MLV Mystic - [Windows][OSX] MLV/RAW to DNG & Dual ISO GUI batch converter V0.5

Started by GTempler, February 13, 2014, 06:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fotorojas

Hi Daniel,
I had the same problem and all it was about folder name. I´m spanish and use some spanish symbols.
I wish this could help you.
Julian

Quote from: 5DanielMIII on April 21, 2014, 03:04:57 PM
Hi

I can not convert any of my MLV files from the build;
Date: 2014-04-20 07:11:47 +0800

Program says Complete but all the folders are empty.

5D Mark III .113

Regards,
Daniel

Kadereek

Quote from: mario1000 on February 13, 2014, 07:44:46 AM
An interesting program but I think I found a bug in the user interface. If I click "vertical Stripes fix (5d3)" I get stripes in the pictures and if I uncheck the button I don´t get any stripes. I think this should be fixed.

Hi all,

finally able to register and I've been trying the program myself and lovin it however i've experienced the same as Mario here from way back regarding the stripes when i check the vertical stripe fix. Is there a fix to this i may have missed out? :P

The vertical stripes the fix is referring to are the oftentimes visible vertical bands in 5dm3 yes? I have been reading up on it and it's such a downer. Just hoping its not my sensor even though ive been reading many concerns about it. Hoping the "fix" can help address it if at all possible.

Thanks again for putting so much work on streamlining the ML workflow. Greatly appreciated from this part of the world. hehe. Lately its really just this banding thing that annoys me :( Not sure if i should have it replaced or what not. Will keep testing.

Cheers all!

:Derek

Kadereek

And oh it was the RAW to DNG for the 5dm3 that has these lines show up. Ill try the MLV to DNG stripe fix and test.

Thanks again and regards!

:Derek

budafilms

Last version doesn't work on MAC

Unknown file.

Shoot: 5d Mark III Firmware 1.2.3 - ML Build March 12.
Type: Dual ISO.

I tried again and works.

frenchps49

Well, the latest version worked for me. Tried with .MLV (with and without sound) and .RAW, stripe fix; chroma smoothing and it worked for me.  On the other hand the progress bar doesn't work. Although didn't try dual ISO. Maybe the problem comes from there.
Thanks for the work and the passion.

a1ex

@GTempler,

I just took a look at your software package, and you say it's built upon our tools, mlv_dump and raw2dng. It also seems to include code from cr2hdr, not 100% sure.

Since your program is not just a simple GUI that executes our binaries as I thought initially, you are required to share your source code under GPL, as discussed here.

Thanks.

actingnurse

kontrakatze

Using chroma smoothing 2x2 results in colored dots (mainly blue) coming up in very dark areas if they are lifted. No problems without color smoothing on 5d Mark III.

Regards,
Kontrakatze

tarakarama

HI,

I am new to Magic lantern. I have Canon 5D Mark II. I tried to install a nightly build to shoot raw video. I noticed there is a possibility to record MLV raw and sound, but don't know which build it is. Can anyone please suggest me on this? Thank you

Toffifee

Just get the nightly, enable the modules, enable sound recording. There you go. RAW + Sound.

pettermannen

Hi!
I use 5d Mark III, and build 20th of april, firmware 113,MLV Mystic 0.5 beta, I have the same problem as Daniel Above. When I try to convert  MLV files all folders are empty. I created a folder for my destination called "test". After hitting convert the software says complete. I have recorded on Lexar 128gb. And in exfat. Thankful for help. I have mavericks 10.9.3.
5D mark III owner

5DanielMIII

Quote from: pettermannen on June 29, 2014, 09:47:22 PM
Hi!
I use 5d Mark III, and build 20th of april, firmware 113,MLV Mystic 0.5 beta, I have the same problem as Daniel Above. When I try to convert  MLV files all folders are empty. I created a folder for my destination called "test". After hitting convert the software says complete. I have recorded on Lexar 128gb. And in exfat. Thankful for help. I have mavericks 10.9.3.

Hi @pettermannen ,
*I found that when I try to save my export into a very deep folder structure, sometimes it makes blank folders.
So when that happens I export them straight to the desktop.
*I have also had blank folders when the actual MLV files are buried to deep into folders too.
*And sometimes it just does not work  :)

-MIRawviewer is an excellent tool, try that one! That is what I use for all my MLV files now.
It is great having the option to see/playback all the MLV`s first, hear the sound, set in out points and then add them to render que for export!  :D

(or "son of batch" is another one)

Regards,
Daniel
I am thankful that Jesus and MagicLantern exist, because they both change lives!

pettermannen

5Daniel3, Thanks for you answer, I removed a swedish letter called Å in the folder structure, that did the trick.
I have not got Mlraw viewer to work yet. Have you installed other software than the Mlrawviever itself?
I am on a macbook pro Os mavericks 10.9.3

Best regards
Pettermannen
5D mark III owner

pettermannen

5D mark III owner

sendalonline

Hi All,

I just came to a sad realisation... If this little piece of software (MLVMystic) will not be further (publicly) developed it might have something to do with licensing. I have read this thread and many more with endless discussions on trying to mitigate the effort put into the ML project by its creators and others contributing and/or benefiting from it.

Therefore, I don't know if the sudden silence of @GTempler has something to do with the reply by @a1ex - it would be nice to know.

I wonder if there will ever be an easy tool (supported, updated, working...) to convert RAW / MLV files without vertical stripes from the 5D MKIII - which really is the camera I suppose you want to use with ML.

I'm sure many, myself included, would gladly pay for the post processing software and ML itself. I understand that there are complex issues involved but there is a clear need for this software, not just to play around with raw, but also to use it in production.

Unfortunatly, as other companies improve on their video offerings (sony, panasonic, blackmagic...), Canon might loose the videographer market it created and thus diminish the need for ML.

budafilms

Quote from: sendalonline on July 06, 2014, 09:41:58 PM
Hi All,

I just came to a sad realisation... If this little piece of software (MLVMystic) will not be further (publicly) developed it might have something to do with licensing. I have read this thread and many more with endless discussions on trying to mitigate the effort put into the ML project by its creators and others contributing and/or benefiting from it.

Therefore, I don't know if the sudden silence of @GTempler has something to do with the reply by @a1ex - it would be nice to know.

I wonder if there will ever be an easy tool (supported, updated, working...) to convert RAW / MLV files without vertical stripes from the 5D MKIII - which really is the camera I suppose you want to use with ML.

I'm sure many, myself included, would gladly pay for the post processing software and ML itself. I understand that there are complex issues involved but there is a clear need for this software, not just to play around with raw, but also to use it in production.

Unfortunatly, as other companies improve on their video offerings (sony, panasonic, blackmagic...), Canon might loose the videographer market it created and thus diminish the need for ML.

wich is the point?
Pay for the soft? Just use the other ones for free. The pay version of others are worst than free ones...

zacshome

What is the difference between Dng and Cdng? I use raw2cdng atm but the vertacle stripes is hurting me, looking at running this, would you use this over raw2cdng? is it that dng is for adobe and cdng is for resolve? this has always baffled me.

Danne

Actually, this is the only app which I, ve found that converts dual iso movie files best and in a convenient way. I, d love too see it maintained.

Quote from: budafilms on July 07, 2014, 05:27:42 AM
wich is the point?
Pay for the soft? Just use the other ones for free. The pay version of others are worst than free ones...

WorzelG

Does the job but would be nice to see a progress bar like in MLVbrowser.

Audionut

With communication from Gavin, the source code for this application can be found in the first post.

senzazn12

DeafEyeJedi

Tested out latest beta -- with dual ISO enabled and the converted DNG's are not recognized by any of the Adobe programs...

Anyone else experience this as well?

Could this be due to black/white levels not being applied?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109