Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bizkiddk

Hmm I think it is quite easy too see on the ones I already gave you!
Try compare IMG_9432 and 9433  - 9432 is quite sharp and 9433 is very fuzzy!

Same goes for 9437 and 9438

Walter Schulz

I don't think this is the place to teach photography basics. In short: Aperture open + short focus distance -> DOF very small.
Doesn't help 10-24 at the open end has very soft corners. Look it up in www.lenstip.com or www.slrgear.com

Not able to analyze first set.
9438 in second set demonstrates how small DOF works. And (maybe) has backfocus issue. But could be misinterpretation caused by lens' corner softness.

EDIT: Take a look at http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html and see what happens with short focus distance. And don't forget these numbers doesn't work for 100 percent view (pixel peeping). DOF will get shorter the closer you look

bizkiddk

Hi again!

No you are absolutely right. And as you have guessed, I am not that much of a experienced photographer. But learning every day.

After having read up on the different links you gave, I wondered if the Bracket type was the problem: And hey presto...
It should not be in DOF (Aperture) but in Exposure (Tv, Ae)..

Now the problem seems to be solved...  =)

Thank you VERY much for having patience with me and helping... It is very much appriciated!!

/a very happy bizkiddk 

edit: Working perfectly now!!    :D

Borucznik

Hello Guys!
Somebody know it is possible to run Full Resolution Silent pics on my 650d camera?
Sorry if this question already exist but i cant find solution.

Walter Schulz

Audionut

Looks like this camera has the updated firmware installation.  OP updated.

Frendo

I have some questions

1.Have we got now a Stable Version on ML,or why can i not see ALPHA in description?
2.Is it still present the PinkDot Problem?
3.Can we record Videos in 1080p?
4.What is the different between MLV and RAW Videos.

Regards
54V3 Y0UR 5377!NG5

Walter Schulz

1: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14280.0
2: Yes, ML won't replace cam's sensor.
3: Yes, for a very short time. ML won't replace cam's card interface. 720p25 is about what you get continuously.
4: MLV has metadata and allows sound recording. RAW has less overhead and is no longer developed. Very short version.

demetrisag

Now that something i havent realised. So pinkdots are sort off engraved on the camera sensor?

Walter Schulz

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-650d-rebel-t4i
"This is made possible by Canon's new 'Hybrid CMOS' sensor that now includes pixels dedicated to phase detection autofocus."

papkee

Have there been any major updates to MLV recording? I remember back when it first came out I used it and couldn't get stable recording above 720p.

I really like how RAW looks but the limitations of upscaling right now are what really put me off of it.
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

dmr

Hi. Two day ago i install ML. Seems everything was good while i not decided to update to next build. I made one little mistake - i replaced only ML folder on card. Seems everything was good (but displayed version was not changed) while i not decide full update ML on card. And problems comes... After update to current build (29-03) I get random blue screen error (0x000000aa).
I tried reset settings of ML and camera.
I tried back to previous build.
I tried completely reinstall ML with full formatting.
Nothing helps.
Can't find any information about this error.
Please help me.
My camera: 650d
My lens: 18-135 STM
My FW: 1.04
PS: first day of using ML was good (4+ hours without any errors), now i 100% got error in 10 min (it may be immediately after loading or some minutes late)
PSS: sorry for my english

Walter Schulz

Felipe

Same happened to me with march 29 version, I went back to march 11 version , the problem began some where after that date , march 11 is perfect.
650D-700D

blade

Please follow the instructions on screen. Post results here
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

Felipe

650D-700D

RyanT4i

I installed ML for the first time today. Sadly I too have gotten the prior mention blue screen STOP error msg and Lantern shutdown.
I was unable to follow the instructions on the screen properly and decided to refrain from reinstalling ML on my camera and deleted it from the card

dmr

Hi again!

WTF! I just read some last ML committs... And what I found? This f***en piece of code!

joke_mode = (now.tm_mday == 1 && now.tm_mon == 3);
if (joke_mode)
{
    msleep(1000);
    joke_mode = display_idle();
}

and

if (joke_mode)
{
    if (rand() % 1000 == 13 && !RECORDING)
    {
        extern void bsod();
        bsod();
    }
}

As I understand this code will be executed only at 1 april day (now.tm_mon == 3 , yes april is 4th month, but we count from zero) and this will cause bsod if random number (generated every second) equal 13.

Is it the joke? This not funny guys!

I lost two hours trying ML at first time (second time) and deleted it to hell.

PS:
- please just tell me that is was bad joke and delete this piece of s**t from sources.
- please try to test last ML today to confirm that this was joke and everything is good now (i can't do it myself, because i'm far away from my camera now)
- this code was committed by a1ex, committ # 80cee7a in src/tweaks.c

Thanks.

Frank7D

I have a feeling (call me a psychic) that by April 2, the issue will be gone.

mk11174

Had to recompile vol64 module to support newer api, so anyone that knows about the audio gain control module for the 700d and 650d it uploaded here.
https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/700d113/downloads
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

Felipe

Thank you, loyal user of volume module
650D-700D

visiono

i understand this camera can do raw video at 1472 resolution. are there any limitations such as dropped frames or overheating ?

avramidis3d

Hey guys!

I have already installed magic lantern at its early phase and updated it with 1.04 firmware, with a fast 32GB card, no problem at all!

I would like to get a bigger 64GB card, do you face any problems with them? Is there anything I should be aware of, or I just copy and paste the ML files on a 64GB card? If not possible or tricky, I should go for 2 32GB.

Thanks ;)

robert green

Hi guys, finally decided to install ML on my 650D and something isnt right...

On my screen it says in bottom left Nightly.2015May03.650d104

bottom right says my name 2014

top left gives lens and right gives date . It says that ML is installed but I have no new menus or any different settings  :(

What am i doing wrong. Its not like its difficult to install .. Unzipped copied files ran update, everything said ok, but nothing else ... Help please???

blade

Did you press the trashcan?
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro