600D/T3i Raw Video

Started by N/A, May 18, 2013, 04:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apefos

ok, maybe these ntsc fps are not so useful considering we can shoot 24p and do interpret footage in post to set the 23,976p frame rate... the same for the other values...

so keep going on improving the overlays and solving the spanning problem fot fat32 cards... (fat32 cards are very useful to use in different cameras, like GH2 and 600D, so a good spanning in raw recording is welcome)

thanks

Saiconfilm

I was wondering can you change the frame rate to 23.976 or does it only do 30?  And if you can shoot 24fps then where do I change it?  Thanks...

1%

FPS override can do whatever FPS you want, up to you to remember it tho.

Didn't notice diff between 24/23.976 at either interpreted 24 or 23.976.

Does it not span tho? Its supposed to. Just get annoying chunks.

gebo

Quote from: 1% on June 05, 2013, 03:53:54 PM
AE is alredy off at record, something else must be changing expo. Have to find out what. ACR or camera.

Yes I can confirm the exposure shifting is an ACR issue. The recording is ok.
Still have to find a solution...  ;)

N/A

Recorded quite a few shots at 23.976 fps ovrrride, the sequences lined up with external audio perfectly. Still got magenta frames but it was because I had forgotten to disable histogram before recording. Rookie mistake  ::)
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

robrock_68

Quote from: gebo on June 05, 2013, 08:10:43 PM
Yes I can confirm the exposure shifting is an ACR issue. The recording is ok.
Still have to find a solution...  ;)

I've found that if you use the "auto" selection in ACR, it makes the funny exposure shifts. When I have a difficult shot, I open it through bridge first, then ACR and pick the frame I want the exposure a specific way on, and then synchronize the rest.

Through After Effects, it makes it difficult because (unless someone knows otherwise) I can only see the first frame of the clip. Also, by using Bridge, if you have the "carryover" frame from the previous clip, it makes it easy to delete it.

Also, commit to a white balance. If you use auto, it really goofs things up.

robrock_68

shot this yesterday. Though there is moire and some aliasing I can live with it. Did some minor tweaking in ARC but otherwise untouched. Getting great results in 720 mode at 1408x352. scales to 1280x536 just fine. My favorite aspect ratio anyway, so I'm geeked. Just random shots highlighting the dynamic range.

P.S. No magenta and a few shots over 1700 frames in length. Perfect for narrative shooting. Going to run a continuous shot today to see how it holds up over time, but I'm thinking I found my "sweet spot" for my needs.

6/5/13 update. shot several more shots... (2 over 3 minutes in length) only one corrupt frame, but was only the last frame, on only one of the shots. Completely usable now. I'm beside myself with glee. This is the most amazing thing since ML released it's first stable release. Absolutely amazing. Thanks 1% and anyone else for putting so much hard work into this. I'm hoping Canon, if anything, adopts this as a factory option, and compensates your work accordingly.

I will be watching for updates, as they seem to get better with each release. Now I just need a few more 16GB cards and a little more patience and planning while shooting. I was planning on getting the BM Cine 4k cam, but now, I'm going to get another T3i, and rent the other if I need it. going to shoot some more, and pull a favor in from a friend, and get some projected at the local theater to see what it looks like on the big screen. Their Christie system is amazing, and is rather easy to deal with, so when I get this done, I will let you all know how it turns out.

Sane__

Excuse me for asking again, but right now i can't test it myself. So my question is, is it possible to shoot at least 6-7 seconds 1280 x 720 24fps?

1%

apefos

mov ind build feedback:

first a question: why changing the default aspect ratio to 2:1? it was great with 16:9 being the default.
globaw draw on / off was a good add
removing the black side bars from the lv in 640x480 mode was great

overlay indicators position improved, but needs a little tweaking to be better: move them more to top and more to bottom a little bit, see the photos showing 1344x768 and 1664x944. Move more to top will solve perfectly for 1344x768 and move more to bottom will solve bottom part for 1664x944. Maybe it will be impossible to solve the top part for 1664x944, but no problem at all.

1344x768 is the maximum resolution for 12fps and 1664x944 is the maximum resolution for 8fps, due to this I chose them.

1%

This is why I'm saying its hard to move them..

Quotewhy changing the default aspect ratio to 2:1

This was an ooops. Added more aspects and forgot to change the default.

apefos

ok, so next build it will go back to 16:9

you did well in making one line at bottom with three information, file name, file size and datarate, you used ":" and "," to separate.

maybe you can try to make top information in just one line also, this way it will be ok for 1344x768 at 12fps

apefos

I also have a suggestion for you to enable 9:16 aspect ratio, and 544 width because it will be great for 3D stereoscopic work using two 600D fixed bottom to bottom together.

apefos

the red skip frame information can be inside the frame, in another line, because it is a warning, not a constant information, and I believe people will try to avoid skip frames using correct resolution/fps combos.

1%

I think looks ok in most cases now.

nebula

Sorry, but I can't find Canon t3i firmware in folder downloaded from "http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/nightly/".
Is this right folder?

And there is no "Modules" folder in "ML" folder.

N/A

^^^ You need the version found at the link in the first post of this thread

nebula

N/A

nebula

Yes, I have got this file. I'm asking about Magic Lantern Nightly Build. There is no "600D-102.fir" for t3i.

apefos

best and simple solution would be to put the top overlay in one line and a little more up.
and the bottom overlay a little more down.

if cannot put top overlay in one line, keep it two lines and put it more up and it will be fine.

N/A

Nebula, you get that with the v2.3 stable build...

nebula

Quote from: N/A on June 06, 2013, 08:25:44 PM
Nebula, you get that with the v2.3 stable build...
Thank you! It works. :)

Critical Point

Is there any hope for a 24 fps 1280x720 raw video on the 600D, 10 or 12 or 14 bit ?
600D & GH2 / PC.

Alia5

Since there is no Progress in the 12bit 10bit topic, i would guess: NO

But since Upscaling still looks better dann h264 1080p - who cares? just get wider lenses or step away