Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on August 01, 2014, 04:54:52 AM
Now again with the August 1 build, the volume control in ML doesn't work , it says Oldapl, can mk11174 update it again  ?
https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/700d113/downloads/Aug_01_2014_vol_64.zip
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

Felipe

650D-700D

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on August 01, 2014, 02:58:09 PM
Thank you , I mean it
No problem, anytime it gets out of date just let me know, easy enough to recompile to bring up to date.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

micster

Hey guys, has there been any huge improvements for 650D firmware lately? My camera is listing the package on my SD cards as Feb 26th - Anyone got any notes on changes since that compile?

Nautilus

Is there a link where I can see the progress on audio chip being coded? It's been a long time since i last checked it.
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

Roger2004

Hi,
sorry if this has already been noted somewhere...

but i was really happy with the 3 seconds timer (before actually shooting) for the bulb option (really handy to avoid shakiness when shooting long exposure without remote).

It doesn't seems to be implemented anymore...

UWP

Hi!

I bought a Yongnuo flash for my EOS 650d and noticed it does not fire with Liveview. Thank god there's MagicLantern I thought and so I tried ML. I had an older version from march this year on my SD card and I found the flash tweak, where you can use LV flash with non-Canon-flashes and XXXd-cams. What happened was this: I switched on live view, focused with half-pressed shutter. The live view vanished and I can press the shutter completely. The picture will be shot but no flash was firing. Afterwards nothing happened, the menu was frozen I couldn't do anything, just switching off the camera, everything else was blocked. After switching on it seemed half of the battery power had been gone in this operation. The picture was there but because of the missing flash fire too dark. Ok, I thought, maybe the build is too old and so I tried the nightly build from August 2nd. But: same problem, no flash, camera hangs. And now what? Giving back the flash or wait until this bug is fixed? And: had anyone managed to do it with another cam? How does it work? At least it's only some kind of technically trick I learned from the documentation. Maybe it's horrible to get around with it?

Thank you! BTW, this is a marvellous firmware, I don't want to miss it anymore! Everytime I'm thinking about buying another cam I just compare the stuff the new camera can do and the stuff ML can do. ML is far up in the sky compared to all of the rest! You did a great job! Bad news for me: I have to stay with canon cams which is not always the cheap side of the world. But it's worth it! Canon should pump money in this project!
EOS 550D | EOS 650D | EOS 70D
Software: MagicLantern & Luminance-HDR & Gimp

Felipe

Quote from: UWP on August 06, 2014, 01:59:44 PM
Hi!

I bought a Yongnuo flash for my EOS 650d and noticed it does not fire with Liveview. Thank god there's MagicLantern I thought and so I tried ML. I had an older version from march this year on my SD card and I found the flash tweak, where you can use LV flash with non-Canon-flashes and XXXd-cams. What happened was this: I switched on live view, focused with half-pressed shutter. The live view vanished and I can press the shutter completely. The picture will be shot but no flash was firing. Afterwards nothing happened, the menu was frozen I couldn't do anything, just switching off the camera, everything else was blocked. After switching on it seemed half of the battery power had been gone in this operation. The picture was there but because of the missing flash fire too dark. Ok, I thought, maybe the build is too old and so I tried the nightly build from August 2nd. But: same problem, no flash, camera hangs. And now what? Giving back the flash or wait until this bug is fixed? And: had anyone managed to do it with another cam? How does it work? At least it's only some kind of technically trick I learned from the documentation. Maybe it's horrible to get around with it?

Thank you! BTW, this is a marvellous firmware, I don't want to miss it anymore! Everytime I'm thinking about buying another cam I just compare the stuff the new camera can do and the stuff ML can do. ML is far up in the sky compared to all of the rest! You did a great job! Bad news for me: I have to stay with canon cams which is not always the cheap side of the world. But it's worth it! Canon should pump money in this project!

Yes,  that is what happens, The SL1 or 100D, is the only one capable to shot external strobes in live view, with The 650D what you have to do is get focus then go to optical view
finder and press shutter , NOT activating this function in ML , because when you activate this in ML the camera gets frozen.
650D-700D

UWP

Quote from: Felipe on August 06, 2014, 03:36:43 PM
Yes,  that is what happens, The SL1 or 100D, is the only one capable to shot external strobes in live view, with The 650D what you have to do is get focus then go to optical view
finder and press shutter , NOT activating this function in ML , because when you activate this in ML the camera gets frozen.

This means, it's a known bug? And: when I'm focussing with LV my hand changes that much while going back to optical view the image won't be that sharp anymore. This wouldn't be a solution...:(
EOS 550D | EOS 650D | EOS 70D
Software: MagicLantern & Luminance-HDR & Gimp

Felipe

Quote from: UWP on August 07, 2014, 02:39:06 PM
This means, it's a known bug? And: when I'm focussing with LV my hand changes that much while going back to optical view the image won't be that sharp anymore. This wouldn't be a solution...:(
Yes it is I have done action shots that way, You have to be fast, Practice and you will get the hang of it, I wish that will work as in the SL1 but doesn`t.
650D-700D

psychonaut

Hello everybody.  I have been using the canon t4i since last year using the ML 1.0.4 update and really enjoyed all the great features.  I just recently tried to use one of the nightly builds from August 2nd which seemed to be working wonderfully.  I was recording in raw for a few minutes at a time and was loving the live audio meters.  I had installed the August 2nd nightly on one of my cards and decided to put it on another.  Both were working great.  When I installed it on a third the same way.  I noticed that ML wasn't loading on camera startup.  Something weird was going on.  So I switched back to the original card and ML was no longer loading on that card either.  Furthermore my camera would not even power up!  I may be one of the random few who has bricked their camera...  I took the battery and card out of the camera and can turn the camera on with no card inside.  I receive, the "No Card" alert but the camera is actually on.  I wiped the first card completely and put it back in my camera but when powering up the camera...I get nothing.  So has this happened to anyone else, I wouldn't wish this on anyone but I don't know what to do or try next.  What's worse is that I'm going on vacation next week.  What terrible timing.  I'm open to any help, really.

Thank you to the developers, I harbor no ill will towards you.  I understand that we all use the software at our own risk.

Walter Schulz

To wipe the card you have to use a cardreader connected to a PC/MAC and format it. If you deleted the files only you just caused the cam to get locked because the card will still be bootable.

EDIT: Copy last nightly's extracted contents to card and ML will startup again.

psychonaut

OK, so after leaving the battery out wiping my cards and reinstalling ML...  Everything is working correctly.  Sorry for freaking out but I really thought I'd broken my camera.

chrisllers

Hi guys, excuse my english i'm french. I didn't read all posts because there are so many pages.
I have a 650D firmware 1.0.1
I would like to install Magic Lantern but i don't understand if it works for a 650D.
At the bottom of the index page ( http://www.magiclantern.fm/ ) it seams to be ok for the 650D.
Supported Cameras:
5Dc, 5D2, 5D3, 6D, 7D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 500D (T1i), 550D (T2i), 600D (T3i), 650D (T4i), 700D (T5i), 1100D (T3), EOS M, 100D (SL1)
But when i click on "Download", the 650D disappears :
QuoteStable Release: v2.3
Release Date: July 23, 2012
Cameras supported:

5D Mark ii 2.1.2
    50D 1.0.9
    60D 1.1.1
    500D 1.1.1
    550D 1.0.9
    600D 1.0.2
So i don't understant. Can someone help me ?
I also would like to know if some fonctions will not more working after installing magic lantern ? There are some bugs ?

Thank you.

Walter Schulz

"Stable" refers to a stable but old build. Missing features: RAW video, Dual ISO and some more.

Format card
Download Canon's firmware version 1.0.4. Expand it, copy FIR file to card and run firmware update
Delete FIR from card
Download latest Nightly build. Top of page -> Downloads -> Browse nightly builds -> Choose 650D package and download it. Expand contents. Copy expanded contents to card (FIR + AUTOEXEC.BIN + ML directory).
Run firmware update again. Follow instructions.
Restart cam before timeout reverses installation

Roger2004

Seeing this advanced intervalometer feature, i understand those options are not available for the 650d.
Anyone knows if this will be available in the future nightly builds ?

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8431.0;topicseen

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Roger2004 on August 09, 2014, 11:14:07 AM
i understand those options are not available for the 650d.

Download the module and give it a try ...

tweak

I thought I would post this in here as it's also similar to the eosm.

What I want to know is has (or is) anyone coming up with a quicker fix for Pink Dot Removal from MLV files??? If we had a program like PDR for RAW but instead did it directly for MLV files it would make the work flow far more manageable and enticing. MLV with the benefit of audio is amazing but the extra steps needed to delete the pink dots is killing me.

Imagine if PDR could be integrated into MLRawViewer somehow... that would be amazing.

micster

Quote from: tweak on August 14, 2014, 12:11:02 PM
I thought I would post this in here as it's also similar to the eosm.

What I want to know is has (or is) anyone coming up with a quicker fix for Pink Dot Removal from MLV files??? If we had a program like PDR for RAW but instead did it directly for MLV files it would make the work flow far more manageable and enticing. MLV with the benefit of audio is amazing but the extra steps needed to delete the pink dots is killing me.

Imagine if PDR could be integrated into MLRawViewer somehow... that would be amazing.

MLVMystic is the program you want. Select Chroma Smoothing and export as either DNG's straight away, or into a RAW

Get it at http://secondsparkproductions.com/index.php/blog/8-mlv-mystic-mlv-raw-to-dng-batch-converter

AgentJJ

I wanted to give a little encouragement to any 650D'ers out there who haven't taken the ML Raw plunge yet.

We just shot the entire series of the First Five Years @ 1280x720 24fps and many takes were well over several minutes.  We used the Sandisk Extreme Pros.

If you want to see it, I posted it in the "Share your Videos" section of this forum: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12998.0

tweak

Thanks dude! I used the Mystic program to chroma smooth and then imported the DNGs into MLRawViewer for conversion to .mov. Seemed to work pretty well, PDR was pretty crappy from my trials with it.

micster

Quote from: AgentJJ on August 14, 2014, 09:15:26 PMWe just shot the entire series of the First Five Years @ 1280x720 24fps and many takes were well over several minutes.  We used the Sandisk Extreme Pros.

Always great to see something fully produced! Did you shoot in RAW with external audio, or MLV with audio?

Quote from: tweak on August 14, 2014, 10:12:10 PM
Thanks dude! I used the Mystic program to chroma smooth and then imported the DNGs into MLRawViewer for conversion to .mov. Seemed to work pretty well, PDR was pretty crappy from my trials with it.

No worries! Also I didnt realise you could put DNG's into MLRawViewer to watch them either, so cheers for that tip!

demetrisag

Quote from: AgentJJ on August 14, 2014, 09:15:26 PM
I wanted to give a little encouragement to any 650D'ers out there who haven't taken the ML Raw plunge yet.

We just shot the entire series of the First Five Years @ 1280x720 24fps and many takes were well over several minutes.  We used the Sandisk Extreme Pros.

If you want to see it, I posted it in the "Share your Videos" section of this forum: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12998.0

Agent not wanting to sound mean or anything, but why would you shoot in raw if at the end you left the colours so neutral? Its like watching HD video from any handheld camera

tweak

Quote from: micster on August 15, 2014, 01:17:55 PM
No worries! Also I didnt realise you could put DNG's into MLRawViewer to watch them either, so cheers for that tip!

Yeah neither did I until I tried it out, you never know if you never go! haha. Pretty handy work around I think. But with my limited storage capacity and mediocre grading skills I think I'm going to stick with regular old h.264 codec for a little while longer.

tweak

Also I must note that when you first open MLRawViewer it wont let you open up a DNG file... you first have to gain access by opening an MLV and then once your in there just drag the .DNG folder into the MLRawV GUI and it will work.

p.s. Also no program I've used (PDR or Son of a Batch) seem to eliminate all Pink and Green dots... does anyone else feel the same??? Can you eliminate all autofocus dots? how?