Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalVeil

Gotcha, thanks for taking the time to explain =)
Glass: EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF-S 55-250mm IS STM, EF-S 18-55mm IS STM

JPdestro

I have just downloaded ML for my T5i and have encountered some issues :/ ( actually I've downloaded and installed like 10 versions and have encountered the same issue in all of them )

I can't figure out the live audio preview. I have all the cables and a external mic, but ML menu does not show the option to enable me to preview audio live. This was one of the key factors for me when I first downloaded it and still can't get it

nicholaslyz

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've just installed ML on my 700D. I can't get the image overlay (focus peaking, zebras) to appear in image playback mode, is there a way around this?

DigitalVeil

In FPS Override, I can't seem to find the "high FPS" option nor can I overcrank beyond 60fps (even when setting 65 or 70fps).  Is this disabled/impossible on the 700D?
Glass: EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF-S 55-250mm IS STM, EF-S 18-55mm IS STM

Jotys

Hi, I am new to ML. Tried my t5i with latest ML and I have problem with pink dots, only way that I can fix
pink dots is record in raw not ml and then run through raw2dng_cs2x2. Tryed also MlRawViewer_1_3_3 but
still can see the pink dot. Is there way to fix the pink dots if recorded in ml rec mode ( mlv ) with sound ?

DigitalVeil

Try raw2cdng (http://www.phreekz.de/wordpress/2014/04/magiclantern-raw2cdng-1-5-0/) and make sure 'chroma smoothing 2x2' is enabled.  Works for my 700D mlv files.  Raw2cdng is a little finicky though.  Only the latest few versions have chroma smoothing, and among those versions, 1.6.3 was the only version that worked properly on Windows 8.1 for me (ironically the only one labeled 'buggy') and even that version sometimes rejects the mlv files for whatever reason.  If that happens just close and re-open the app, make sure you are dragging the mlv files in from your desktop instead of another folder.

andy kh

its not neccessary to drag mlv files from desktop. i can drag and drop from any drive. i even drag from my sd card. it works
5D Mark III - 70D

DigitalVeil

Isolated experience.  Just because it works on your system doesn't mean it works universally.  It's quite buggy on Windows 8.1

Jotys

Thanks a lot . Problem solved. I had to try all the version of raw2cdng. The only one which work for me is this one raw2cdng 1.6.3 beta – 21.11.2014 BUGGY well only one mlv file tested so far. The latest version  would not allow me to load any file even from Desktop.I am using  Windows 7 64bit.

DigitalVeil

Interesting.  Like I said, 1.6.3 was the only version that worked for me also.  1.6.5 wouldn't accept my mlv files.  I figured the problem was W8.1 and that it would be fine on W7.  Maybe for now it's just best to shoot raw instead of mlv, there are more options for raw.

andy kh

i too hav problem with 1.6.5 and i hav reported to chmee on rawcdng discussion. you guys shoul also report in the link below chmee can help in his next version
http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5618.0
5D Mark III - 70D

hoopy

Hi stephen here from Ireland. Anyone recommend a good stable release for the 700d. So many to choose from. I had my 60d running v2.3 for the past year and love it. Got a second camera and want to install ML on it. First time on a nightly build.
PS: could I update my 60d to a nightly build also to have a similar interface as the 700d.
Thanks in advance.

Walter Schulz

Go with latest. Try older versions if you find current version troublesome to use.
And run ExFAT filesystem recording RAW/MLV. Adds handling issues but will reduce stress when reaching 4 GB margins. (Reduce stress as in "lower probabillity for breaks using higher data rates for longer durations")

hoopy

Thanks a mill for all the info.  ;)

fotoguy

I had my new T5i for 1 week and installed Magic lantern. Now, the remote does not work - even after uninstalling ML and reinstalling the Canon firmware. I've tried a couple different remotes and they both worked before the ML install but not now. Any ideas?

I originally installed the 2014-10-07 nightly, then tried the 2015-01-14 nightly. Had the correct Canon firmware.

walter_schulz

Wired remote? IR remote? Other?
If wired remote: Is AF working? If not: Try to trigger in MF mode.

fotoguy

Both wired remotes. I also tried it with 2-second and 10-second timer. AF works when half-pressing shutter button on camera.

walter_schulz

Sounds like cam's remote control terminal got jammed. Wired remote control uses a stereo phone connector (TRS) in 2.5 mm. There are 3 wires:
- Common ground
- Focus
- Shutter (not working anymore)

L = Shutter
R = Focus
GND = Ground

Source: Wikipedia

fotoguy

Thanks, walter_schulz. I'll check the continuity on it.

Sheldon Cooper

Hello, sorry in advance for my english!  :-[

I'm a total newbie, i installed the latest nightly builds and i can't get 1/50 shutter speed in movie mode, just 1/45 184° and 1/60 144° .
Can anybody help me to find a solution? Thank you.

walter_schulz

Movie tab -> Image Fine-tuning -> Shutter fine-tuning

Sheldon Cooper

Thank you walter_schulz, what is the correct value?  I set it to -0.49ms and now i can get 1/50 shutter speed.

walter_schulz

You wanted 1/50 and now you have 1/50.
Problem solved. If not: Describe your problem.

Sheldon Cooper

Just asking if there is a common/better setting between shutter speed and shutter fine-tuning.
No problems, thank you.

fotoguy

Hello. Getting back to my remote problems on a few-week old 700D, I tried a wireless remote and when I press the button, the info on the LCD disappears for a second, but the camera doesn't focus and the shutter does not release. So I know it is getting some kind of signal, but it's only being picked up by the battery grip. When I remove the grip, the wireless remote does nothing to the camera (yes, I have the remote/timer turned on). I'd hate to have to send this thing in to Canon since it's only a few weeks old. I went through the entire ML menu and didn't see anything that could be changed. Any help, please?