5D2 RAW video Builds 14-Bit

Started by a.d., May 20, 2013, 05:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wl_kicker

the new Raw2dng_resolve.exe still can not work with resolve..

a.d.

Thanks I will correct the post! It seems Davinci Resolve doesn't like thumbnail in DNG (source)

ted ramasola

Thanks for the update.

Someone in this thread http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5419.275
reply # 285
posted this image using build 21 version and show black spots,http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/993/raw1j.png

Is this the digic issue on bad pixels which I read was addressed in the change log?

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

bronson

savale

Thanks for building :) I will test a new build soon

Atrakt

I have tested the last build and the raw2dng.exe and I always have the first DNG pink when I convert it, It's normal?
(It's only the first frame, so it's not a big problem...)

My 2 cents contrib ;)

P.S. : again, sorry for my english! ;)

olik

Thanks for the new builds!
I do however have a strange new error when using your newest build of raw2dng for mac:

Quoterm: *.dng: No such file or directory
raw2dng converter GUI for OsX
Beta ver.0.7
/Users/root/Desktop/raw2dng.app/Contents/Resources/script: line 3:   368 Segmentation fault: 11  ./raw2dng "$file_is"

a.d.

@ted ramasola
You are right. Thanks for the head up! It's the sensor noise. The DIGIC Register provide a fuction to fix that. a1ex (credits: nanomad) already implemented the call to the function 2 days ago.

@Atrakt
I will look after that
Update: I can't reproduce that!

@olik
Just tested on Mountain Lion at it works! Which Version of OSX?
Update: which scrax's version work for you?

X-RAY

@ a.d.

thx!
tested the new ETTR feature. really nice.
but back to RAW. I got an issue with the current build. when RAW is switched "on" and I zoom to 5x the LV does some weird things and shows a black/white image. at 10x its normal.
www.frankenfotograf.com
instagram.com/frankenfotograf

Yoshiyuki Blade

I think that BW image is a simulation of the coverage of the raw recording feature. Unlike in full frame mode, where you can just show a white box to indicate the crop areas, the zoom mode by itself can't show you the full extent of your crop zone so it has to show a distorted BW image to illustrate the full extent of your frame.

a.d.

X-RAY

@  Yoshiyuki Blade
So you mean its a feature not a bug? But that wasn't till this build. Didn't it show the real recording-area in 5x-mode before?
Is this a new "feature"?

Global Draw is On. When its Off its not happening.

It seems to occur only after I record in RAW the first time after booting. After that whenever RAW is on and I zoom to 5x it is b/w and kind of weird.
www.frankenfotograf.com
instagram.com/frankenfotograf

Yoshiyuki Blade

Yeah, I think it's related to this change from a while ago:

Quoteed94a01ee362 | alex: raw_rec: added live raw preview for x5 zoom mode (so you can frame in crop mode); added option for panning in menu (dolly mode)

nanomad

It could also be related to the af-raw call as we don't really know what it does
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

1%

Not a bug... this is raw preview. Otherwise you get 5x zoom box completely unrelated to what you're shooting. Do 10x if you want to see color/focus.

ted ramasola

For those with a 5DmkII and a VAF filter, I tested that the filter is essential at 1x resolution.

However, its mushed up soft when used at 5X crop mode.

Here is a new chart test at 1880 x 1080 & 1920 x 1078 comparing the DNGs with a still CR2 sraw2 frame and also with a chart at h264.

This is using NB may 22.

5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

tihon

Cinema, cinema, cinema

ted ramasola

There is still a little color aliasing without the vaf filter, at crop mode using 5x magnify, there is slight color aliasing but it is minimal compared to no filter at 1x.

So my conclusion is, filter is good at normal 1x.

At crop mode 5x, using a VAF filter softens the image.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

tihon

Quote from: ted ramasola on May 23, 2013, 03:10:13 PM
There is still a little color aliasing without the vaf filter, at crop mode using 5x magnify, there is slight color aliasing but it is minimal compared to no filter at 1x.

So my conclusion is, filter is good at normal 1x.

At crop mode 5x, using a VAF filter softens the image.
Thanks again! This feature is so cool to provide more cinematic fov. How long can you recording in 5x crop mode?

ok it`s 1:1 1920 crop, and what about 2.5 k crop mode, but in 1920px output image size?i think it can be possible. Thanks!
Cinema, cinema, cinema

JackDaniel412

Built 2013/05/24: why with HaCKeD ON i have better speed? OFF 54/55 MB/s ON 58/59 MB/s.
CF SanDisk Extreme Pro 16 GB 90 MB/s.

Aspect ratio! Wonderful!

a.d.

Interesting! Could you  test it several times?

JackDaniel412

Quote from: a.d. on May 24, 2013, 08:10:38 PM
Interesting! Could you  test it several times?

Sorry, at the first loading module I had a worst speed (i don't know why) then the rate has stabilized at 58/59 MB/s with HaCKeD ON and OFF...
Don't work...

a.d.

I think ... It's normal behaviour. I notice we need something to kickstart. First RAW Record has always low frames.

silvertonesx24

May 24th seems a bit faster. Now get ~711 frames at 1880x940, where before I was getting 602 frames at 1880x960.

Hacked3d off, Global Draw off, Komputerbay 32gb 1000x

Hazer

Man you're still outgunning me on these write speeds -- impressive.

But I just made head-smacking discovery.  Disabling all stock Canon screen overlays via the "info" button gives me a boost from 59-60MB/sec to a solid 63-64MB/sec with the Komputerbay 64GB.  I can now hit the 4GB limit on today's build at 1720x968.  Amazing.  People, absolutely disable both ML global draw *and* all Canon overlays for max write speed!

Note that my Lexar 32Gb 1000x still doesn't max out at 1720x968.  It's always a touch slower than the Komputerbay.

Regardless I have to wonder what other simple fixes I may be overlooking that may account for the write speed differences I'm seeing from people with the same exact card.