Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Quote from: mariarchi80 on May 29, 2018, 09:55:23 PMAnd does not format.
Do you get an error message? If yes: Take a screen snapshot using another cam and upload it somewhere and link it here.

PS: Please add your text in your native language. Looks like you're using an automatic translator ...

Walter Schulz

@dfort: Cannot run ADTG_GUI.mo on your 1.0.5 builds.
tcc: Error: undefined symbol 'unpatch_memory'
tcc: Error: undefined symbol 'patch_hook_function'
tcc: Error: undefined symbol 'get_ms_clock'

Going back and forth between 1.0.4 and 1.0.5: PITA.
Do you have a 1.0.5 build including a running ADTG_GUI.mo?

Bigtomthumb

Hello

Exposure override - video - no 1/25, 1/8000.

I've searched and saw a few others with the same problem but no response.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bigtomthumb

Quote from: Bigtomthumb on June 16, 2018, 06:15:07 AM
Hello

Exposure override - video - no 1/25, 1/8000.

I've searched and saw a few others with the same problem but no response.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Nvm! Turn shutter lock on in movie tweaks and control the shitter speed in ML expo menu. 1/8000 will be available at higher FPS

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Walter Schulz on June 13, 2018, 03:07:35 PM
@dfort: Cannot run ADTG_GUI.mo on your 1.0.5 builds.
tcc: Error: undefined symbol 'unpatch_memory'
tcc: Error: undefined symbol 'patch_hook_function'
tcc: Error: undefined symbol 'get_ms_clock'

Going back and forth between 1.0.4 and 1.0.5: PITA.
Do you have a 1.0.5 build including a running ADTG_GUI.mo?

Shameless bump. Hope you had a nice vacation! Some free time came up and asked me to stay home. It's either doing ML stuff or cleaning home. Please!

dfort

Back from vacation and a little rusty with ML compiling but I made an iso-research build for using ADTG_GUI.mo with the 650D.105. On my downloads page as usual.

Hope this works. Last time I used it the ADTG_GUI module in the iso-research branch has more options than the one that is included in the crop_rec_4k branch. The notes on the CMOS/ADTG/Digic register investigation on ISO topic indicate that CONFIG_GDB=y is no longer required.

BTW--I can also try to build you a 650D.105 version of whatever branch you want, just let me know. According to my notes, the 650D.105 should be pretty solid.

Felipe

650D-700D

jbassoc

Ever since I installed NB 07-03-2018 for the T4i movie recording has been erratic. Shutter speed will sometimes lock at 1/33and cannot be changed even though I originally set it at 1/50 inside of ML. I have to keep turning camera on and off. Even tried removing battery. Screen will also randomly go from live view to a text screen 'Push button to record'. This can happen while recording video. If viewing an onscreen screen menu it will change on its own to different menu's.  I installed an sd card with an older build and everything is stable. Is there something wrong with this build????
Suggestions!

Sorry! I am unable to start a 'new topic' for this problem even though I'm logged in.

dfort

@jbassoc - A couple of things to try. First, reset the ML settings either through the ML menus or delete the SETTINGS directory on your SD card. If the problem persists go to the older builds page, find the latest build that works properly for you and report back.

a1ex

Quote from: saulbass on March 14, 2018, 04:00:30 PM
just wondering if it is possible to remove the flickering live view overlay (bottom right) that persistently appears on the 650D whenever live view is activated as it obscures the menus. Appreciate this is something of a first world problem and maybe a limiting factor of these smaller canons but I was looking at some of the 700D screen dumps and noticed it wasn't there.

This appears to work on 700D; can you try the same on 650D?

diff -r 1169e0eae728 platform/700D.115/consts.h
--- a/platform/700D.115/consts.h
+++ b/platform/700D.115/consts.h
@@ -156,3 +156,3 @@
     // Next, in SetGUIRequestMode, look at what code calls NotifyGUIEvent(8, something)
-    #define GUIMODE_ML_MENU (RECORDING ? 0 : lv ? 90 : 2) // any from 88...98 ?!
+    #define GUIMODE_ML_MENU (RECORDING ? 0 : lv ? 91 : 2) // any from 88...98 ?!
     #define NUM_PICSTYLES 10

Before: in LiveView, Canon overlays pop up over ML menu all over the place (cycle through various INFO and AF settings for different effects).

After: so far, so good, but need to test some more.

Edit: 97 seems to work even better on 700D, and they both show similar behavior in QEMU. This one should also enable scrollwheel when browsing ML menu while recording H.264 (yes, some folks apparently do that).

#define GUIMODE_ML_MENU (lv ? 97 : 2)

Felipe

Any chance ML CEO Updates the firmware to 1.0.5 So all we go in the same wagon.
No doubt autofocus in video live view is better.
Just saying, Thank you!
650D-700D

dfort

Quote from: Felipe on August 26, 2018, 03:53:30 AM
Any chance ML CEO Updates the firmware to 1.0.5 So all we go in the same wagon.

We need some more user feedback on the pull request or forum. I have it marked as should be good to merge but it isn't a high priority item. You can download a test build from my downloads page if you'd like to participate in the testing but aren't able to compile yet.

Oh--and I'm not the CEO so I shouldn't be pulling the trigger on something major like a firmware update.

Felipe

Yep I downloaded it some time ago and more than happy with it since Movie servo, autofocus, Face detection is better tan 1.0.4
and other features are just as reliable as previous firmware.
By the way Thank you. I think the CEO name is Artex from Art
650D-700D

dfort

Quote from: Felipe on August 27, 2018, 05:32:53 AM
I think the CEO name is Artex from Art

Huh? Don't know where you got that from but the main developer is currently a1ex. Several people have contributed to ML. You might find this video interesting, though it is a little dated:

https://vimeo.com/66856998

Anyway, back to the 650D, according to Canon this is the only difference between 1.0.4 and 1.0.5:

QuoteCorrects a phenomenon in which when using the camera with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM or EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens, even if lens aberration correction is set to "Enable", correction will not be applied.

Felipe

Canon says that but test yourself the two firmwares and see the difference in focus with any lens.
OOOOH yes is A1ex  :-X
650D-700D

Felipe

I do use the Crop mode with the 100D, AND YES IT DOES WORK, When I turn off the camera in crop mode and turn it on again remains in crop mode,Fantastic Function.
Thank you!!
650D-700D

Felipe

On the 100D, From Canon Quick Menu Can not disable Crop switching to any other resolution it just doesn't move stays fixed in 1080 or which ever resolution is in.
However it does disable crop mode from Canon Standar Menu which is great, Probably you can fix the error on Canon quick Menu.
650D-700D

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Felipe on November 01, 2018, 07:02:09 AM
I can not use crop mode with the 650D Because I'm using the Mosaic Engineering Antialising Filter all the time and when in crop mode the antialising filter doesn't work properly.

You can tell if you are in crop mode or not and image quality isn't asked for.

Quote from: Felipe on November 01, 2018, 07:02:09 AM
Besides as you know I'm using the 105 Versión,

Which I did, too. Downgrade to 104 is possible, though.

Felipe

Done Walter, to the point, Corrected Reply.
650D-700D

Felipe

Ok Dfort on the 650D, Tested versión 105 I found at your downloads page and as well as the 100D,
When I turn off the camera in crop mode and turn it on again remains in crop mode,Fantastic Function. Thank you!!
From Canon Quick Menu Can not disable Crop switching to any other resolution it just doesn't move stays fixed in 1080 or which ever resolution is in.
However it does disable crop mode from Canon Standar Menu which is great, Probably you can fix the error on Canon quick Menu.
650D-700D

Felipe

Both Cameras 100D and 650D, when opening battery door return to non crop mode after being in crop mode.
650D-700D

dfort

Quote from: Felipe on November 03, 2018, 06:33:17 PM
Both Cameras 100D and 650D, when opening battery door return to non crop mode after being in crop mode.

Let's continue this discussion on the Save movie crop upon start up topic.

Kosty

Hello.
I put the ML on my canon 650d with firmware 1.0.4.
But on the screen I do not see any values ​​and parameters.
What to do? :'( :'(

Walter Schulz

Occasionally this (lower right corner) happens to me. Scrollwheel function not affected (or I missed something).
Can I help to corner this one?
Older nightly and experimental builds affected, too.