Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlRivrRat

70D+ML111B 23AprA5B  "SET" button startup to disable ML still is not working for me. Is anyone else encountering this? Am I possibly doing something incorrectly?

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

nikfreak

@DeafeyeJeydi: no panic.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=10111.msg145989#msg145989

Got all infos needed from your video. if I need more I will shout it out.

Quote from: ShootMeAlready on April 25, 2015, 01:38:54 AM
I notice lots of hot pixels at ISO 3200, they start at about 10s then slowly increase but at around 22s there are lots.

Anyone else having the same issue above described by ShootMeAlready?

Quote from: OlRivrRat on April 25, 2015, 02:29:02 AM
    70D+ML111B 23AprA5B  "SET" button startup to disable ML still is not working for me. Is anyone else encountering this? Am I possibly doing something incorrectly?

Sounds like it's not working. i will check it. Works for me on 70D_111A. Recheck it plz. Power off cam. press set button and keep it pressed until sdcard led stops blinking (~2secs). This way it works for me...
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

DeafEyeJedi

@nikfreak:

Ya, saw that earlier right after I asked you about it. Good catch! [emoji108]

@OlRivrRat:

I'll try to duplicate the 'button startup to disable M' bug and check it out!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

MedicineMan4040

BirdPics one thought for you.
Once I was on an island off s.Carolina doing bird photography. My problem was I needed to be in two places at one time.
With ML on my 6D I selected intervalometer, set up the camera/lens aimed at an osprey nest and let it click away hoping to catch the osprey returning with
a fish 'in hand'...meanwhile I'm at another location about a mile away actively imaging an eagle and eaglets on a nest.
So in this situation the beauty/utility ML gave me was an internal intervalometer so no need to connect anything, remember another cable or worry about batteries
in an external intervalometer.
You mentioned wildlife, so that goes beyond birds eh, so another area I love ML for is macro. The focus stack (though I can't remember what it is called in the ML menu, I'm at work and the 6D is at home) will allow when used with an auto-focus lens, the capture of many pics are various focal lengths of your macro subject that you can stack
in photoshop.
Just two uses among many many that ML offers.
I use the 70D solely for macro and astro now....and obviously am so looking forward to the intervalometer being internal with the 70D when I get the time for the install.

chann

wpociej

I've installed the ML in my canon (rev. B) and ML live view does not work at all, nor any overlays in live view. No matter what I enable it sill only displays default canon live view menu.

Try the info button. gd luck

wpociej

wpociej

I've installed the ML in my canon (rev. B) and ML live view does not work at all, nor any overlays in live view. No matter what I enable it sill only displays default canon live view menu.

Try the info button. gd luck

I've tried every possible button and nothing changes.. :/

Walter Schulz

Toggle through LV screen using INFO. Global Draw ON.

Carmona

Hey guys, first time using ML for me. Thank you Nikfreak and a1ex!
QuoteI notice lots of hot pixels at ISO 3200, they start at about 10s then slowly increase but at around 22s there are lots.
@nikfreak, same thing happend to me when shooting on ISO 3200. (using 2015Apr23.70D111B)

BirdPics

@MedicineMan4040 

Thanks for the reply, that all sounds pretty interesting. I'm keen to try it out but what's the chances of breaking my camera at this point?

Canniballissimo

Friends, I have a problem. If I shoot RAW-video with a resolution 1824 * 1026, in the frame fit the entire image. If I shoot RAW-video at a lower resolution, the frame and the picture will fall circumcision. Tell me how to set that at different resolutions in the frame breaks the same thing?

OlRivrRat

@NikFreak
Thanks for the Reply.
Made sure that Buttons are @ Default & tried again while holding Set Button as long as 20sec's - ML still Active. Not a Big Issue but would be nice to have. Understand if you want to fry bigger fish, like FPS Override.

@DeafeyeJeydi
Thanks to you also for the Reply.

ORR ~ DeanB

aGill

@nikfreak - Anyone else having the same issue above described by ShootMeAlready?
(Quote from: ShootMeAlready
    I notice lots of hot pixels at ISO 3200, they start at about 10s then slowly increase but at around 22s there are lots.)

I got few hot pixels even at ISO 800 (RAW video 1792x762) with Alpha 4b:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHmjSHMsqBg

70D.111A

ShootMeAlready

aGill  like your video, good focus through out. Your 800 ISO looks like my 1600 ISO. 
Yours is usable as I saw only 2 pixels, was wondering how many frames you got at 1792x792 per clip, 
I was getting about 400 frames before skip and then only 1-2 hotpixels at IS0 1600.

I tried the pixel remap, trick.  I am using high ISO NR = strong.    You may want to try those to see if helps. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJBuGhMnvFo

Next step is to buy the pen sensor cleaning kit. 
Will try to clean lens & try more fast glass (so far I have tried sigma 18-35 f1.8, 50-150 f2.8 ).

FYI: using Sandisk extreme pro 32GB card with 95Mb/s read/ 90MB/s write.
1824 x 776 @ 2.35 / 24fps got 14s.  Which is max res. (90% of 1920 @ 2.35)and totally usable for master shot pans, as typically pans at most is 10s. Wow!
1792x762 @ 2.35 /24fps   got 16s.  Good for pans.  Probably very usable for most dialogue shots.
1728x736 @ 2.35 /24fps   got 22s. Good for dialogue.  Rarely does one talk for 22s without need for a cut.
1600 x 680 @ 2.35 / 24fps got 62s.  Good for extended scenes. Wow!  This pretty much continuous for my purposes, as I never shoot past 30s. 
When tried 1792 with 2.39 aspect ratio only added less than 2 seconds.
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

Aaberg

Quote70D+ML111B 23AprA5B  "SET" button startup to disable ML still is not working for me. Is anyone else encountering this? Am I possibly doing something incorrectly?

I'm running the same version. I had to set the "SET" button to "Off" in Custom Controls. After that it worked for me.

Issue I've run in to: I can't seem to get the intervalometer working together with Full Res Silent Picture module. Both work on their own, but not together. It might be down to user error though.

OlRivrRat

@Aaberg

"I had to set the "SET" button to "Off" in Custom Controls."

Thanks for the reply ~ My "SET" button is set to "Off" in Custom Controls ~ Issue persists.

ORR ~ DeanB

bigorna

Pressing "SET" during start up wasn´t working also.
After setting "SET" to OFF, now I can boot without ML. Thanks for the tip.
Running 23AprA5B.

Frarike

Rev.A

I got error 70 when I went to play back some raw footage (mlv). I had both raw and h.264 on the card already. Haven't had this happen before.
This probably isn't helpful.  :-\
70D.112

Toni_m_m

@nikfreak

Why is follow focus disabled? I did enable follow focus and rack focus and follow focus seems to work perfectly. rack focus will crash shortly after using.

scottbastedo

How do I change the bitrate? I can't find it in the menus, and I've tried searching through this sub-forum to no avail. Do I have to enable something???

DeafEyeJedi

*feedbacks*

Here are some clips of RAW/MLV shot in ISO 800, ISO 1600 for hot pixels comparisons as well as MLV/RAW Dual-ISO still not being able to convert (apparently it works fine for Dual-ISO CR2 files):

https://vimeo.com/126014706
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

ShootMeAlready

DefEye it seems you are seeing hot pixels at ISO 800 & 1600 as well.
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

chrisfrancia

Bug Report: Alpha5b Version (Most recent release on most recently supported camera)

MLV DNG Files
DNG file sequences extracted from MLV files do not open in any adobe program, error is "module could not parse file", Raw works, MLRawviewer allows export as .mov which works.

Red Dead Pixel
Stuck red pixel (same place) in all raw video above about 400 iso, it gets more noticeable as iso increases, may even be there but hard to see at 100 iso. Pixel is not in non raw video

Arrow Key Functions
Setting the arrow and set keys to do anything (kelvin/iso + white balance or brightness/saturation +reset) does not function. I attempted changing my keys to set to nothing, however i did not try setting to default or turning off the camera after i changed the settings so if they are working for someone else please tell me what your canon setting is and i will attempt.

Audio Bars
Audio bars are only visible if global draw is turned off, no menu option to turn them on

Movie Servo
There is a icon in the lower left of the screen when movie servo is turned on (in vanilla firmware) that is gone and was quite useful to switch between auto and manual focus without having to flick the lens switch during and before recording

Raw Video Recording
Exposure settings cannot be changed when recording raw video, is this a bug or a nuance?

also this is prob not the place to write this one but it would be super useful if all camera settings (iso/framerate/fstop/shutter/whitebal etc.) could be written to a single frame in raw video, or just even a log like is possible for h264 video]

also my set button previously would disable ML but no longer does this function either

I also wish the ML menu would open to the favorites menu or last place I was in after a restart
[5D3 1.2.3 ML] [6D 1.1.6 ML]

janoschsimon

hey there i got error 70 2 times when i tried higher resolutions and the mlv modul told me that a frame was skipped and stopped the recording hope that helps :-)

latest build on a Transcend Ultimate-Speed SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 64GB

cheers janosch

Frarike

Got a few more crashes still just error 70. I'm using rev. A. There isn't one particular thing that I do to get the error all I can think of it is something to do with mlv.

These are the crash logs.
https://mega.nz/#F!71gyjZ7Q!cRrQ-DRur02tLFJKru5aBw
70D.112