Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

romanboy

Quote from: Walter Schulz on December 26, 2013, 12:41:56 AM
Top of page -> Downloads -> Browse Nightly Builds ->
700D.111
         ^^^ indicates required firmware version

Firmware version 1.1.3 is not available via Canon's support page yet. 1.1.1 is not downloadable and never will be (at least officially) because it's the first firmware version delivered with the cam and not a single "initial" firmware version has ever been made available for end users.
So you're pretty much lost until Canon will officially release 1.1.3 *and* after the developers coded ML for this firmware version.
And don't ask for a time frame because there will be none. Sorry!

Ciao
Walter

ok, the question is:
yesterday upgraded (:°) to 1.1.3 firmware... now can i downgrade to 1.1.1 somehow?

godashram

don't think you can, but with 1.1.3 finally available, I'm pretty sure something may pop up soon (fingers crossed)
Canon T5I, EOS M2

RedHerring

I am not having any of the problems that 113 fixes and I can't read Korean, so this firmware release is less than useless to me. Future cams will probably ship with it though, so ML will need to be updated.

mk11174

I notice more downloads of the Jan 25th update, but on my downloads page, https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/t5i/downloads make sure you download the latest dated version to be up to date with nightly.  :)
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

Amicus

Just a quick question: I'm looking into get a T5i for a short that I'm making so I can use Magic Lantern. Should I stick to using raw_rec or has the mlv format with sound been successfully reimplemented into the 700D firmware?

mk11174

Quote from: Amicus on January 29, 2014, 04:05:04 PM
Just a quick question: I'm looking into get a T5i for a short that I'm making so I can use Magic Lantern. Should I stick to using raw_rec or has the mlv format with sound been successfully reimplemented into the 700D firmware?
I use mlv with sound just fine with it at 1280x720@24fps

romanboy

Quote from: RedHerring on January 28, 2014, 04:03:23 AM
I am not having any of the problems that 113 fixes and I can't read Korean, so this firmware release is less than useless to me. Future cams will probably ship with it though, so ML will need to be updated.

yeah...I was wrong and now i have to wait....

Amicus

Quote from: mk11174 on January 29, 2014, 05:55:31 PM
I use mlv with sound just fine with it at 1280x720@24fps
Do you use it straight from the nightly downloads or add it in later? I'm asking because I remember an issue listed here earlier with the MLV format where the solution was to add it post-download. I think  ::) Thanks!

mk11174

I dont use the nightly, I compile myself but its from the same source as nightly, so should be the same.

Amicus

Quote from: mk11174 on January 30, 2014, 01:14:53 AM
I dont use the nightly, I compile myself but its from the same source as nightly, so should be the same.
I just downloaded the nightly for today to take a look at what's been going on lately. In the modules folder the is mlv_play, mlv_rec, and raw_rec, but no mlv_snd. Did it get merged with _rec or taken out completely, and in what way do you compile it? (just trying to learn a few things).

mk11174

Quote from: Amicus on January 30, 2014, 03:21:53 AM
I just downloaded the nightly for today to take a look at what's been going on lately. In the modules folder the is mlv_play, mlv_rec, and raw_rec, but no mlv_snd. Did it get merged with _rec or taken out completely, and in what way do you compile it? (just trying to learn a few things).
You can use my compiled version or just the mlv_snd module from it, it should still work with nightly its only 2 days old.
https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/t5i/downloads/ML_700D_ML_Audio_Jan_27_2014.zip

Compiling is much to much to explain, theres much you will need to learn to be able to compile.  :(

Amicus

Quote from: mk11174 on January 30, 2014, 04:00:35 AM
You can use my compiled version or just the mlv_snd module from it, it should still work with nightly its only 2 days old.
https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/t5i/downloads/ML_700D_ML_Audio_Jan_27_2014.zip

Compiling is much to much to explain, theres much you will need to learn to be able to compile.  :(
I'm quite aware of that haha. I've always wanted to get I to this kind if thing, should be fun to delve into at some point. Thanks for the download as well!

mk11174

Ok, after trial and error debugging with Glassescreditsroll, I came up with a good temp solution for fulltime meters that works exactly the same on the 650d and 700d https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/t5i/downloads/ML_700D_Meters_Jan_30_2014.zip

It enables Photomode remote shoot without going into Audio Menu and meters work fulltime in Movie Mode.

If you notice the meters are not the same levels when you first start cam compared to how they are when you record a movie, don't worry, it means you are using Manual Gain Control in Canon Audio Menu. This temp solution just gets meters going and it does it in Auto Gain Control mode, so this is why your levels will look differ at first, but good news is, you can either set Canon Gain control to Auto and levels will be same no matter what, whether you record or don't record, or restart cam.

Or if you are one to use Manual Control of Canon Gain, than just simply record a 1 second clip and when you stop that recording, that will kick the levels into Manual mode to match Canons setting, or simply just goto the Canon levels menu 1 time and that will also do it.

But once you restart camera, you will have to go back to Canons Audio menu or just record a 1sec clip again.

But if you Have Canon Gain Control set to Auto, then you wont have to do any steps at all, they will just work fine.

So nothing is wrong with the levels if they are differ at first start compared to when you record, it is just ML does not know how to control the gain yet, so I have it simply turn meters on in Auto Gain mode. I can set it to Manual, but it would be useless, since the Audio Chip is not programmed yet, so the changes you make in Canon Menu wont reflect the ML levels, I can only hardcode a value in ML code and it will not be same as Canon level, so it is just pointless till the Audio chip is fully coded and configured to work with ML.

For now, I just basically turned the meters on and they reset when they need to so they will work correctly.

This new way does not mess with wind filter so there wont be any issues with the filters being buggy.

BASSPRO

Quote from: mk11174 on January 30, 2014, 03:58:09 PM
Ok, after trial and error debugging with Glassescreditsroll, I came up with a good temp solution for fulltime meters that works exactly the same on the 650d and 700d https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/t5i/downloads/ML_700D_Meters_Jan_30_2014.zip

It enables Photomode remote shoot without going into Audio Menu and meters work fulltime in Movie Mode.

If you notice the meters are not the same levels when you first start cam compared to how they are when you record a movie, don't worry, it means you are using Manual Gain Control in Canon Audio Menu. This temp solution just gets meters going and it does it in Auto Gain Control mode, so this is why your levels will look differ at first, but good news is, you can either set Canon Gain control to Auto and levels will be same no matter what, whether you record or don't record, or restart cam.

Or if you are one to use Manual Control of Canon Gain, than just simply record a 1 second clip and when you stop that recording, that will kick the levels into Manual mode to match Canons setting, or simply just goto the Canon levels menu 1 time and that will also do it.

But once you restart camera, you will have to go back to Canons Audio menu or just record a 1sec clip again.

But if you Have Canon Gain Control set to Auto, then you wont have to do any steps at all, they will just work fine.

So nothing is wrong with the levels if they are differ at first start compared to when you record, it is just ML does not know how to control the gain yet, so I have it simply turn meters on in Auto Gain mode. I can set it to Manual, but it would be useless, since the Audio Chip is not programmed yet, so the changes you make in Canon Menu wont reflect the ML levels, I can only hardcode a value in ML code and it will not be same as Canon level, so it is just pointless till the Audio chip is fully coded and configured to work with ML.

For now, I just basically turned the meters on and they reset when they need to so they will work correctly.

This new way does not mess with wind filter so there wont be any issues with the filters being buggy.

This is great. I have tried it out and it works for me. I'm so happy to be able to see audio metres whilst I'm recording. I don't have to worry if my mic is switched on. Well done, and thank you for your hard work, it's definitely made my day!

Have used this release every day for past 5 days without a hitch. Great job, love it!

smyky

Whenever i record a RAW video these image errors to occur?  http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#

godashram

Quote from: smyky on February 05, 2014, 07:53:25 PM
Whenever i record a RAW video these image errors to occur?  http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#
your link is not complete/not working
Canon T5I, EOS M2

godashram

there is a pink dot remover app somewhere on these forums which I think is made for this exact reason....

update: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6658.0
Canon T5I, EOS M2

[email protected]

Having a problem with MLV_SND, I see load: MLV_SND.MO > Linking> then several errors
mlv_rec_get_free_slot
mlv_rec_queue_block
mlv_rec_release_slot
mlv_rec_get_slot_info
mlv_rec_set_rel_timestamp

Then [E] failed to link modules

Am I doing something wrong or can I do something differently so that the module will load?

[UPDATE]

After testing some more It appears the MLV_SND module will load if MLV_REC is also selected. MLV_SND appears to be SMTPE, I had thought it was the sound meters. What's the deal? How do I get sound meters?

dmilligan

Quote from: [email protected] on February 07, 2014, 02:31:39 AM
How do I get sound meters?

Reverse engineer the audio hardware in the 700D and implement it or wait for someone else to

http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features

[email protected]

Thanks BASSPRO,

I tried the ML_700D_Meters_Jan_30_2014 files but no luck getting audio meters to appear. Which modules are you loading? Did you make any changes in the Canon Audio settings, is your audio recording in AUTO, MANUAL, or DISABLED?

[email protected]

:D Got the audio meters working on my T5i.

Found that I had to load;
MLV_PLAY
MLV_REC
MLV_SND

Thanks BASSPRO

Ramon

I'm sorry but I'm new to Magic Lantern stuff, but what I see is much awesomeness :D
I wanna know if I should use this or not.. I have a Canon 700D, but I don't want to mess it up. :( Because I get warning after warning message when I download the firmware

What can I expect from the RAW video options? For how long would I be able to record video, and what fps etc?

What are the chances that it would destroy my camera?
Would it be better to wait for a stable version?

I know.. lots of questions, but I don't know who else to ask ;(
Thanks