Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarkarshomit

Wow, jeff...i cant believe a total newb like me who took a total blind shot actually helped u...u cannot believe how glad that makes me....cool bro...

now some questions from my end.....

guys....i was seeing this video

@ 9.46 i want to create something similar....@ 10.22 u will see a screen on camera that shows on MOVIE option u see load h264.ini..... I dont have taht...i see something else....how to get that h264.ini working in my 700D

fotoguy

sarkarshomit: In the YouTube video, he's using a different camera with a different version of ML. Your menu will be different.

fotoguy

On the previous page, I was having trouble with my remotes. I sent the camera to Canon and they could not find any problem with the camera. I got it back yesterday and it still would not work. I tried it with and without the battery grip, made no difference. Then, I messed with the settings on the intervalometer built into the battery grip and it the remotes started working. Apparently, the problem was in the battery grip. How Canon got it to work is a mystery to me. I first tried it without the grip and it didn't work for me.

Anyhow, the problem was definitely NOT from Magic Lantern. I am so glad to discover that. Magic Lantern is the kind of product that, once you try it, you never want to be without it again.

Big thanks to Walter Schulz for all your help!

Tdbraban

First off I'd like to express my appreciation for everyone contributing to this project. This firmware has made my camera so much more useful.

I like to shoot at high bitrate h.264 with this camera and it works great even with grading after converting to avid DNxHD. The RAW option is extremely useful when I need to capture low light situations that would be a mess with h.264.

I recently bought a rode shotgun mic for my 700D and was wondering if there is any progress on the audio monitoring capabilities for the 700D.
Thank you!

sven1043

I have one question for using ML with my Canon 700D: where can I find the "trap focus" function? or is this function not integrated in ML for the 700D?

Thanks for your help

Jotys

t5i not allow to trigger 3rd party flash in live view. Is there any work around with ML. I am using  Yongnuo YN460-II Speedlite on camera and also tried with NPT-04 4 Channel Wireless Hot Shoe Flash Trigger. If I connect the flash to camera with PC sync cord it allowed me to shoot in live view but everything else is disabled ( can't exit live view mode or press any buttom. Is there a 3rd party trigger which will work in Live view?

Walter Schulz

Quote from: sven1043 on February 12, 2015, 09:57:59 PMwhere can I find the "trap focus" function? or is this function not integrated in ML for the 700D?

https://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features
Not there, sorry. My 650D doesn't trap, too and - according to devs - it won't be changed because Canon changed cams behauviour.

teryoki

Hi everyone, I just bought my 700D almost a month right now and I am really curious about ML. I just started creating videos and basically I am a newbie in this field. I have watched videos and read reviews about this amazing firmware. I also downloaded the compatible build from (http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/). However, I need some information from people who actually installed and used it. Here are some of my questions:

I have two SD cards, should both card contain ML firmware?

If in any case I would like to remove ML, is it possible? How to restore the firmware on the 700D?

I am also interested in LUTs, when shooting in RAW video, will it provide me with log?

Thank you very much for your help. This will really help me in my future endeavor. 

Helmut

Hi,

I´m missing a feature: a permanent mirror lockup when shooting photos using LiveView.

Is that somehow possible? From my limited technical understanding I see no reason why the mirror needs to move in that situation.

Or is it already implemented and I just didn´t find the option yet?

Another question: Is there any way to activate LV + a magified window + focus peaking? I don´t care, how slow it would become.

Thanks for any hint,

Helmut

Helmut

In case the reference to the forum search was meant for me - does that mean the answer to my questions is "yes, it´s possible"?

Within the last days I read a lot here, but couldn´t find answers to my questions concerning these specific camera model. That´s why I ask in the forum now.

I would really appreciate a general answer like "sure, no problem" or a "forget it with the 700D".

Thank you!

neveripe

Am I correct that this could be used on 100D (as I've read that 100D is almost identical to 700D in terms of internals) ?

If not, could somebody advise where can one find version for 100D?

Walter Schulz

Quote from: neveripe on February 18, 2015, 09:12:55 PMIf not, could somebody advise where can one find version for 100D?

There is none at time of writing. See http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5529.0

m3racing88

A couple questions/problems:

I am using Magic Zoom, Medium, 3:1 (which I love) but when I hit record the zoom window flickers. I have read other similar problems and things were suggested like charging battery but nothing seems to fix this. Can anybody offer help with this?

Is there a way on the T5i to increase the size of the histogram and/or move its location on the screen?

pobmedia

I'm turning to the experienced ML 700D / T5i users for help.

I've been searching, reading, watching videos for several days to figure out how to remove the pink and green dots on my magic lantern raw footage...to no avail.

My workflow is shoot raw, use either Rawmagic Lite or raw2dmg, then Adobe DMG converter.  I've used Rawtherapee and Davinci Resolve...trying desperately to remove these dots.  Rawtherapee works the best, but there are still dots.

I'd rather prevent them in the first place as any removal adds several steps.

Any help from experienced ML users is appreciated.

(The 2 lenses I'm using, both of which result with same results, Canon 24mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.8)

Jotys

I've been there too. I dont know about mac but if you are on PC then download raw2cdng.1.7.0 from http://www.phreekz.de/wordpress/2014/04/magiclantern-raw2cdng-1-5-0/ and make sure chroma smoothing is checked. Only this one work for me.

petermarin

Can someone please explain how to fix audio on Canon 700d? I just installed ML in order to fix the audio gain that my camera receives when recording video. I can't find the audio module or where I can turn the AGC off. Please help and thank you!

Walter Schulz

Read your cam's manual. AGC off is part of Canon's menu.

petermarin

I can't find the AGC off in the Canon menu

Walter Schulz

petermarin

I tried that but there's still audio gain.

petermarin

I need MAJOR assistance right now. I downloaded the vol_64 from https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/700d113/downloads/ and now my sound isn't working AT ALL! I don't know what to do. Please help!

pobmedia

Quote from: Jotys on March 12, 2015, 04:49:38 AM
I've been there too. I dont know about mac but if you are on PC then download raw2cdng.1.7.0 from http://www.phreekz.de/wordpress/2014/04/magiclantern-raw2cdng-1-5-0/ and make sure chroma smoothing is checked. Only this one work for me.

Thanks, but from what I've read on other posts, and my own experience with a Mac, is the Chroma Smoothing isn't available.  I'm now thinking of using someone else's PC just for this purpose and then use my Mac for the rest of the work.

Joeys, Did you have these Pink Dots on every single video of yours?  Or is there certain settings to avoid them all together?

Thanks.

pobmedia

Quote from: petermarin on March 12, 2015, 11:08:28 PM
I tried that but there's still audio gain.

You can only disable the audio within Canon or just switch to manual.  From manual, dial down all the way, then come back right 4-6 ticks.  Unfortunately, ML for the 700D isn't built the same way as other cameras.  So no AGC, and other, controls within ML.

I too was hoping, then researching for days, that I could have all sorts of audio controls within ML.  But as of now the 700D nightly builds haven't caught up to the other Canons.  If I knew code, I'd attempt it.

Just a thought, if you are using ML and there is so much going on with this hack, then you might consider using an alternative external device to capture audio.