Dual ISO - massive dynamic range improvement (dual_iso.mo)

Started by a1ex, July 16, 2013, 06:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

For starters try to delete tag CalibrationIlluminant2:
Open command line/terminal in directory where Exiftool and test DNG are located and run
Exiftool -CalibrationIlluminant2= <name of your file>.DNG

Report results. Don't use originals but copies, please!

toze3

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 14, 2015, 04:07:23 PM
For starters try to delete tag CalibrationIlluminant2:
Open command line/terminal in directory where Exiftool and test DNG are located and run
Exiftool -CalibrationIlluminant2= <name of your file>.DNG

Report results. Don't use originals but copies, please!

Just tested and now it looks good on rawtherapee

Can this be corrected on cr2hdr? or i have to use exiftool for all files if i want to use rawtherapee?

Walter Schulz

I suppose (!) it has to be fixed in cr2hdr. Danne has pointed to dcraw and I'm no programmer.

You can batch convert your files in a directory with
Exiftool -CalibrationIlluminant2= *.DNG

heckflosse

Some background:

original dcraw reads Colormatrix1 and Colormatrix2 (if present). If Colormatrix2 is present it uses Colormatrix2 else it uses Colormatrix1. It doesn't check CalibrationIlluminant1 or CalibrationIlluminant2 for value 21 (D65).

Modified dcraw in RT reads Colormatrix1 and Colormatrix2 (if present). Then it reads CalibrationIlluminant1 and CalibrationIlluminant2 (if present), checks which of them contains value 21 (for D65).
If both contain 21 (which doesn't make sense IMHO) it uses Colormatrix2 (which is not present in the dual iso dng). I already prepared a fix for this bug in RT. But it has to be tested before it will be merged into master branch.

Ingo

dmilligan

So, I fixed this a long time ago, it just hasn't been merged. The old chdk_dng.c code is not very good and this PR replaces it completely which should fix the issue: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-requests/603/dng-module-wip

You can compile cr2hdr from that branch and test if it solves the issue, it should.

Danne

Hi dmilligan. I compiled cr2hdr through codio from your branch. I creates a biary unix executable but when I try to run it in terminal I get the following.
/Users/itguser/Downloads/ml(1)/ml_dng/modules/dual_iso/cr2hdr: cannot execute binary file

dmilligan

Danne

hehe, gotta learn more compiling linux/mac.
But honestly. Dfort, your uploads worked totally fine! Super thanks. Would you upload the raw2dng as well? it,s in the lv_rec folder inside modules folder I believe. Or isn things changed in there?
Those binaries are awesome dmilligan! Tested right away.

Don,t forget to chmod u=rwx to give the binaries permission rights if you download.

/D

DeafEyeJedi

All of this is truly beautiful ... Definitely a good way to start the weekend -- Thanks guys!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Walter Schulz

toze3

Danne

Dfort updated with a compile of also raw2dng from dmilligan branch. See replay #2557. Enjoy.

dfort

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 15, 2015, 08:55:13 AM
Anyone out there able to compile for Windows?

PM me on Monday if nobody responds. I'll dust off my old Windows laptop and give it try. It looks like all that's needed to compile the command line tools is Cygwin.

dfort

Ok--so I pulled out the Windows computer and started compiling the command line tools with Cygwin and even though it worked, turns out that you also need Cygwin installed in order to run the tools so that's not going to work for most people.

I installed MinGw and am going way down that rabbit hole--as expected.

I did manage to get a working version of dmilligan's ml_dng mlv_dump for Windows. I'll keep trying with cr2hdr and raw2dng.

mothaibaphoto

@dfort:
your mlv_dump:
1. Produses empty wav (just header, 44 bytes - RIFF$   WAVEfmt      Ђ»   о   data    and nothing else )
2. Wrong lens F - number in ACR (original mlv_dump show correct F-Number)
3. Wrong temp 50000 in ACR (original embed 5500)
The rest seems OK...

dfort

Thanks for the feedback @mothaibaphoto

Can a Mac user check and see if you encounter the same issues?

Maybe the problem is with the way I set up MinGw? I still can't get raw2dng and cr2hdr to compile.

Until someone can build some proper Windows binaries, here are the Cygwin versions. You will need to put the .dll files in the same directory as the .exe files for them to work. Not too practical for production but maybe it will work for doing some quick tests of this:

Quote from: dmilligan on August 14, 2015, 10:34:55 PM
So, I fixed this a long time ago, it just hasn't been merged. The old chdk_dng.c code is not very good and this PR replaces it completely which should fix the issue: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-requests/603/dng-module-wip

You can compile cr2hdr from that branch and test if it solves the issue, it should.

By the way--I'm just trying to help out testers that can't compile for themselves. Looks like building these command line tools in Windows is more difficult than I anticipated.

dfort

Ok--I was able to compile raw2dng and cr2hdr for Windows. You can get all the Windows builds, including mlv_dump and Cygwin builds here.

Note that raw2dng and cr2hdr were cross compiled on a Linux system. I only have an old Windows Vista laptop and it can't run these binaries so there's no guarantee that it will work. mlv_dump won't cross compile on Linux but I was able to build it on Windows. By the way, the Linux system is on the same laptop that can dual boot into Windows or Ubuntu Linux.

Anyway--please report back so we know if this is working.

Walter Schulz

Cr2hdr.exe not working in 64-bit environment. Windows identifies it as 16-bit app and denies execution.

nikfreak

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 17, 2015, 09:23:13 PM
Cr2hdr.exe not working in 64-bit environment. Windows identifies it as 16-bit app and denies execution.

+1 same for me
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

dfort

Yeah, it figures. My Windows/Linux laptop is too long in the tooth. I think these tools need to be compiled on a 64-bit system.

I'm trying to see if there's a way to run a MinGw gcc cross compiler on the Mac. In the meantime, do the other binaries work?

dfort

Danne

dfort

Thanks. Here's the whole bunch, cr2hdr, raw2dng and mlv_dump.

These are working on my old Windows laptop and they should also work on a new 64-bit system. (Used mingw-w64-i686)

Walter Schulz

Cr2hdr.exe works now. Tag-Issue solved.
But Win 8.1 "Smartscreen" is warning me about security threat. Never happened before.