600D Audio TEST release - 2.3 based

Started by scrax, August 13, 2012, 10:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miyake

Thankyou very much all testers.

@funkysound
v7's sound diffence made by a Equalizer off. When we turn on the equalizer with default equalizer paramers, the volume go to down a little.(and current recording sound is not natural sound. It's already customized by canon.)
We were thinking our overriding is turn off equalizer at all time. But I found bug on changing equalizer setting. Solved it and then we got little loud soud. So you may volume down and check sound quality.

@1%
Digital is working with no problem on my side.

@jonnyschanny @Rush
In my knowledge, some task is still working(deadlock) then it can't be shutdown.
In this case, you CAN'T see "Sensor cleanning" message. You must BATTERY PULL NEEDED.
Anyway, When it cannot reproduce on my side, I can't solve it.  and use v7.
If you face this issue again, please let me know.

Another thing.
1:Turn power to off.
2:displayed "Sensor cleanning" and finish shutdown.
3:Open the SD-card door.
4:read autoexec.bin (all cameras)
(Normally, it's a really short time. But reading broken autoexec.bin, LED is not finish flashing)

1%

Only thing not working for me is wav playback. For some reason the speaker pops  but there is no sound. Beeps and test tones work though. Records fine too.

miyake

Ah, Isee.
You may put msleep(500) between audio_configure() and playing wav.

MSG added
1%
I just understand, I was miss understanding your message.
And check codes, but already added msleep(500) in wav_play_ex()....
We need to check which is buffer(and inside data of buf) is prepared or not first.

miyake

600D audio autoexec.bin *BETA* Updated
http://chirari.ddo.jp/ml/600Daudio/autoexec8.bin (need rename to autoexec.bin)
History
-Added effect mode control in Digital menu
-Completely split menu item for analog[gain,boost], add these into submenu.

Added control for effect mode. But only working "Notch filter". Because when camera standby,
all Equalizer parameter was reset by canon firm. 

Split contorol menu for Analog gain and boost. boost up is better for getting nice volume with less hiss-noise.
As scrax said befor, boost is lesser hiss-noise.
So It's a "gain+6&boost+25" is better sound than "gain+30&boostOFF"

Try it. You can hear very good sound

1%

They updated it,

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/changeset/5c886add747dd0426f75bb71bc9cfa95807f6dc2

I put msleep but for some reason it didn't work.

With or without it stopped playing. Also, it used to be able to play beeps through monitor and now its choppy and cuts off

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern/changeset/9e93e6735b6e4a58ef005540e9e6f026692beb27.

miyake

1%:
I will check it. and I just understand how to override beep from your code.
Will try it.

miyake

1%
Current code has no entry for this func.
beep.c:(.text+0x278): undefined reference to `SetNextASIFADCBuffer'

and I guess You may add msleep() in beep.c line 231. like this

PowerAudioOutput();
    audio_configure(1);
#ifdef CONFIG_600D
    msleep(500);
#endif
    SetAudioVolumeOut(COERCE(beep_volume, 1, 5));
    wav_ibuf = 0;

MSG added
Oh, you already added...

1%

We have 2 functions like that function... one for int 8 and one for int 16.

Also wonder if its possible to record a wav and a audio-less movie at the same time.

a1ex

Use the 16-bit stub, although they are identical on 5D2 and 550D.

I think the wav recording can be combined with FPS override and get a MOV and a WAV file.

For high bitrates, No idea how high you can go, but with a large audio buffer it may be quite OK.

scrax

Using v8 I have err70 when recording wav. Not tested a lot, just a couple of quick test from the menu and using set after a pic same memory problem.

crash log:

ASSERT: FALSE
at Memory\Memory.c:188, task beep_task
lv:0 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2012Aug23.600D102
Mercurial changeset   : 0f0fc93360e6 (unified) tip
Built on 2012-08-23 04:03:03 by miyake@MLJPinfo.
Free Memory  : 333K + 995K

I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

miyake

@scrax

yes., beep.c is still yesterday version.

1%

My recording is still solid. Just playback dead, but that's not a big issue. 90mbps + wav audio would be hot.

Also need to change first analog lable, its not gain + boost anymore.

jonnyschanny

i similary got an error 70 when trying to use the recorder. this was on v7. Sorry i was out of town yesterday evening so i couldnt get v8. Anyways, under sound recorder.... i hit the "record new audio clip" and the error happens. It says "saving debug log. send log to ML developers". Um how can i send you the saved debug files?? Also, i tried the recorder with different options on, example : different record lengths. But each one got an error. Never got it to work without it crashing.

miyake

@jonnyschanny
We developer already know sound recording issue on  current 600D audio BETA.
1% is solving himself and using 1% version autoexec.bin.

v8's sound recording  is also not working. we just develop it.

1%

Truthfully, I've been copying you lately. :)

miyake

600D audio autoexec.bin *BETA* Updated
http://chirari.ddo.jp/ml/600Daudio/autoexec9.bin (need rename to autoexec.bin)
History
-Solved two monitoring issues.
  *solved display blackout when plugged Headphone and HPmon ON and Override OFF.
  *solved strange volume issue when cfg_override off and monitor mode off.

Dear Testers:
How about your testing status? Is it a enough stability? I will freeze code at this version 0.9.
My known bugs are all solved.So  please testing this version. and please tell me "good" or report problems.
Thank you for your cooperation.

johndb

Focus square resets location to upper left corner of display other than this one problem video recording is good.
600D ML | 450D | EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, Speedlite 580EX II, Azden SMX-10 Microphone; Sony Vegas HD Platinum, DxO Optics Pro, DxO Filmpack, Oloneo HDR Photoengine

miyake

@johndb
Did you try 0.9? I have no problem.

scrax

Updated first post and fixed analog gain names.
I can't find wav record function is this ok? was hidden...

Seems I can't play wav, but just done a couple of quick test.
I was thinking if we can use that for recording audio and keep audio off in canon menu when recording video, so to have more control on the audioIC at the price of separate audio and video files?
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Kromofone

Quote from: miyake on August 26, 2012, 07:26:55 PM
Is it a enough stability? I will freeze code at this version 0.9.
My known bugs are all solved.So  please testing this version. and please tell me "good" or report problems.
Thank you for your cooperation.
I experienced some weird stuff and volume bugs, when I was using autoexec9.bin, but I still have to recreate those conditions, so that I can be sure that those are in-fact real bugs. I will make a short video about showing the bug conditions being created, but I'll do it tomorrow, right now gotta get some sleep! And I can also post some noise comparisons between different audio gain functions on soundcloud, if you want to hear some differences!

miyake

@scrax
-I think I will solve issue wav play after finishing 600D audio is more stable. It's not time to solve it. because it has a small posivility for some code will be change on our side.
-yes, beep.c has PowerAudioOutput(built-in function). So we need to use it.

@Kromofone
-Thanks, please go ahead to make your video.
-I'm tried it too. But it's a really small noises in low volume environment. I can't see purple graph
   http://chirari.ddo.jp/ml/?p=934

johndb

Quote from: miyake on August 26, 2012, 07:57:00 PM
@johndb
Did you try 0.9? I have no problem.

The problem has been corrected in 0.9. Thank you.
600D ML | 450D | EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, Speedlite 580EX II, Azden SMX-10 Microphone; Sony Vegas HD Platinum, DxO Optics Pro, DxO Filmpack, Oloneo HDR Photoengine

jonnyschanny

Good work!! on v9, while recording video and audio from an external mic, i've had several times where the video automatically stopped recording after a few seconds.  it said something like. "camera automatically stopping recording. I felt my camera and it didnt feel hot. seems like this may be a bug. ill let you know if i find anything else. :D Thanks again to all of you for making it possible for us to get decent audio!!!!

1%

Did you set bit rate at all? Sounds like buffer ran out.

miyake

@honnyschanny
My guess is
Please try bitrate 0.1 or 0.5(down the bitrate). Then If solving problems, you need more faster cards.
On camera CPU/memory/data bus has some resource limitations.
Actually, Override Audio need a little bit more resources. Then a little slowing down the total amount of recording processes.
But If you use faster card, the bit stream is a little bit faster writing to the card when before we enter heavy processes(overriding).
Then, buffer utilization become low.=> not stop recording.
However, I can't guarantee solving a problem when you buy faster card. It's a good reason for buying a newest faster card ;-)
1% is already found how to write over 4Gig(long time recording). So I recommend you to buy SDXC.
(and test this issue is reproduce or not (^_^;)

Anyway, previous versions are sometime stop recording on my situation. But v9 is a little cleanup override codes. So now I have no problem.And one more tips for you.  When boot up first time recording, It's a little more resource using. When 2nd time, Camera will use memory cache for recording processes. It means 2nd time is light weight for the processes . And not stop it, I believe.