RAWanizer - windows batch generation of video files from RAW

Started by marten, May 21, 2013, 03:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marten

Quote from: ted ramasola on July 25, 2013, 09:39:21 AM
just tested 0.6.0 and dngs still cannot be opend with RESOLVE.

Ok. I have been on vacation for some weeks and have not really followed the progress of ML lately. So what is required to do with the RAW file to get it to open in resolve? I just assumed that using the latest raw2dng would be enough. Downloaded from link in this post http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5404.0

Dimitri de la monte

Resolve can only open Cinema DNG files. So it only works with the "raw2cdng.exe" ;-) I hope you can implement it to rawanizer :-)

You can download it here: http://www.phreekz.de/wordpress/2013/06/magiclantern-raw2cdng-cinema-dng/

and this ist the ML tread: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5618.0

ted ramasola

Quote from: Dimitri de la monte on July 25, 2013, 11:54:21 AM
Resolve can only open Cinema DNG files. So it only works with the "raw2cdng.exe" ;-) I hope you can implement it to rawanizer :-)

You can download it here: http://www.phreekz.de/wordpress/2013/06/magiclantern-raw2cdng-cinema-dng/

and this ist the ML tread: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5618.0

resolve already opens DNGs from magic lantern Raw video. No need to use CDNGs.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

chmee

[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

ted ramasola

Quote from: marten on July 25, 2013, 09:53:38 AM
Ok. I have been on vacation for some weeks and have not really followed the progress of ML lately. So what is required to do with the RAW file to get it to open in resolve? I just assumed that using the latest raw2dng would be enough. Downloaded from link in this post http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5404.0

Marten,

I did some tests with your new build.

I found out why your files can't be seen by resolve, its the way your FOLDERS are named. For example:

M25-1248.dng

I renamed them to say, folder1 or footage and now Resolve can see it.

The extracted dng frames inside the folders OPEN with resolve no problems.

if you can find a way to name it intuitively without the dot (.dng) it would work.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

ted ramasola

Quote from: marten on July 23, 2013, 11:26:48 AM
With the 0.6.0 version I hope I fixed scenario two.

scenario #2 is now fixed!

for scenario #1 I think the way your program works now is that it merges spanned files IN THE SOURCE. This is not good since usually the source will be full and thus give you fail result, also it it slow.

I think you should program it to do the merging process in the destination folder.

Also its not so clear, but is there an option that the sources will be left or just copied and not moved? For safety reason.
I think you have that but I guess the option words are not clear to me , sorry.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

Supermac

Hi, I just installed the new version. It still had files loaded up on the screen that I converted from the previous install. I clicked delete files from disk to remove them from the window and I just realised that it may have actually removed the files from my hard disk, is this right? I can still see the spanned files but not the original raw file.

Thanks

lilpillz

Once I've converted my raw files to dngs
And have gone in edited the dngs in ACR
How do I get RAWanizer to make that into a .mov?

I must be using the wrong settings because I only end up creating tiffs and a proxy mov from dngs
These both do not have the edits that have occurred in ACR- it is just the original look of the dngs pre edit

Have I selected the wrong folders or not clicked the right buttons- please help

bzhwindtalker

Helo guys! when using rawanizer I noticed that there is some sort of auto exposure thing going on with the prores proxies, I can't use them because they flicker... any ideas? my footage are fine (tested on a diferent workflow)
50D, Komputarbay 1000x 32gb, Tokina at-x 24-40, Centon 50f1.7, 55-250 IS II, zoom H1

eyeland

Perhaps I missed something obvious, but I am experiencing an issue, where my DNGs seemingly come out with lossy compression even though I choose "lossless".
Jut ran a 132GB batch over night and most of the DNG's came out around 800-900kb and not the ~2.5mb that I'd expect, resulting in an output of ~33GB  any thoughts?
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

pinger007

Can't wait to test V0.6.0!!!  I've been using 0.5.5 for over a month and it's been great!  Definitely the best workflow around (edit proxies quickly, then replace with DNG sequences for final grade and output).  Keep up the good work.
all you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you

Francis Frenkel

Hello

Impossible to open the application...
I get this error message after installation, when I double clic in the icon :

Error CLR : 8000-4005
The application will close

Could you help me ?
Francis Frenkel
www.ffrenkel.com

marten

Quote from: Francis Frenkel on July 30, 2013, 09:09:13 AM
Hello

Impossible to open the application...
I get this error message after installation, when I double clic in the icon :

Error CLR : 8000-4005
The application will close

Could you help me ?

Are yuu running windows xp? (RAWanizer cannot run on XP) If you run win 7 or later, try reinstalling .net framwork ver 4.5 from microsoft.

marten

Quote from: eyeland on July 28, 2013, 01:42:41 PM
Perhaps I missed something obvious, but I am experiencing an issue, where my DNGs seemingly come out with lossy compression even though I choose "lossless".
Jut ran a 132GB batch over night and most of the DNG's came out around 800-900kb and not the ~2.5mb that I'd expect, resulting in an output of ~33GB  any thoughts?

RAWanizer do not compress anything and there is no option to choose 'lossless'. Are you using BATCHelor? Then you are in the wrong thread asking the question.

marten

Quote from: bzhwindtalker on July 27, 2013, 10:43:54 PM
Helo guys! when using rawanizer I noticed that there is some sort of auto exposure thing going on with the prores proxies, I can't use them because they flicker... any ideas? my footage are fine (tested on a diferent workflow)

The only thing that can affect this is your settings for dcraw. Use the default or remove the entire string with develop settings and see if you still have flicker.

marten

Quote from: Supermac on July 27, 2013, 04:06:46 AM
Hi, I just installed the new version. It still had files loaded up on the screen that I converted from the previous install. I clicked delete files from disk to remove them from the window and I just realised that it may have actually removed the files from my hard disk, is this right? I can still see the spanned files but not the original raw file.

Thanks

'Delete files from disk' does what it says, deletes the files from disk. It also asks for confirmation if you are sure you want to permanently delete the files. So don't use it if you don't want to delete the files from disk.

There might be a bug when the files are spanned though.

marten

Quote from: lilpillz on July 27, 2013, 05:46:25 AM
Once I've converted my raw files to dngs
And have gone in edited the dngs in ACR
How do I get RAWanizer to make that into a .mov?

I must be using the wrong settings because I only end up creating tiffs and a proxy mov from dngs
These both do not have the edits that have occurred in ACR- it is just the original look of the dngs pre edit

Have I selected the wrong folders or not clicked the right buttons- please help

Please read the original post, but notice that the name of processing options have changed. To extract the dng to use in ACR, select 'only extract dng from raw'. Then when you have exported the tiffs from ACR into the 'tiff' subfolder, use the processing option 'make video from output of external dng converter' to make the video file.

marten

Quote from: pinger007 on July 30, 2013, 04:38:48 AM
Can't wait to test V0.6.0!!!  I've been using 0.5.5 for over a month and it's been great!  Definitely the best workflow around (edit proxies quickly, then replace with DNG sequences for final grade and output).  Keep up the good work.
Thanks, glad it's useful for someone :)

kgv5

Quote from: pinger007 on July 30, 2013, 04:38:48 AM

Is there any way to replace proxies faster than clicking one by one like i do it?
I do it like this:
rawanizer - i make mp4 proxies
import proxies to premiere
edit
i select all clips and make replacement with AE composition
in AE i am right clicking on every clip and just replacing them with original DNGs (and making ACR grading)
i am adding some additional color grading with MB looks
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

Francis Frenkel

Quote from: marten on July 30, 2013, 10:24:55 AM
Are yuo running windows xp? (RAWanizer cannot run on XP) If you run win 7 or later, try reinstalling .net framwork ver 4.5 from microsoft.

I did it again (re-installation of framework 4.5 for windows 7 SP1 64bits but it doesn't work anyway...).

Still the same error message.

NO chance to use your famous application ?
Francis Frenkel
www.ffrenkel.com

ted ramasola

Hi Marten,

Hope you can fix the folder naming for the output files so resolve can see them.
We are finishing a FREE guide to using the ML raw video http://www.dvxuser.com/guides/ml_raw_guide_5DIII_full.pdf

Its still not finished and in the post processing part for windows, I'm recommending RAWanizer as one of the apps to use for merging split files and dng extraction.
Its just that, for this version, I had to place in the cons list that the folder names has to be manually changed for it to be seen in resolve.

Thanks in advance,
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

marten

Quote from: ted ramasola on August 01, 2013, 05:39:41 AM
Hi Marten,

Hope you can fix the folder naming for the output files so resolve can see them.
We are finishing a FREE guide to using the ML raw video http://www.dvxuser.com/guides/ml_raw_guide_5DIII_full.pdf

Its still not finished and in the post processing part for windows, I'm recommending RAWanizer as one of the apps to use for merging split files and dng extraction.
Its just that, for this version, I had to place in the cons list that the folder names has to be manually changed for it to be seen in resolve.

Thanks in advance,

Uploaded ver 0.6.1. Should name -dng instead of .dng

ted ramasola

Marten,

Just tested  ver. 0.6.1

Bravo! Thank you for fixing that. Now resolve can see the folders!

5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

marten

Quote from: ted ramasola on August 01, 2013, 10:32:25 AM
Marten,

Just tested  ver. 0.6.1

Bravo! Thank you for fixing that. Now resolve can see the folders!

You can also choose to put all dngs in the same target folder, that way you don't have to change folders in resolve to see all clips.

ted ramasola

Quote from: marten on August 01, 2013, 11:16:04 AM
You can also choose to put all dngs in the same target folder, that way you don't have to change folders in resolve to see all clips.

all is good now because even dragging the folders themselves into the media bin is now possible.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas