MLV raw files native support in Premiere Pro CC!!! (99%) minor glitches

Started by duey101, February 09, 2014, 07:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duey101

This is great James.  I can say that working with the plugin as it exists right now is a joy.  Having the ability to adjust exposure control, white balance, highlight & shadow is important as Malex mentioned is important.  If we could use it with ACR even better, but I don't know the tech side of things or how that could be accomplished (if it could).  But if it was, then you have the "Holy Grail" PPro CC plugin.  The one thing about raw import as I am using it now is the ability to open it in ACR which gives you a huge advantage from the start of your work flow. 

Shoot Raw>Edit Raw>Color Raw>Export Raw> +1 on that.

This is of course the workflow we all want.   
Gear: Canon 5D Mark III, 60D, EF 70-200L, EF 85mm, EF 50mm, EF 10-22mm.  Platform: Dual Boot Win 7 Ultimate x64/Mavericks Hackintosh, PPro CC, LR5.

Malex

Quote from: Nang on February 28, 2014, 02:50:21 AM
Hmm that sounds like a good setup, but I won't be able to afford so many drives to do one Raid. Is Raid 0 that unreliable? I currently have 5 external hard drives (I like to backup my backups  :D)

It not that it's unreliable, it just that if one of the drives crashes you won't be able to recover any data :O so that's why it important to have another drive to backup the raid0.

g3gg0

this discussion is totally OT.
but i want to add my 2c:

Single disk failure probability is P(A) for disk1 and P(B) for disk2.
iirc the probabilities are like that:

RAID0 is less reliable than a single disk, but faster if you use striping.
probability of failure is P(A) + P(B)

RAID1 is more reliable than both, but has not more disk space than a single disk.
probability of failure is P(A) * P(B)

RAID5 uses three disks and provides the same reliability as RAID1
probability of failure is a bit more complex but assuming the disks are uniform.
(P(A) + P(B) - P(A) * P(B)) * (P(A) + P(B) - P(A) * P(B))
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Nang

Quote from: Malex on February 28, 2014, 11:07:09 AM
It not that it's unreliable, it just that if one of the drives crashes you won't be able to recover any data :O so that's why it important to have another drive to backup the raid0.

Quote from: reddeercity on February 28, 2014, 04:13:34 AM
No Raid 0 is find as long as you Have backup, I never have lost a Raid 0 yet, but the possible is there.
you could also look at a raid 0+1 which is just a mirrored raid 0 which there again you need 4 drives
but there is redundancy there. One more option is to look at 10,000 rpm WD VelociRaptor 600gb I run them in my
Server , Workstation &  my Older MacPro. There are Cheap now days, just a thought. :)

Quote from: g3gg0 on February 28, 2014, 01:14:26 PM
this discussion is totally OT.
but i want to add my 2c:

Single disk failure probability is P(A) for disk1 and P(B) for disk2.
iirc the probabilities are like that:

RAID0 is less reliable than a single disk, but faster if you use striping.
probability of failure is P(A) + P(B)

RAID1 is more reliable than both, but has not more disk space than a single disk.
probability of failure is P(A) * P(B)

RAID5 uses three disks and provides the same reliability as RAID1
probability of failure is a bit more complex but assuming the disks are uniform.
(P(A) + P(B) - P(A) * P(B)) * (P(A) + P(B) - P(A) * P(B))

AWESOME!! Thanks guys for all the info! Guess I'll have to figure out my budget. Hopefully this MLV raw file native support plugin will be available at a lower price so I can push harder to build
Portfolio: somnang.4ormat.com | Video: https://vimeo.com/somnang
Prime: Olympus Zuiko OM 24mm f/2.8 | Rokinon Cine 85mm T/1.5 | Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4 | Helios 44-2 58mm f/2.0 | Jupiter 37A 135mm f/3.5
Zoom: Meteor 5-1 17-69mm f/1.9, Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8, Tamron 24-70mm Di VC f/2.

nemesis

ok wow i didnt know this one really , always use the MLV2DNG -__- mega long workflow !

thanks duey for this topic !   :D work great in Premiere Pro CC 2014 , but only problem is that ' play ' icon thaat appear in the clip ,
anybody know what is doing there and how to get rid of the icon ?? and some defect on some line

Bropa

The Director

it's very bad plugin(((

ACR (VisionLOG) vs. native MLV from Drastic Media Reactor

QuoteThe Magic Lantern firmware has a new supported file format for raw bayer that includes a lot more metadata, audio and general structure.  The Magic Lantern Video (MLV) format can be played in some Drastic software and will soon be fully supported for display, editing and conversion.
http://www.drastic.tv/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=204:supported-raw-camera-formats&catid=59&Itemid=94

lanternman

Any progress on this thing yet? It'd be good to see a 100% working plugin for PP CC.

Ethan

Any update on this plug in? I would definitely be a buyer, even if only for the ability to edit straight from mlv.

csabi

Hi Guys!
I have a lot of raw footage, shot on 5D3, classic RAW container, not MLV and i need something like MRWS to easily handle in premiere cc 2017.
Mrws is work fine for me, but this plugin is a tonns of money.
Any suggestions?
I try to avoid dng converting.
Thanks in advance.