Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassescreditsroll

Quote from: dsagilles on April 28, 2014, 03:18:05 PM
Hi guys,

Here is a new RAW Video I've made using .MLV Format on my 650d, using the April 22 Alpha built.

Is this in slow motion or time lapse? Thee clouds are so beautiful very nice shot choices

dsagilles

Quote from: glassescreditsroll on May 01, 2014, 12:16:31 AM
Is this in slow motion or time lapse? Thee clouds are so beautiful very nice shot choices

Thanks you !

The videos have been shot in RAW 1536*654 @24fps, which let me about 16 sec max per clips with my SanDisk Extreme 45MB/s.
I haven't changed the frame-rate at editing, so the motion speed is the real one.
Canon 650d |  Sigma 18-200 II DC OS HSM | Auto-Chinon 50mm f/1.9 | Minolta 35-70mm
DSLR Videos, photos and tutorials on http://www.gna-productions.com

spider

a1ex

Nautilus

Today I lost about 15 interviews (from total of 45) due to a connection problem of XLR side of my microphone cable. I'm using this one: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/691061-REG/Hosa_Technology_XVM_102F_XVM_102F_Angled_3_5mm_to.html

The XLR side of this cable is very flimsy and low quality so it quickly disconnects. Anyway... The moment i noticed my interviews gone, i wished I had the headphone monitoring enabled on my camera so that I could intervene immediately.
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

glassescreditsroll

Quote from: Nautilus on May 02, 2014, 02:25:23 PM
Today I lost about 15 interviews (from total of 45) due to a connection problem of XLR side of my microphone cable. I'm using this one: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/691061-REG/Hosa_Technology_XVM_102F_XVM_102F_Angled_3_5mm_to.html

The XLR side of this cable is very flimsy and low quality so it quickly disconnects. Anyway... The moment i noticed my interviews gone, i wished I had the headphone monitoring enabled on my camera so that I could intervene immediately.
we have meters using them would have stopped this from happening also using an external field recorder could have prevented this by recording onto the external as well as the line in to your camera.

midnite

Quote from: dsagilles on May 01, 2014, 06:33:22 PM
Thanks you !

The videos have been shot in RAW 1536*654 @24fps, which let me about 16 sec max per clips with my SanDisk Extreme 45MB/s.
I haven't changed the frame-rate at editing, so the motion speed is the real one.

Which lens do you use? And do you use Polarizer? (probably yes)

dsagilles

Quote from: midnite on May 02, 2014, 07:33:11 PM
Which lens do you use? And do you use Polarizer? (probably yes)

I've used only a Sigma 18-200mm DC OS II lens.
Not the best lens but it's all I have for now.
I haven't used any Polarizer filter (in fact it doesn't came to my mind to use one, I'll try to use one in my next shoots, thanks for reminding me this filter can be useful !)
Canon 650d |  Sigma 18-200 II DC OS HSM | Auto-Chinon 50mm f/1.9 | Minolta 35-70mm
DSLR Videos, photos and tutorials on http://www.gna-productions.com

glassescreditsroll

Latest nightly said something about a new sound system not being a troll but dose this mean the coding of the audio chip went well?

Frendo

I tried to make a Picture with SystemFlash (Yongnuo YN-560 Mark III) with wireless Remote (yongnuo rc 603)

But When i try to make a Photo in M Modus "IN LIVEVIEW" it doesnt work....Can Magic Lantern help, here.

54V3 Y0UR 5377!NG5

TacomaTy

Hi all, I'm fairly new to ML and have a  quick question that I can't seem to find the answer for. Are the steps below correct in order to use exFAT?

1. Format as exFAT
2. Make bootable using eoscard - eos_develop and bootdisk? (confused about this as the original install required no flags)
3. Add nightly build

I'm hesitant as I read somewhere that said to be very careful when using exfat, but now I can't find the thread. Just looking for some reassurance.

Thanks!

javihere

Hi guys, i wanna know, its possible or will be possible, record 1080 60p with magic lantern?

Thanks

landwomble

Hi All,
I'm sure I'm doing somethign dumb but I can't get past this.  My 64GB card died, so I reinstalled ML on my 650D on a 16GB card and it works fine.
Just bought another 64GB card and I can't get it working.  I formatted new card in camera, used EOSCARD to set as bootable and copied the ML files over to it.  Now when I run firmware update in M it says "update files not found".
If I swap the 16GB card back in then that still works fine. What am I missing?

Walter Schulz

EOScard no longer needed. Format card, copy latest nightly contents to card and run firmware update.

ray84

hi guys, i got this camera recently and i have a spare card i want to try this software on. is it still alpha/beta?

i'd just like to know if its stable before i try to put it on my camera. can anyone send a link to install it, i have a mac with 10.9

AllAnglesMag

Has anyone found a way to get the audio menu up and working?

Felipe

This is personal preference, and most of the time audio meters work right.
But what I want is to disable audio meters and be able to use the latest ML nightly builds. is it possible ?
In other words Can I disable audio meters with the latest nightly builds ?
650D-700D

gxcell

Hi ladies and gentlemen.

Do-green values for shutter speed and iso have also disappeared for you with the last nightly builds?

In addition, I can't select 1/48 as a shutter value anymore when recording in 24p, do you have the same problem?

Bests

a1ex

The displayed value for shutter speeds is now consistent with Canon menu.

If you need some exact shutter speed (usually to avoid flicker), use Image finetuning -> Shutter fine-tuning.

If you think the internal shutter speeds were changed in any way, post a video to show the difference.

gxcell

Thank you a1ex. I will use the fine tuning to reach 1/48.

For the "green values" I meant that the green color that was used to depict iso 160, 320, or the 180° shutter values, is no more there. The text is now white for all values. I just wanted to know if it was normal or not. I have to mention that before today I was using a Nightly Build from August 2013.

a1ex

www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8539

BTW, if you ever notice a difference between 1/48 and 1/50 (or 1/45), show it. So far nobody was able to find one (there was an attempt here, but not convincing).

gxcell

Thank you one more time a1ex.
If I notice something weird when shooting 1/45 or 1/50 I will get the community updated.

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on May 22, 2014, 04:49:44 PM
This is personal preference, and most of the time audio meters work right.
But what I want is to disable audio meters and be able to use the latest ML nightly builds. is it possible ?
In other words Can I disable audio meters with the latest nightly builds ?
I think the code in there is still there to disable by choice, but I think they got rid of it because it was not used by enough people to make it useful and to use up menu space. I don't think it will be added back in the code, you will need to do a custom build for yourself if you ever want to see that option most likely.

I think it was only used a long time ago back when the 550D was the star if I remember correctly.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on May 22, 2014, 09:04:28 PM
I think the code in there is still there to disable by choice, but I think they got rid of it because it was not used by enough people to make it useful and to use up menu space. I don't think it will be added back in the code, you will need to do a custom build for yourself if you ever want to see that option most likely.
Thank you for your answer
650D-700D

davegravy

I'm investigating purchasing an external monitor, so I plugged my 650d into one of my desktop 1080p monitors to see what it was like.

(I apologize if any of this is covered already - I've read this thread in dribs and drabs over the last long while and don't remember any issues with HDMI, and the forum offers no way to search specific threads so I keep finding HDMI issues relating to the 5dIII)

Here's what I found:

1) Canon preview mode gives incorrect framing. Greyscale ML and HaCkED don't appear to work.
2) Focus peaking - a bar of peaking dots appears across the bottom third of the screen independent of what's in focus
3) covering the light sensor to activate arrow keys stops working
4) RAW playback isn't full screen and gives random pink/green/blue/red noise in the bars above&below.

Please take this as a bug report not a complaint.

I'm thinking I'll still spring for the monitor since focus peaking isn't really critical once your screen is larger, and I might be able to make a custom framing cropmark to frame the image properly (addressing #1). #3 is just a mild annoyance.

Cheers,

Dave