Davinci Resolve 11 raw2cdng 1.6.5 sync audio problem

Started by artyg, January 16, 2015, 09:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artyg

Hello guys! I test newest raw2cdng version wich can link dng and wav in Davinci automatically. In Library i see, that my cdng have sound and i can play it. But, when i import cdng with sound into Media Pool - sound is off! In Edit panel i see empty audio track and no sound play. On export the same - empty audio track. My temp solution that i find - cut audio wav file from subfolder with cdng and import it separately in Media Pool. Next do Auto-Sync Audio Basec on Timecode (select cdng and wav in Media Pool and right mouse click on it). And sound on! Very strange...

Camera Canon 5D3 113 FW with ML 25April2014. I use raw2cdng 1.6.5 to make cdng.

Canon 5D3 SanDisk Extreme Pro 64Gb 160MB/s

chmee

@artyg
please try another filenaming in raw2cdng.
[P]_[F]_1_[M3]_0050_C0000(_)
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

artyg

No, the same thing... But now whole folder with cdng and wav view in Davinci as one file! This greate!

This is my small test file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxDyTWKlBKcWemIzS2Z3aDVKU2s/view?usp=sharing Đ•here are no loud noises, but audible background noise.

chmee

@artyg
did a fast test with your mlv. and it was media with audio (in resolve as well). cant really help you. maybe it helps, you erase the old settings-file from raw2cdng.

C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\raw2cdng.2.settings.json

but finally, resolve recognises the audiopart and shows it inside your mediafile. seems to be a resolve-thing i cant really help.

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

artyg

Quotedid a fast test with your mlv. and it was media with audio. cant really help you.

Thankyou, chmee! I test this cdng+wav sequence in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014 and it work correct! Video+Audio. Strange Resolve bug. But i find work well solution (in post 1) :)

nlhenry1

I'm trying to solve the same problem, but with no luck in Resolve. Has anyone figured out how to get raw audio to work correctly straight off the camera in Resolve (windows)?

dezbo

Hi!

Same problem here, but as far as I've tested it happens only with raw2cdng 1.7.5 and 1.7.4; 1.6.5 works fine..
I can test other version if it helps

allemyr

Have had the same problem a year ago, thought version 1.6.5 was without any kind of small issue, but then I reverted back to 1.6.1. At least for me it did make correct timecode so Resolve could link audio and video.

My old posts from RAW2CDNG discussion.

"Have had some trouble recently with raw2cdng 1.6.5, it doesn't make correct timecode all the time, 1 out of 15 clips don't sync sound properly in Davinci Resolve.
I've tried the 2 problematic clips with MLVFS on mac and they both work fine and sync well on my PC inside Resolve. Maybe someone else having the same problem with audio sync so I highlight it here."

"raw2cdng version 1.6.1 do manage to sync the audio and make the timecode complete of these "problematic" clips.
So I use that app instead."

Hope it helps

I don't know what else easy to use and fast batcher for MLV files to use other then RAW2CDNG so I'am happy that it's a 1.6.1 version still out there.

/ allemyr

http://www.allemyr.com/