Magic Lantern for 5D Mark III - Alpha 3 (1.1.3)

Started by a1ex, September 07, 2012, 04:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazypig

Alex please make it auto load......
please~~~~~~~~~

a1ex

budafilms

In the new releases, can we try a kind of RAW file for video? I mean,  something like ARRI or RED cameras in 5D III. I was thinking, if the camera take RAW files from photos, with out the post processing color from sensor, maybe we can get each frame in raw files, 1920 x 1080. And we are the champion, my friends. See you!

ilguercio

Quote from: budafilms on October 19, 2012, 10:04:28 AM
In the new releases, can we try a kind of RAW file for video? I mean,  something like ARRI or RED cameras in 5D III. I was thinking, if the camera take RAW files from photos, with out the post processing color from sensor, maybe we can get each frame in raw files, 1920 x 1080. And we are the champion, my friends. See you!
Yeah, that's something new. Nobody thought about th... oh wait...
::)
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

a1ex

If you continue with such impossible requests, I think I'll go back to development on entry level cameras.

Jason Montalvo

Quote from: a1ex on October 19, 2012, 10:12:27 AM
If you continue with such impossible requests, I think I'll go back to development on entry level cameras.

I agree, everyone needs to stop asking for these impossible features, let the man do what he does best. The 5D3 is not an ARRI or RED camera, whatever features can be unlocked will be.

Every time we make an absurd request, it's probably making Alex frustrated and not want to work on the 5D3 anymore, so lets lay off him for a little.

csound

Perhaps a little patience and appreciation for the all hard work Alex & others have put into ML would be more constructive than pestering for features that are beyond the hardware capabilities of current Canon DSLRs.

I would be very grateful to eventually have ML 2.3 features working on the mk3.

a1ex

Thanks guys.

I'm pretty much ready with alpha 2 testing and tweaking, and if there won't be any major quirks, I'll announce it tonight. Can you take a quick look at it?

edit: see first post for download.

Jason Montalvo

Quote from: a1ex on October 19, 2012, 01:34:03 PM
Thanks guys.

I'm pretty much ready with alpha 2 testing and tweaking, and if there won't be any major quirks, I'll announce it tonight. Can you take a quick look at it?

download pre-alpha2

Thanks Alex !!

Christian

Quote from: a1ex on October 19, 2012, 01:34:03 PM
Thanks guys.

download pre-alpha2

Thank you a1ex!!!  My 5D Mark Free thanks you too  :D
Canon 5D3 | Canon 60D | Canon 17-40mm f/4 L | Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 | Canon 70-300 IS f/4 | Rokinon 8mm f/3.5

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

RenatoPhoto

No problems here with Alpha 2.   I like Magic zoom since it has enough cpu and is smooth; no flicker with no other features are enabled.  I really like focus peak, specially RAW Type, it makes it so easy to focus under low light conditions.  Congratulations on this piece of art!
I will wait for final realeas to comment on bugs if any.

Good job  ;D ;D ;D
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

hjfilmspeed

Yea! alpha 2! cant wait to try! so is the 5d3 skipping 2.3 goin into 2.4? or is it going to join the 2.3 club first?

Jason Montalvo

Works really well, I have a gig tonight that i'll be using it on.

Thanks Again !!

robertdouglas

Thanks Alex for your work ! That's nice :)

a1ex

bumkicho

Just tried HDR in 720P 60fps. Worked great.  I am sure it was discussed before, but it makes you really hope fore 1080p 48fps. Not sure how doable that is though. I will try HDR in 1080P 30fps and conform it to 24fps with twixtor.

Gradual iso worked great also. It was very smooth. Only issue I had with it was it didn't seem to matter that I had set iso limit to 6400. Still I can this feature will become your friend if you are a docu/event shooter.

Thank you, Alex, so much for your work!

tferradans

I'm gonna test it for real tomorrow, with some anamorphic lenses. Did a quick test today and it worked great.
I noticed some lag in LV when CPU rates are too high. Had to disable some stuff.

Focus peaking has some other modes I've never noticed in previous versions, that are good, but drain a lot of CPU too.

Anyway, congratulations guys! By the end of the weekend I'll post some more thoughts here about the new alpha.

a1ex

Yes, the new focus peaking modes will slow down LiveView, I think at around 15-20 fps. Needs some heavy code optimizing... or maybe a faster processor.

kikouyou

Thanks Alex for Alpha2
I could load it on my (good) EyeFi card and everything went well with WiFi and ML working
I love focus peeking in gray scale
I have tried magic windows for pictures and all its settings but it seems quite buggy, maybe I am doing something wrong
I cannot get the 2 windows to align when focused and the other settings do not seem to work

Thanks again for your hard work

E

a1ex

The full screen magic zoom doesn't use the advanced settings, only the small zoom boxes can use those.

Split screen is heuristic, not 100% accurate.

tob

Quote from: a1ex on October 19, 2012, 10:13:50 PM
Yes, the new focus peaking modes will slow down LiveView, I think at around 15-20 fps. Needs some heavy code optimizing... or maybe a faster processor.

Is the  DIGIC 5+ slower than the old er cpu?

JoeRender

A automatic white blalance would help extremely in the next release. Press a button in front of a greycard to get the right celvin values :) Is somethimng like that planned?

nanomad

Quote from: tob on October 20, 2012, 11:56:52 AM
Is the  DIGIC 5+ slower than the old er cpu?
Digic IV is even slower with new peaking modes

Quote from: JoeRender on October 20, 2012, 12:09:34 PM
A automatic white blalance would help extremely in the next release. Press a button in front of a greycard to get the right celvin values :) Is somethimng like that planned?

ML already has one-click WB. I have no idea if it is enabled on the 5D Mk III but you can check in the exposure menu by going to the white balance sub-menu (if there's one)

edit: nope, it's not enabled yet
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5