8gb card. Really need to buy some new cards...

Strange... but definitely you need a faster card for getting continuous recording at 1720p  :)

hbr

Had a little time off, and tried out silent picture burst mode and RAW video on my 7D. . . I am impressed. There are still quite a few issues but now I am sure that they will be solved in near future.

I was able to get up to 35 frames in 2.5K mode, up to 45 standard mode with silent picture burst. (I'm loving the 2.5K)
Also I am able to get around 10 seconds of raw video in 1600x600.

CF card used is Kingston Ultimate 600X 16GB. (Which is writing 20 Mb/s, but Kingston claims read/write speed of 90 Mb/s )

I need to spend some money for 1000x 32 or 64GB I guess...this won't do it...

Great work guys!

And thanks everybody on the forum, I've been reading closely past month or so... ;-)

Kim

Hi,

I have been following the discussion for some time but I use only the alpha2 official releases version on my 7D.

Is the build you tried a "bootflag disabled" or necessarily enabled version? Does the live view freeze?

I would like to try it on my 7D, but I do not know where to get a version to use on a mac and which does not have  these two issues. Thanks

arrinkiiii

@ hbr

Welcome to the club  :D

I think that you can get more frames in silent picture and continuous video with your card. In canon menu disable raw and put only the last jpeg option. With this a think you will get more frames. In raw video if this does't work lower the resolution in the raw menu.

@kim

For use the news functions in your 7D you need to bootflag your camera. Yes, with this version of raw video for the 7D the Lv freeze. But you got a solution for that, is in the ML menu put  false color option: Small HD. Is not the best solution but it works.

For mac  http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7752.msg67944#msg67944

For win http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7464.0

hbr

@arrinkiiii thanks for the heads up.

with picture quality set to S in Canon Menu I can get up to 60 2.5K in burst mode and up to 70 the normal size ones ;-)

write speed in raw video still 20 mb/s

arrinkiiii

Quote from: hbr on August 21, 2013, 11:04:34 PM
@arrinkiiii thanks for the heads up.

with picture quality set to S in Canon Menu I can get up to 60 2.5K in burst mode and up to 70 the normal size ones ;-)

write speed in raw video still 20 mb/s

u welcome  :)

Uhmmm... with this build/version never go above 600. In this moment im able to record continuous 1728x 576 by 3:1  My card is also slow for raw, it's a sandisk 8Gb 60mb/s   ...but even with a 1000x the record speed/frame rate is almost the same because of this build/version for the 7D. Hope this limitations and the Lv freeze will be fix soon.

frogcement

Quote from: chroma on August 17, 2013, 08:56:30 PM
Is it possible to run the dual iso, raw burst and raw modules on the 7D without the "risky" autoboot?  Maybe I'm just plain stupid, but I've read these 7D threads up and down, followed various instructions and can't get the "Modules Tab" to appear.

Idk whats so risky about setting the boot flag on the camera to auto boot.... Worked like a charm && zero problems for me, I'd say go for it..... FWIW, I've boot flagged 3 400d's (for the 400plus hack) and 2 7d's and 1 50d and 1 5d mkIII, all without incident.... Can someone fill me in on what could go wrong when bootflagging a body?
--
K.C.
--
K.C.

Kim

I suppose that two serious issues with bootflag are:
1- "bootflag on" makes the camera much slower to start which is problematic when you want the camera to be quickly available for shooting.
2- Also, you can not easily get back your camera to the initial condition.

Am I right?

hbr

I was wondering, if it can be possible to write 10bit or 12bit RAW instead of 14bit RAW.  That would be nice. File size will be much smaller, and the quality will be still pretty high. So maybe higher resolutions and frame rates would be possible.

edwmotion

Quote from: hbr on August 22, 2013, 07:38:11 AM
I was wondering, if it can be possible to write 10bit or 12bit RAW instead of 14bit RAW.  That would be nice. File size will be much smaller, and the quality will be still pretty high. So maybe higher resolutions and frame rates would be possible.

:o