600D/T3i Raw Video

Started by N/A, May 18, 2013, 04:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rshred

Unfortunately only 960 x 544 is possible continuously with the 600d  :(. 1280 x 720 only records ~100 frames.

Here is a video shot with Raw on the 600d.
Raw is very easy to grade but I feel that you should try it out in some tests before shooting a short with it...

Ronn

Hello,
I just started using the ML hack and I'm  bit confused at the results I'm getting. I have the 600D, 50mbps 32GB SD card. I'm running into two issues. When set to the lowest resolution, I'm still getting the error code "recording stopped automaticlly" and my footage is either extremely zoomed in or excessively cropped. Can someone post a simple check list for the best working settings for this camera? I'm sure that I'm just overlooking something.
Thanks!

Thejungle

Quote from: Ronn on February 22, 2014, 01:58:10 PM
Hello,
I just started using the ML hack and I'm  bit confused at the results I'm getting. I have the 600D, 50mbps 32GB SD card. I'm running into two issues. When set to the lowest resolution, I'm still getting the error code "recording stopped automaticlly" and my footage is either extremely zoomed in or excessively cropped. Can someone post a simple check list for the best working settings for this camera? I'm sure that I'm just overlooking something.
Thanks!

Unfortunately 600D has quite a low write speeds (max 21 mb/s), so it is not possible to shoot in high resolutions and if it is too big, you can shoot only limited frames. At tme moment you can check best settings (for 16:9 aspect ratio) in this web file:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgQ2MOkAZTFHdFFIcFp1d0R5TzVPTVJXOEVyUndteGc#gid=5

You have to experiment and find what suits you the best. You have to decide what aspect ratio you want either, as it is possible to shoot higher resolutions if you set more wide aspect ratios (like 2.35:1 to 2.67:1).